Post-Game Talk: Sens def. Canucks - 2-1 (Juolevi)

Wholl win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Since February 26th, the Canucks have gone 11-6-1 (.639), and their playoff odds are just as low today, as they were then...Just goes to show how tough it is, to make up ground in this division.

It's about running short on games remaining. Montreal hasn't been racking up points in the past two months.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
4a Can the Canucks develop or acquire a 2nd keeper that can come close to matching Demko's game results the way Thatcher and Jacob did. The way Holtby has played of late vs the other half of the season. Thatcher's history says he will likely have the mishaps along the way every season. Someone has to be capable of replacing him when he's out or partnering with him to possibly lessen the possibilities of injury.

So you are unhappy with the job Holtby is doing this year?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
So you are unhappy with the job Holtby is doing this year?

Did you read what I wrote? I said quote said "the way Holtby has played of late vs the other half of the season."
That #2 will have to be the same as Holtby has been since returning from COVID break all season long. If the team plays the same way as the last couple of seasons where the Keeper becomes the main key to success or failure the #2 can't have a first half like Holtby did. It would be their Achilles heel sending the borderline playoff team to early tee times.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Did you read what I wrote? I said quote said "the way Holtby has played of late vs the other half of the season."
That #2 will have to be the same as Holtby has been since returning from COVID break all season long. If the team plays the same way as the last couple of seasons where the Keeper becomes the main key to success or failure the #2 can't have a first half like Holtby did. It would be their Achilles heel sending the borderline playoff team to early tee times.

So the key to team success is the play of the backup goalie? What if the #1 goalie goes into a slump?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
So the key to team success is the play of the backup goalie? What if the #1 goalie goes into a slump?

Then you use the backup and if they both are slumping and you are the Cancuks, you are ****ed. Because the Canucks don't win without worldly goaltending.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Interesting how you still follow this team. You present the most negative take on every player. I’m wondering whether you’re just trolling. Anyway, that’s all I’ll say. Not taking the bait. Bye

great post. Thanks for the insight. I find it important to know where I stand in the minds if other posters , so this helps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad