Claimed off Waivers: Sens claim Magnus Paajarvi

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Last season he started using his speed and size to drive to the net more and found some success. This year, he has reverted back to being a perimeter guy. He is a one trick pony with almost no skill.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
:sens Hopefully he gets his '17 form back for you, if not, you just got on of the most lethal drinking games known to man... take a shot every time Magnus attempts a wrap-around!
pleasedrinkresponsibly.jpg

Reactions: STLBLUES44

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Sad to see him go, I liked PRV a lot. Wish him all the best. He is a solid bottom 6er with tremendous speed. He has really improved defensively this year and can PK with the best of them. As long as sens fans keep expectations reasonable and don't expect a ton of offense from him, you'll love him!

Reactions: mab894

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He obviously never developed his compete lack of hockey sense and thus has become a speedy 4th liner.

Nedd NHL bodies with Sens dropping like flies injured or traded.

Mar 6, 2012
Paajarvi just never really put it all together. Great skater, good forechecker, decent on defense, not going to do anything stupid for the most part... but yeah, he's a warm body. Poor offensive instincts, bad shot, doesn't see the ice that well. Comically tries wraparounds all the time. Like, ALL THE TIME. He drives to the net with speed, but gets pushed to the outside and tries a wraparound that fails. That's the signature Paajarvi move.

He's a cheap bottom 6 player with speed, but don't get too excited. Don't get excited at all actually.

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto
Paajarvi just never really put it all together. Great skater, good forechecker, decent on defense, not going to do anything stupid for the most part... but yeah, he's a warm body. Poor offensive instincts, bad shot, doesn't see the ice that well. Comically tries wraparounds all the time. Like, ALL THE TIME. He drives to the net with speed, but gets pushed to the outside and tries a wraparound that fails. That's the signature Paajarvi move.

He's a cheap bottom 6 player with speed, but don't get too excited. Don't get excited at all actually.

Man is he ever going to look like a stud in practice doing these on Anderson

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Hoffman trade incoming. Why pay Hoff 5 mill when PRV can be paid <1 mill! He's speedy! Proven he can score goals! (Just don't look at how many) We like the look of our team! Value engineering at it's finest!

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Dammit Ottawa, you've robbed me of the joy of mushmouth Drew Remenda stumbling his way around Paajarvi and Puljujarvi on the same team.
lol. being an Isles fan, i speak from experience. never heard
Drew, but i bet Butch Goring is worse :D

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Watched him play every game of his for the past 4-5 years and for a guy so fast he is constantly chasing the play.

Bad hands. Bad shot. Zero clue on what to do with the puck when he gets it. Good size but doesn't use it.

On the bright side he's reliable back checker. Fast, skates hard. Not a risk to your lineup but wont help it either.

Good guy. Wish him luck in Ottawa. He should get regular time there.

Last edited:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
As a free pick up it's a smart move.
If you can coach him to embrace the 4th line energy role he could be really useful 4th liner.

Speed to burn, plays as a above average shot suppressor, and usualy makes safe dump and chase plays. Could use his size a bit more driving to the net, but hes still young enough that with a coach and team willing to put in the time it's possible.
I could see the James Bond villain as a good coach here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad