Sens coach for 2019-2020 Season

Who should be the next head coach?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
As incompetent as Dorion has appeared, I doubt he’s incompetent enough to extend Boucher. Who would you like to see coach YOUR Ottawa Senators next year? Luke Richardson would be a good hire, history with the club (and local) and maybe the only team that could realistically offer him a full time position? Is Troy Mann ready or should he stay with Belleville for now? Who do you think we might be able to get?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Maybe Pascal Vincent or I like to see Hartley with this young roster next year

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Experienced with a cup or two preferred. Newbs not need apply

helpwanted2.jpg

Reactions: billpo

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Plenty of experienced names come to mind, but then reality sinks in that it will inevitably be the cheapest guy available. :help:

Reactions: Frodo

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Alain Vigneault. Someone with instant credibility because, you know, this organization lacks it

Not to mention ties to the org. I'm not a big fan, but he might be a vet guy that would actually come here.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Alain Vigneault. Someone with instant credibility because, you know, this organization lacks it

Vigneault is still spending the Rangers money - he had just been extended before they fired him. We wouldn't be able to afford him, nor would he come here. I'm not even sure we could get Sheldon Keefe - the Leafs are probably paying him low end NHL coaching money just to keep him with the Marlies and away from jobs like ours.

I've got Trent Mann in my pool, with Richardson as a dark horse. If we hire anyone with previous NHL experience I will eat my hat...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'd keep Boucher for a year or two honestly. He seems to be good at keeping things positive Lord knows that will be required with all the losing this team is going to go through in rhe coming two seasons.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I'd keep Boucher for a year or two honestly. He seems to be good at keeping things positive Lord knows that will be required with all the losing this team is going to go through in rhe coming two seasons.
The Boucher that given more minutes to Smith and Pajarvi then White and Tkatchuk? I would be devastated

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Alen Vigneault

A guy who I respect a ton as a coach, but I don't think will be the right fit around developing rookie players the sens have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->