Post-Game Talk: Sens @ DEVILS, FEB 3rd - Andy Hammond Special Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So... who was good tonight?

The Legwand line (Stone-Legs-Michalek) was pretty ok. Ryan & Zibanejad were alright, if you ignore Bobby's massive open net miss at the end of the game.

Ceci was... ok?

Not much else to add to the "positives" side of the ledger tonight, unfortunately.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
tumblr_inline_n7wai7hR0b1syixdu.gif

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I only saw the last ten minutes, the team looked pretty tired by that point.
Very glad Lehner didn't get hurt...
frustrating finish but I'm not surprised that we didn't win two consecutive games....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I only caught the third, and to be honest, neither team looked good. As per usual, a NJD game where we couldn't generate any speed through the neutral zone.

Seems like a game neither team deserved, but I did miss 2 thirds of it, so I may be way off base.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Turris really needs to upgrade his game. He has been pretty bad this year overall. Unfortunately, the season is over, at least until a trade is made. And Lehner...has be awful for two seasons now. He needs to get his **** together in a big way. If the season was just starting and they were playing this way they would be in the playoffs. Too little growth, too late.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
Whole team looked pretty disinterested. I, in turn, felt the same way. Hopefully they come out a lot harder next game although I think the playoff hopes have been dashed at this point.

Enroth keeping the Hab's fan base contemptuous of this Buffalo game.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
A team with too much youth and not enough skilled veterans to shelter them.

The end result is inconsistency.

I think we have a solid veteran presence. I am ok with this season as it seems to me that the future looks bright. We need to get the D shored up although that was not necessarily the problem in tonight's game.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The guys really have to learn to come out prepared and ready to play hard every game. Too many sleepy games the past few seasons.

I don't care what the overall win-loss record is....I want to see the guys work hard and compete to the best of their abilities every night.

We're lacking that eye of the tiger.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think we have a solid veteran presence.
A team with too much youth and not enough skilled veterans to shelter them.

The end result is inconsistency.

If we're talking about accountability here, to be honest, I think Neil's the only guy in that dressing room with the willingness and clout to hold anyone's feet to the fire for inconsistent play.

Phillips is a great voice in the room, but he's a mediator and a teacher, he's not that "red in the face and embarrass you into upping your game" kind of voice. Legwand is too new to really be able to rally the troops, IMO.

... CL, I realize you meant "shelter them" in on-ice terms, but I thought it was a point worth sharing.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What's funny is that if Andy is in net tonight, we probably win the game. Not a dig at Lehner exactly, but even his staunchest defenders have to agree with that.

Jersey wasn't good enough to win tonight, they just got lucky, and shut things down once they got the ONE GOAL lead.

WhiteLight*

What's funny is that if Andy is in net tonight, we probably win the game. Not a dig at Lehner exactly, but even his staunchest defenders have to agree with that.

Jersey wasn't good enough to win tonight, they just got lucky, and shut things down once they got the ONE GOAL lead.

actually somewhat impressive what they did. Surprised they are as bad as they are

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Yeah, but we shouldn't be depending on winning games 2-1 all the time.

Sure Lehner let in a stinker, but the team needs to score more than one goal as well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, but we shouldn't be depending on winning games 2-1 all the time.

Sure Lehner let in a stinker, but the team needs to score more than one goal as well.

No, but these games happen. You need your goalie to keep you in it when they happen. Not Lehners fault we lost, but that 1st devils goal was awful. His positioning was really bad on it.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
No, but these games happen. You need your goalie to keep you in it when they happen. Not Lehners fault we lost, but that 1st devils goal was awful. His positioning was really bad on it.

But the opposite could be that with a young goalie, the team needs to give him some goal support.

1 goal against one of the worst teams in the league is unacceptable.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
But the opposite could be that with a young goalie, the team needs to give him some goal support.

I agree, but its the Devils though. When was the last time the Sens played great against the Devils?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Schneider is sneaky good, and the devils are back to locking and trapping it up all night. **** happens.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

7-2-2 now in the last 11 games, and Schneider made just enough great saves tonight to get the win. Again, this wasn't all on Lehner, but with the small amount of scoring chances tonight I believe Andy would have gotten us the win or at least an OT loss.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I kinda doubt we would've gotten 2 points with Andy in nets. The guys just weren't battling out there.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I kinda doubt we would've gotten 2 points with Andy in nets. The guys just weren't battling out there.

Maybe we would have at least gotten a point out of the game at least.

This is of course assuming that Anderson saves that 1st goal.

If we made it to a shootout, then anything could have happened being that the Devils suck at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad