GDT: Sens @ Cats| Thursday January 24 7:30PM| SNET-E

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
:handclap: thanks for the kind words.

Theodore was great tonight. He always seems to bring his 'A - game' against the Sens though.

How long is Gudbranson out for? That D is gonna look real good when he's back imo.

expect him to be back by next week. We got bit by injury bug real bad.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Regin has been ineffective? Seriously?

He is playing on the 4th line, 10mins average a game with practically no PP time. Been out of action for past 2-3 years with 4 different shoulder injuries, and its been only 3 games that he has been started playing again.

You guys want to talk about ineffective? Lets talk about Michalek! He has been virtually invisible, to say the least. 0 goals.

Berserker*

He is playing on the 4th line, 10mins average a game with practically no PP time. Been out of action for past 2-3 years with 4 different shoulder injuries, and its been only 3 games that he has been started playing again.

You guys want to talk about ineffective? Lets talk about Michalek! He has been virtually invisible, to say the least. 0 goals.

He scored against Winnipeg, or were you just talking about this game? It would be nice to get a bit more out of the first line but that should come over the next few games.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Except for the goal he scored, of course.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
You guys pwned us.

Playing Ottawa is more stressful than being locked out. Anderson is 9-0-1 against us.

Karlsson is a unique talent. Seems like he can score at will.

Zack Smith was impressive tonight.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
You guys pwned us.

Playing Ottawa is more stressful than being locked out. Anderson is 9-0-1 against us.

Thanks!

Panthers definitely improved tonight. And Theo is looking great.

I feel like Andy is a little underrated around here. He's been great for the Sens so far (I am omitting the first 6 games last year).

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
My three stars:

1- Mr Anderson
2- Methot Man
3- Z. Smith

Even when they're not at their best, what a great team to watch! Just remember a couple of years ago they couldn't make a break out pass to save their lives. They had nobody who could flash a one-timer. There was no creativity. Now you just don't know where the next goal is going to come from. There's a nice blend of speed, grit, discipline and smarts.

Is it time to start getting worried about Alfie?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Is it just me, or does Phillips look exhausted in the post game interview on the Sens website?

Everyone else looks a little tired obviously because they just finished a game, but Phillips looked like a women that just had a 12 hour session of giving birth. Forget resting Alfie, we might need to rest Phillips for a certain amount of games this season.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
That was way more of a goaltending battle than fans of 28 other teams would likely believe, unless they watch the game. Theodore is playing really well, but damn, Andy was on tonight.

Here's an artistic interpretation of the Panthers learning Anderson is starting:
medium_zps56821003.gif

Is it time to start getting worried about Alfie?

I think he's lost a step, but everybody has to know that's what happens from here on with him.. But I think he's found a way to be effective despite not being as fast as he used to be. Hell, he's playing harder & meaner than I remember from last year.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
You guys pwned us.

Class. <3

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I don't understand why you guys didn't keep Foligno.

Condra is an intriguing player. Seems pretty dangerous with his speed, ability to win puck battles. Does he just lack finish ?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I don't understand why you guys didn't keep Foligno.

Condra is an intriguing player. Seems pretty dangerous with his speed, ability to win puck battles. Does he just lack finish ?

You're kidding right? Do you not see our all-star defender back there playing with our NEW all-star defender!??

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Condra has horrible finish. Case in point - look him up on YouTube haha.

Ellerby has played pretty well for you guys actually. I wouldn't mind acquiring him if you guys are out of the playoff race later in the year.

I think the scary thing about this team is our first line isnt even clicking. I think they will just need more time together.

Also, I think Greening's time is running short. I know the 3rd doesnt play much more than the 4th, but I wouldn't mind Regin moving up and Greening down.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
You're kidding right? Do you not see our all-star defender back there playing with our NEW all-star defender!??

Karlsson got a new contract ?

Or is it Weirkoch ? A fun name to say.

Wikipedia tells me its Methot. I thought he was good, but I have to say his defensive abilities weren't tested against a Panther's team lacking our best players.

General Granny*

Wikipedia tells me its Methot. I thought he was good, but I have to say his defensive abilities weren't tested against a Panther's team lacking our best players.

How about the other game when you got shot out, and did toy watch the Jets game.

Off all the games to question the Methot trade you pick the worst one where he gets 2 assists and is leading the team with +6 and is our 2nd leading scorer only behind Karlsson, not to mention the steady defense and physicality we needed with Cowen out.

Like everyone else said, Foligno who?

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW

that's fair. So far we've played you guys and winnipeg. It's pretty much been preseason.

as for foligno, he had his flaws. Took infuriating penalties and couldnt produce on the powerplay. We needed a defenseman, felt we could get a good one for him, and were able to sign latendresse as a replacement for free.

RafaNadal

Jul 8, 2011
Hey guys. Have not been able to follow your games, but you seem to be red hot right now.

How has Silfverberg been doing? I see he is in the first line with spezza.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
The main reason I am glad that Foligno is gone is the fact that I don't have to see the "try to jump over two defenders with the puck" ever again. Don't know how many times I saw Foligno try that move and it never worked. Other than that I'll miss the guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad