GDT: Sens @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Boro woke the crowd up a bit.

Other than than.. holy crap Boro, taking on the oaf. You got kinda mashed, but good for you.

Neil's just a better fighter.. Neil's held his own a few different times with Lucic.

Neil doesn't have a knockout punch so he keeps the fight in close and has a lot of stamina so the longer the fight goes the better he does.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Lehner is swimming tonight. He's back but his feet aren't yet. Coming back you don't have your legs, for goalies too, and his lateral game is just not there.

And on the subject of goalie skating - watched a few Bingo games this week and Hammond's play is improving. I felt his game was too stiff and never thought much of him, but he's improved a lot in the last year. Looked really controlled and sure.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stewart ****ing sucks.

His attitude also ****ing sucks.

Any team that gets Stewart will regret it instantly.

Overrated?

He constantly gets bashed on these boards

Also Smith is supposed to be that guy but he checked out a few seasons ago

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
This is why a Chris Neil type player is important u can see Boston taking runs at guys all game

I really believe a guy like Stewart could be a guy who brings that toughness when needed :nod:

I agree with this in the sense that it doesn't take EK's D partner away for 5 minutes.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Boro better be careful fighting so far out of his weight class. Can't really afford him to end up like Dizzy.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This is why a Chris Neil type player is important u can see Boston taking runs at guys all game

I really believe a guy like Stewart could be a guy who brings that toughness when needed :nod:

Stewart us a giant softie. He's about as tough as Greening.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
Still some just mind boggling lapses in the D zone like Weircioch just had. But the overall effort has been good.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Stewart ****ing sucks.

His attitude also ****ing sucks.

Any team that gets Stewart will regret it instantly.

I agree. We want some jam, but is Stewart the kind of guy who gets involved physically for the team or for himself? You know what I mean? The best tough guys are the selfless ones, not the selfish ones.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Overrated?

He can't even make Buffalo's roster. The only reason teams are interested is he can be easily gotten and if he doesn't work out, you ditch him in the offseason. He has no real value.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Overrated?

He is overrated being that seemingly a lot of people wants to trade for him.

With Ted Nolan calling him a lazy player or whatever he called him and his recent behavior in the locker room, i would stay the hell away from him.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Wiercioch looks horrific. Hello ECHL.

He needs some reps. Give him some time - we know he's better than this. Pretty tough game to draw back into the line-up. In Boston, facing that cycle and forecheck. He'll contribute by surviving in his own end, and maybe contribute with a nice little pass somewhere along the line to create some offense.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Also, why is Cowen the only guy in this league who is not allowed intereference? Chara all afternoon, the same down low contact steps away from the puck. Seems Cowen gets called on that all the time, but no one we ever play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad