Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Devils

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
A playoff spot will still be difficult to get for the Sens. In the Metro Division more teams had a poor start so we'd have 2 chances at the last wildcard and 3rd spot in that division which is held by the NYR at 34 points but in our division the Atlantic only the last wildcard is within reach right now with 3 teams to jump (2 have games in hand) and many teams chasing us too. The 1st wildcard is occupied by Toronto and they are 9 points ahead with even games. They'd have to really take a dive while we play lights out for us to catch up. The way the team played tonight that doesn't seem likely.

It won't get easier. That said this was a big win by Andy. It seems our goalies will have to do this often to have any chance.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Andy ruining the tank again :sarcasm:

It's 2011 again, gents.

I'm worried we'll eek into the playoffs and quickly fizzle. That being said, I love the playoffs, so if we're in them, awesome.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thank you Andy.

Also really liked EK's game. He made some very mature plays tonight, showed more awareness of the score I felt.

I agree. Anderson played excellent. Karlsson was very good. Turris was ok. The rest were , to be kind, not very good.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa

It's 2011 again, gents.

I'm worried we'll eek into the playoffs and quickly fizzle. That being said, I love the playoffs, so if we're in them, awesome.

Yup... get another middle of the pack draft pick and the team doesnt improve since the worst teams get the top end players every year. Stop hogging all the suck Edmonton!!!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
For any of those here that have a tank fetish. Trading Anderson would be like trading up multiple spots in the draft.

11 of the 18 points Ottawa has earned with Anderson in net have been because he has been fantastic. In those games

Despite a low or just okay save percentage in those games that got them the other 7 points, you could probably go back and dissect a few of them to the point where it could be said that Anderson's save percentage was more a result of bad plays in front of him than him just having okay or bad games.

Without Anderson, this team probably would be in the basement right now.

I agree. The team is getting hemmed in their own zone and has great difficulty getting the puck out of the zone and under posession in the neutral and offensive zones. That leads to more shots against. Without Anderson, I think the Senators would be near the basement right now.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I don't care if we win or lose anymore. I just want to see an effort out there.

I'm definitely paying more attention to the Raptors then Sens so far this year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I agree. The team is getting hemmed in their own zone and has great difficulty getting the puck out of the zone and under posession in the neutral and offensive zones. That leads to more shots against. Without Anderson, I think the Senators would be near the basement right now.

Lehner also has a fair share of games this season were he stole the win for us too.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Why are we wasting these prime Anderson years though? For what? Our team isn't ready to be good enough in front of him. By the time our core is ready to compete andy won't be andy anymore. Sell high.
It's like we have this guy playing great. But we can't go anywhere with him.

I don't think goaltenders have high value. So I suspect we might only get a second round pick for him. And if the team did trade him, I think the tank would be full on as Lehner is not as good as Andy at this time and there is no guaranty that he ever will be.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
But why are we trading andy and calling up Hammond?

Hammond the goalie that was pulled after 36 seconds of the FIRST period tonight after letting in 3 goals.:shakehead

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

It's 2011 again, gents.

Based on team performance to date, I think the playoff train has left the station and the Senators were not there to board it! I had hoped the team would make the playoffs and thought that they would cut down on shots against, but that ain't gonna happen this year. I see trades at or before the trade deadline to get rid of older veterans who are getting worse and on their last legs, IF we are lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad