Claimed off Waivers: Sens claim Magnus Paajarvi

Feb 24, 2017
I think with his skating and work ethic, he will have a job in the NHL as long as he wants it. I was surprised he was waived, would have thought he could have fetched a sixth rounder.
Oh I know he’s a worthy nhler. I think what I mean is like a guy like that, from Europe, I’d almost expect to wanna go home and have a larger role, with a little more “glory”, and still make pretty good money.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
looks like they are gearing up to trade hoff, cheap replacement.

jk........kind of.
I don't think they trade Hoffman unless they get an offer that totally knocks their socks off. No point in starting a tank next season without a first round pick.

More likely he's a replacement for smith and or whatever other bottom sixers they trade

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Right, check your math

Wrong 52 point rookie season
2 other season at 56 points . Fans on here like to choose what suits them . If you post PPG in a thread when the player was hurt 1/2 the season you will get the argument let them do it over the whole season .

So I guess if McDavid was injured after the 1st game this year we can sell him as a 240 goal scorer ? Points per season is what fans go by , again unless it suits their argument . His argument is to try and make the Oilers look bad . RNH points per game when down after his rookie season is he was put into a shut down role because the Oilers had nothing that resemble a 2 way player outside of RNH

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
It's amazing how many players had career years with the Oilers as rookies and then never reached that level again. RNH, MPS, and Yakupov all had rookie seasons with higher PPG than they've had in any season since. Then there's Eberle who was a sophomore when he had his. Wild.
Wrong check your fact
Right, check your math
Wrong 52 point rookie season
2 other season at 56 points . Fans on here like to choose what suits them . If you post PPG in a thread when the player was hurt 1/2 the season you will get the argument let them do it over the whole season .

So I guess if McDavid was injured after the 1st game this year we can sell him as a 240 goal scorer ? Points per season is what fans go by , again unless it suits their argument . His argument is to try and make the Oilers look bad . RNH points per game when down after his rookie season is he was put into a shut down role because the Oilers had nothing that resemble a 2 way player outside of RNH

He made a point and used PPG. You said he was wrong. He was not. No matter how much you move the goalposts, you were wrong. It has nothing to do with whether PPG or total points is better to use.

Also, knowledgeable fans go by more that one stat.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I always liked PRV . I alway thought someone should move him to D . He started out as a D and someone got him to play as a forward . He just don't have the offence for it but he has a solid defensive game so why not move him back to D

My lasting memory of PRV from his time in Edmonton is just the feeling that it was a shame that a player with his size and speed was in no way assertive enough to take control of his own time and space on the ice.

It feels like sending a guy like that to the blueline to re-learn the position while playing the NHL as a teenager was going to be a very long shot of actually succeeding.

Hindsight and all that. He probably should have spent a lot of time in AHL honing his craft, regardless of what position he was best suited for.

wokwithme

Dec 8, 2017
Oiler fan here saying MPS is a great guy. speed for days. defensively reliable. when the oilers put him down in the A they should have taken ime to teach him centre. the kid was a dman most of his foundation years. late switch predraft to forward.
i hope he can click with OTT
loved by teammates. awesome team guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad