Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Canucks

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
A lot of people like the colour combo's and the general jersey design even outside hockey and sports, that would be my guess, probably got one when/if she performed in Ottawa.

I remember someone saying she's got some property in Barbados, where Melnyk spends most of his time and where Bert's Bar is. Possible connection?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Is it normal to have watched the game 2 times now, and the highlights of Zibby around 15-20 times. I also watch both zibby goals in slow mo.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I remember someone saying she's got some property in Barbados, where Melnyk spends most of his time and where Bert's Bar is. Possible connection?

She's from Barbados and Bert's Bar is pretty much the only sports bar on the island. It's also covered in Sens memorabilia and sells Sens gear so she probably knows more about the Sens than the average pop star just by having a drink there.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Is Vancouver even in Canada?? Obviously it doesn't get cold enough there. Reading comments from these pansies, reminds me of that joke of a series they played against Boston.

I consider New Englanders more Canadian then any resistant of Vancouver.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Two things about that game:

1. Zibanejad reminded me of Ryan Johansen that game. When he's on, he is on. Don't expect him to keep it up, but it sure was fun to watch.

2. Man there were some weak calls that game. I think we got the better end of the bargain, but what on earth was that interference call on Cowen?

One last thing I thought was funny; On the goal where Phillips was plaing a 1 on 1 like a 2 on 1, the colour commentator was talking about how good a job Phillips did of taking away the pass. Made me chuckle.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
If he had a bad hand, why did he go after Neil to try to fight again after the first fight was finished?

I call bs here.

The guy is a whiny ***** and everyone knows it.

I completely agree with his account. Neil shouldn't have tried to get a couple shots when he was down. I am just thankful that talentless hack took himself out of the game long enough for Maclean to have no choice but to keep sitting him, which allowed for Zibanejads line to get more icetime and led to the win.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I completely agree with his account. Neil shouldn't have tried to get a couple shots when he was down. I am just thankful that talentless hack took himself out of the game long enough for Maclean to have no choice but to keep sitting him, which allowed for Zibanejads line to get more icetime and led to the win.

Yeah, I was hoping Neil would hurt his hand and then quietly retire.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Good guy Neiler. Takes himself out of the game for entire period, sens play best second period of the season.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Overall, I think Neil had a good game. But someone already pointed this out. He had something like 4 fumbled passes near the end of the game where caused VAN to be straight back in our zone. That was a perfect example how he is a detriment on the ice for some of the time.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Thank you to the Sens for capping off a miserable weekend for the Canucks.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Yes forgot this part as well, didn't know about sens merch down in barbados though....how does Euge pull that? Im a rich guy that lives on your island buy my hockey teams merch!?!?!

Did not like Neil taking shots after the have refs have tied up, have seen it a few too many times recently.

Lastly did anyone check on Dave Cameron....? Looked like PMac was going to punch him right out of the building with that celly. Maybe he heard Cameron is in if he gets canned and was trying to bring some intimidation.

Need a gif of the PMac fist pump ASAP!

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Canucks sportsnet guy...

Dan Murphy ‏@sportsnetmurph 6m6 minutes ago
BTW watching Erik Karlsson live was a treat. Dude is terrifying out there. Now looking forward to PK tomorrow night. #sens #habs #Canucks

Apparently Karlsson now holds the record for more shots attempted on net in the analytic era?

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Yes forgot this part as well, didn't know about sens merch down in barbados though....how does Euge pull that? Im a rich guy that lives on your island buy my hockey teams merch!?!?!

Did not like Neil taking shots after the have refs have tied up, have seen it a few too many times recently.

Lastly did anyone check on Dave Cameron....? Looked like PMac was going to punch him right out of the building with that celly. Maybe he heard Cameron is in if he gets canned and was trying to bring some intimidation.

Need a gif of the PMac fist pump ASAP!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Is Vancouver even in Canada?? Obviously it doesn't get cold enough there. Reading comments from these pansies, reminds me of that joke of a series they played against Boston.

I consider New Englanders more Canadian then any resistant of Vancouver.

Oh then you REALLY wouldn't like us on the island. The weather is even milder!

Though we do have a healthy little sens fan following, and even had a sens bar until Garrick's Head went mainstream... :(

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Overall, I think Neil had a good game. But someone already pointed this out. He had something like 4 fumbled passes near the end of the game where caused VAN to be straight back in our zone. That was a perfect example how he is a detriment on the ice for some of the time.

Neil is an adventure waiting to happen. His heart is in the right spot, but his abilities are no where close to what we need.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Oh then you REALLY wouldn't like us on the island. The weather is even milder!

Though we do have a healthy little sens fan following, and even had a sens bar until Garrick's Head went mainstream... :(

No ****. I just bought a six-pack to mount Washington and for the second year in a row, there'll be no Christmas or New Years skiing... Grr..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad