GDT: Sens @ Cats| Thursday January 24 7:30PM| SNET-E

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
And 85% would've backed up and played defense.

Magna Karlta, lol. Rolled 4 lines nicely tonight, everyone with at least 10 mins and no one with 18 mins. In a compressed schedule, hopefully an advantage.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
do you ride Anderson until he loses or does he get the night off tomorrow?

Hard to say they'll probably leave it up to Andy and if they do almost 99% he'll want to start, but they also need to showcase Bishop so they night play him anyways.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I'd say Bishop... given the start we've had, no need to wear out Andy with back to backs just yet... Ben's a pretty good goalie in his own right, anyway

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
We've got something like 5 games in 7 days right? I sure as hell would hope Bishop gets the start.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Good win, great start to this season. Let's show Tampa what we're made of.

He played over 60 games last season, so I don't think 35-40 games would wear him out too much.

But it should be noted that he's not in midseason form (so shouldn't push him too hard right away) and this season's schedule is condensed so more games/week.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Good win, great start to this season. Let's show Tampa what we're made of.

He played over 60 games last season, so I don't think 35-40 games would wear him out too much.

It's not the amount of games as much as the tight-packed small amount within 1-2 days. 5 games in 7 days. That would never happen in full-season.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Tampa, Pittsburgh, and Washington coming. Lets see how our D handles this. Montreal after that too, and they always seem to bring their A game against us.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Tampa, Pittsburgh, and Washington coming. Lets see how our D handles this. Montreal after that too, and they always seem to bring their A game against us.

I'm not too worried we played really well against the penguins last year even with Crosby and washington doesn't have Vokoun although i completely agree seem to have our number

Boston, Montreal, Toronto seems to be the teams that always bring thier A game to us.

Wiercioch2Karlsson

Sep 13, 2010
I'm pretty confident management told Alfredsson to take it real easy due to the shortened season. There were times where he would skate for it when it was dumped in but skated back to the bench. Conserving his energy for when it matters most.

Karlsson was a beauty tonight.

Fun fact: Methot is second in points on the team after Karlsson, 3 and 4 points respectively.

Regin continues to be unbelievable on bottom 6 duty and got much more increased ice-time in the third. Condra went beast mode, S-T-A-M-I-N-A.

I really have to disagree with this. Regin, to me, continues to be ineffective. And I think it's not a matter of tools, although his slight frame doesn't help, but his head. I don't ever see him taking the next step.

I also think tonight highlights how badly we need to go out and keep a bottom pairing defenceman... someone who's likeable/good in the locker room, because this young team seems to get along and be having fun. Wiercioch, as much as I like him 2+ years from now, as a 4-5th, is so incredibly not ready for a full season. Having Benoit here at all is already a stretch. Phillips has stunk; Gonchar not much better. Please, Murray, go out and get another defenceman. We are going to look ridiculous at the back end against a good team, honestly.

Other than that - wow, Silfverberg. This guy has "it". Period.

Methot - is this how he played in Columbus? Is it unrealistic to expect him to keep up this level of play?

Generally, we have to keep in mind that Florida played a god-awful game tonight, and we played, say, average, which was enough to win. Tighten it up!

EDIT:
Dear god, it's been a long time... gotta get rid of David Roundleaf #7!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I really have to disagree with this. Regin, to me, continues to be ineffective. And I think it's not a matter of tools, although his slight frame doesn't help, but his head. I don't ever see him taking the next step.

I also think tonight highlights how badly we need to go out and keep a bottom pairing defenceman... someone who's likeable/good in the locker room, because this young team seems to get along and be having fun. Wiercioch, as much as I like him 2+ years from now, as a 4-5th, is so incredibly not ready for a full season. Having Benoit here at all is already a stretch. Phillips has stunk; Gonchar not much better. Please, Murray, go out and get another defenceman. We are going to look ridiculous at the back end against a good team, honestly.

Other than that - wow, Silfverberg. This guy has "it". Period.

Methot - is this how he played in Columbus? Is it unrealistic to expect him to keep up this level of play?

Generally, we have to keep in mind that Florida played a god-awful game tonight, and we played, say, average, which was enough to win. Tighten it up!

EDIT:
Dear god, it's been a long time... gotta get rid of David Roundleaf #7!

Really? Regin is an incredibly smart player, if anything one of his best attributes is his hockey smarts. He almost scored a great goal off a long-cycling play late in the third that shifted the momentum our way temporarily after Florida showed signs of pressure. He has an incredible active stick and stopped 3-4 rushes using effective stick-timings.

Gonchar has been really good. I do agree we need another but Lundin is coming back soon, that'll be huge help. If we do struggle in the upcoming 5 games in a week, I see Murray making a move but we haven't allowed a single goal even-strength yet. I don't know what else you'd expect, no matter who we were facing. That's solid defensive coverage. For the time being, we are fine. Maybe in the longer run but that gives us chance to play Bishop and raise his value in the mean-time.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
If you are looking at Regin and looking at his points, and see he's not been overly productive, you may think he's been bad.

But watch him, and he's been quite good. Just incredibly snake bitten! But he fights hard, he hits hard, hes been great defensively.

Mephias

Oct 8, 2008
Burnaby, B.C.
I think Regin's been great. His skating/positioning, in all three zones, has been a big factor in why his line is usually in the offensive zone. His transition game is awesome IMO.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If you are looking at Regin and looking at his points, and see he's not been overly productive, you may think he's been bad.

But watch him, and he's been quite good. Just incredibly snake bitten! But he fights hard, he hits hard, hes been great defensively.

With Condra and O'Brien as his teammates, its not not real easy to put up points. He probably buries Greenings chances that he had on the 3rd line tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad