Claimed off Waivers: Sens claim Magnus Paajarvi

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
He was surprisingly good down the stretch last year, but hasn't even shown a flash of that this season. If you get that Paajarvi, good pick-up; otherwise he's a good AHLer.

Reactions: Fixxer

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Good luck, Magnus! I loved his speed and work ethic. We just don't have room for him. Ottawa fans, you will be happy with him as long as your expectations aren't too high. Good pick up for the 4th line.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Best of luck to Paajarvi. His offensive ability was non-existent but he worked his ass off every night and never complained when he was a scratch. By all reports, he was very well liked in the locker room.
That's why I see it working with Boucher's system. I think he can thrive under a strict defensive approach.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
More than likely a few teams put in a claim. Guys got speed and is solid in his own zone.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
It isn't good for a former 1st rounder

He was drafted what, 9 years ago? Who cares where he was drafted at this point. He is who he is.

I liked him with the blues and was hoping he would succeed. He ended the year very well last year and I thought he was about to turn the corner. That didn't turn out as well as you can hope but I still hope he can have a solid career.

At least he knocked out the wild for us.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Dammit Ottawa, you've robbed me of the joy of mushmouth Drew Remenda stumbling his way around Paajarvi and Puljujarvi on the same team.

When Bennet and Benning were on the ice at the same time yesterday at the Oil/Flames game he made more than a few mistakes.

lol

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Everytime I watch MPS play, I like what I see. Wanted the Leafs to take a shot at him for a few years now, nice to see him find a home.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
At least he knocked out the wild for us.
Sigh...good times. Gonna miss ol' Chef PRV! Curious to see how he looks in Boucher's system, I think it may be a good fit.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It's amazing how many players had career years with the Oilers as rookies and then never reached that level again. RNH, MPS, and Yakupov all had rookie seasons with higher PPG than they've had in any season since. Then there's Eberle who was a sophomore when he had his. Wild.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I always liked PRV . I alway thought someone should move him to D . He started out as a D and someone got him to play as a forward . He just don't have the offence for it but he has a solid defensive game so why not move him back to D

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Still surprised the Oilers waived him so soon after being taken 4th overall. I guess the Blue Jackets made the right choice with Dubois. Exciting none the less to have him as a Senator. Hopefully he does better with Brassard or Duchene than he did with McDavid.

What does this have to do with this thread ? You do know this isn't Puljujarvi who was drafted 4th overall . Paajarvi has nothing to do with Puljujarvi or the CBJ

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
It's amazing how many players had career years with the Oilers as rookies and then never reached that level again. RNH, MPS, and Yakupov all had rookie seasons with higher PPG than they've had in any season since. Then there's Eberle who was a sophomore when he had his. Wild.

Wrong check your fact

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I feel like he’s someone who I would have expected to be playing in Europe by now.

I think with his skating and work ethic, he will have a job in the NHL as long as he wants it. I was surprised he was waived, would have thought he could have fetched a sixth rounder.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
What ever happened to this guy? Oilers were soooo bad at drafting
They were bad at drafting 2nd round and onwards.
For their first rounders they have usually been picking just fine. MPS was supposed to be a steal when he was picked where he was in the first round (I think 10th?? I could be wrong...)

Hall, RNH, Yakupov were all good picks at the time. Even Eberle was a steal as a late first rounder.

Problem is they were never able to develop these players. They either brought them up to early, or put too much pressure on them. They surrounded them in a losing culture. Then there is the whole thing of hiring idiot coaches like Eakins to ruin these kids further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad