Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Devils Dec. 18 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lets make it 2 wins in a row. In addition, lets keep the win streak against the devils alive as well.

Knowing the devils, this game will most likely be very boring.

Go Sens Go

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Time to keep the streak going. We played a brilliant game against St. Louis while they were playing at their best.

Time to dominate the Devils.

Love the win last night but let's not pretend the Blues were at full stregnth. They lost 2\3 of their second line on short notice before the game. Schwartz and Sobotka have been great for them this year.

TristanH

Apr 22, 2012
Ottawa
Regardless of who they dressed last night.. they were still a solid team.

The sens still beat a great team last night. They deserve a lot of credit for the W.

Lets hope they can get on a bit of a roll here moving forward... happy to see Lehner getting the net again. His compete level is infectious...

Love the win last night but let's not pretend the Blues were at full stregnth. They lost 2\3 of their second line on short notice before the game. Schwartz and Sobotka have been great for them this year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
if we can play how we did in the blues game, we would win this game after the first period. sadly this team always manages to stoop or rise to the oppositions level, lets hope its not the case this time. I want to see spezza, karlsson and turris pad their stats.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I agree, beating the Blues should give us the confidence to beat teams like New Jersey. New Jersey is a team that we probably battle with to make the playoffs.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Well the Leafs lost to an "AHL" defense last night; a team they should have beat. But they didn't take advantage of the situation.
The Sens did; they still beat a very good Blues team so they should be very happy and build on a solid win.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Sorry yeah I forgot that it was Corvo in.

Still though point stands, no way would I have Corvo in over Methot. Methot is a top 4 damn and should not sit in favor of a #6 dman.

Well what's he going to be like when he comes back? He's played barely any hockey over the past month.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Well what's he going to be like when he comes back? He's played barely any hockey over the past month.

You said this in your Rate the D thread as well. I don't know how you consider missing 3 games as "missing so much hockey this month". Meth is hands down our #2 D man, and EKs normal D partner. I don't get why you suddenly think he is slipping way down the depth chart for having the flu for a week.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
You said this in your Rate the D thread as well. I don't know how you consider missing 3 games as "missing so much hockey this month". Meth is hands down our #2 D man, and EKs normal D partner. I don't get why you suddenly think he is slipping way down the depth chart for having the flu for a week.

I don't think he won't regain the #2 spot. I just don't think he has it right now. Are we really going to put him out there tomorrow and play him 22 minutes? Or if he doesn't play tomorrow the next game? Has he even been at practice? I'm sure his stamina won't be what it was before he got sick.

There's lots of information to consider. It's not reasonable to expect him to jump right back in and play like he hasn't lost 10lbs.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Spezza is so dynamite in face-offs. Often over-looked stat on him I find.

9th in the league FO%. 9th in total FO's taken. 6th in total FO wins. 3rd in the league in total PP FO wins.

78 W 45 L on the PP

35 W 25 L on the PK

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I don't think he won't regain the #2 spot. I just don't think he has it right now. Are we really going to put him out there tomorrow and play him 22 minutes? Or if he doesn't play tomorrow the next game? Has he even been at practice? I'm sure his stamina won't be what it was before he got sick.

There's lots of information to consider. It's not reasonable to expect him to jump right back in and play like he hasn't lost 10lbs.

What are you talking about? Players get injured all the time and come right back in as soon as they are ready. Methot could have played against the Blues after practicing the day before and skating morning of...now he has had a few days of being healthy and getting fluids, etc.

You think he needs to sit out again because he had the flu for a few days? Crazy talk - he will be back in the line-up and they can sit Wier or Corvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad