Sens coach for 2019-2020 Season

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Who should be the next head coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
In case anyone wanted to read it, the source for this is here.

- Bossy says it's Roy that contact the Sens
- "Melnyk would not give him Carte Blanche. Why even have a GM if you're considering hiring Roy?" (direct quote)
- Bossy thinks Roy would actually earn less in Ottawa than he does in his combined roles in the QMJHL

That is hilarious.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Hiring Patrick Roy would generate a lot of interest and or attention around the league.

Whether that is a good thing, a bad thing, or a combination of both, could only be found by actually hiring him.

He would even probably sell some tickets to games this coming season.

He would command the respect of the younger players, and perhaps that is what is needed for the next couple of seasons.

I doubt he's be offered the Head Coach & VP of Hockey Ops to help oversee Player Personnel decisions and development as he did in Denver, by Dorion, but the owner might want that dynamic.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Hiring Patrick Roy would generate a lot of interest and or attention around the league.

Whether that is a good thing, a bad thing, or a combination of both, could only be found by actually hiring him.

He would even probably sell some tickets to games this coming season.

He would command the respect of the younger players, and perhaps that is what is needed for the next couple of seasons.

I doubt he's be offered the Head Coach & VP of Hockey Ops to help oversee Player Personnel decisions and development as he did in Denver, by Dorion, but the owner might want that dynamic.

I seriously hope they don't even consider this. The only thing this would create is friction. IMO you need to have a clear, definitive pecking order, so no one steps on anyones toes, and good healthy working relationships are cultivated.

The Sens have already kind of messed this up by endorsing PD and then acknowledging he needs a boss. They should have hired top down, but have already bungled that up.

Having said that, I'd welcome Roy, or just about anyone else who has a spine into this organization at this point. This organization needs some people who won't take shit, and aren't afraid to say what needs to be said, and Roy definitely strikes me as that type of guy.

Reactions: Yak

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Obviously the team will not look to compete at all going forward under Melnyk so I am in for the most chaotic situation simply to keep the laughs rolling, if you cant be proud of the team which I haven't been for some time now, you may as well laugh at them in my eyes! Bring on Roy.and anyone else built in the same mould, I suspect his personality type would be a welcomed addition all around lol

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Obviously the team will not look to compete at all going forward under Melnyk so I am in for the most chaotic situation simply to keep the laughs rolling, if you cant be proud of the team which I haven't been for some time now, you may as well laugh at them in my eyes! Bring on Roy.and anyone else built in the same mould, I suspect his personality type would be a welcomed addition all around lol
Agreed. At least give us some drama for excitement. Our large collection of untradable cap anchors stinking it up on the ice every night aren't going to bring anyone to the barn, that's for sure.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
This is a good way of thinking. At least the chaos gives us something to talk about.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
I could see Roy getting the most out of this young team. We need a straight shooter that can instill passion our players, helping to grow a winning culture.

Reactions: otown

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It's like a government contract being awarded.

The most important requirement will be the lowest bid, beyond that, all other factors are secondary.

They don’t take the lowest bids in government contracts, more often then not the lower bids are shifty and out to lunch, they pick who they like and who they think will deliver, it has to be a competitive bid, that’s about it.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I could see Roy getting the most out of this young team. We need a straight shooter that can instill passion our players, helping to grow a winning culture.

Absolutely! One thing Roy knows is what it is like to be part of a winning culture. The dilemma in Ottawa will be to have the patience to foster this while at the same time being handicapped by an inept front office and owner.
In theory, I think he is the man!
Realistically though, once the honeymoon is over I can't see a harmonious relationship with PD or the Euge. Would be entertaining that is for sure.

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
The Roy interview was an afterthought, probably as a favour. He is not getting the job.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
It's mostly because he blackballed himself when he quit the Avs in mid-August (way too late in the offseason for the Avs to have any time to have been able to plan for it) after a failed power-struggle with the GM.

No General Manager with any common sense or awareness of self-preservation would ever hire Roy after the schtick he pulled.

It's not that Roy has the luxury of sitting back and choosing the right fit. It's that almost the entirety of the league wants nothing to do with him, other than us apparently.

So in other words....he's a shoe in then.;)

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Roy would do wonders for our upcoming Goaltenders as well. Andy's time is near done and will be rookie goalies time. That should make things even more fun over next few seasons.

Whoever they pick has to have a solid defense structure for this team to avoid getting lit up every night. The forwards will need to buy into this as well. Offense will come on it's own but good defensive play from the entire team is what we need from top to bottom of the roster.We have some defensive depth but you never know how that is going to work out long term.

I think that is most important part in picking a candidate to be honest. Working with young guys and putting in a defensive system that everyone will buy into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad