Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Devils

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The only player that came to play tonight was Anderson.

Need a better effort from the Sens except for Anderson, who is already giving his all to keep us in games.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think Turris showed up tonight as well from what I can see.
Overall it was a typical NJ game, snoozefest.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
after scoring the first goal, we had mercy on the Devils and egged them to score on purpose by spending the game in our zone

it was an easy win

closer to the wildcards, and certainly closer to the best points per cost team

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
The only player that came to play tonight was Anderson.

Need a better effort from every player.

Didn't get to see the game but Lazar only played 8:30 tonight? Did he get hit by a stinger or something? Because if he's barely playing, I'd much rather see him get sent to the junior's.

Also Pageau at 10:30? (Slightly understandable) And Hoffman at 11:01?

Last edited:

Xamar*

I'd rather loose these kinda games honestly. No way one earth should there be any smiles in the changing room except for Andy and the PKers. Just disgraceful sad and pathetic hockey from the team.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Most boring and undeserved win of the year. I'll take it.

Andy is too good for this team.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Thank you Andy.

Also really liked EK's game. He made some very mature plays tonight, showed more awareness of the score I felt.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Noooo. Win now mode. We drafted zib puempel and traded for Ryan. Rebuild complete.

No you're right, let's just throw a bunch of kids out there with unreliable goaltending....Couldn't possibly hurt their development. Worked for Edmonton.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
gotta love people who complain when we win

By pointing out that we maybe didn't play that well.? What is wrong with that.
It's called have a standard of excellence. All the great teams when they won they knew they could win better. Tonight was a terrible win. And I'm pretty sure Murray isn't jumping for joy right now. That was pathetic.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well Chicago wouldn't because they already have too many quality goalies as it is and doesn't seem to matter who starts.

Anaheim has Gibson as the next one, with Beezer now backing up Andersen this year.

So probably not the best comparisons.

They have goalies coming up that are decent but giving up a late first rounder for a goalie that could take an elite team to the cup is a highly probable scenario imo.

Jorec

Mar 4, 2011
Wish they had battled back harder after all the penalties. Refs were not doing them any favours (to an enraging degree) but after the penalty parade stopped, I was expecting better play.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sorry, but someone needs to create a thread on the main boards about how Anderson is one of the most underrated goaltenders ever in the NHL right now.

His rankings on hf boards are a joke.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No you're right, let's just throw a bunch of kids out there with unreliable goaltending....Couldn't possibly hurt their development. Worked for Edmonton.

I never mentioned Edmonton. Nor did I mention playing the kids.

Like how some people think we are magically avoiding becoming a bad team because of whatever course we are on. So afraid of becoming Edmonton.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Thats the sign of a good team right? We still win even if we played like crap, now i know how Leafs fans feels. :laugh:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
They have goalies coming up that are decent but giving up a late first rounder for a goalie that could take an elite team to the cup is a highly probable scenario imo.

Again, nope.

Anaheim was one of the best teams and they chose to go with Anderssen and Gibson over Hiller instead of trading for Ryan Miller.

Ryan Miller is why no team will trade a first round pick for a goalie again.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Thank you Andy.

Also really liked EK's game. He made some very mature plays tonight, showed more awareness of the score I felt.

Since the game where pretty much everyone trashed him in his thread saying we should trade him he's a joke around the league and all that BS he has played very well against Boston, Buffalo and tonight. Made good plays all over the ice, points don't show because we don't have enough skills I can think of many plays where he made good passes that our players didn't score

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Since the game where pretty much everyone trashed him in his thread saying we should trade him he's a joke around the league and all that BS he has played very well against Boston, Buffalo and tonight. Made good plays all over the ice, points don't show because we don't have enough skills I can think of many plays where he made good passes that our players didn't score

I honestly can't. He was pretty good defensively. But like the rest of our players was a nightmare on the neutral and offensive zones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad