GDT: Sens @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBush*

There was some talk about this earlier (following the shorty I think). Lehner is still so young that he's going to remain inconsistent for a while. But you can see his potential and we might have a very good goalie going forward.
I think if he was a starter and got games consistently he'd be even better. He always looks shakey at first because he hast played in a week or two. Must be tough

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Did TSN5 really just jump away to some ESPN canned video with no post game commentary? Rotten coverage of our team.

Well, you know what TSN stands for by now!

Ottawa is a small market and not worth the cost to have a post game show!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Should of pulled Lehner,

Hes not good enough, dont see a future star in him.

Let in two goals (one of which was terrible), got saved by two posts, Karlsson saved him once when he misplayed the puck and Ceci blocked two almost-sure goals when Lehner was out of position. In an unlucky game he would have given up 4+ goals.

I like Lehner, but don't spin this game as some kind of proof for him winning the Vezina anytime soon.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
People might have short memories but I thought we looked great against van when Paul was still here either way Ryan karlsson and zibby are beasting and the goaltending is awesome as usual

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
From here :P

Where are you getting this from?

I've never seen anyone say that Lehner doesn't have the potential to be an absolute stud.

Pull Lehner now, this is going to get ugly. its gonna be one of those games

Lehner really isn't giving me a reason to think he's an elite goaltender in the making

Can't trust the guy to make the easiest of saves

The cynic in me agrees with you. But realistically it's probably too early for us to know what Lehner will or will not be when he matures as a goalie. He shows flashes of brilliance, so I'm still holding out hope he'll turn into something special.

As of right now, he's extremely inconsistent (like most young NHLers).

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I think if he was a starter and got games consistently he'd be even better. He always looks shakey at first because he hast played in a week or two. Must be tough

It's a definite possibility, but young goalies are strange animals (in my observational experience, at least). That said, his recent play probably justifies a larger share of the starts moving forward. I would love for him to really establish himself as a 1 A/B, or as this team's starter. He seems to always be on the cusp of doing so. Maybe this year's the year?

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
nope, just having some fun.

I was pretty dismayed by that first goal (the SH factor made it sting that much more). That said, Lehner recovered quite well despite having a few scary lapses as the game progressed. The kid is up and down, but he came through when it mattered today no question.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Couple of comments from the game, started the game thinking about Eichel after that first goal. Usually afternoon games in Boston we get destroyed. After all, we played a really good game.

After being really meh last game I thought Karlsson had a pretty good game, played it safe made some nice plays and all. Got caught in the offensive zone in OT on the 3on1 but other than that I was pleased with his game. Cut some plays in the D, chased people more IMO instead of gliding and let the guy go first in the corner. Good job, too bad he's -1 again.

Cowen had a good game too, that hit on Bergeron and many other plays he was very good. To be honest he has been good in pretty much every game since being back, nice to see and hopefully he's able to continue like that. The other Ds were good too, especially Ceci, he will be a great player, already is. I am just not a fan of Weircioch though, he is ok on offense but boy is he slow and soft for a big man, that footspeed is bad bad bad. Ryan and Zibanejad is really our first line now, 2 big powerful forwards I really like the duo combined with Hoffman's speed. Turris has to wake up, he's struggling big time, I hope he is able to shake it off and come back stronger.

We played a good game and looking at the standings because I heard we were only 2pts back from the 8th spot. It's true we are still in the mix, if we can build on that win and play hard in Buffalo and NJ we could very well be in the race. I like the way Cameron coached up to date, the only thing we really need to work on is our zone exits IMO, we get caught in our zone like crazy it's not even funny.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
lehner has been in the NHL long enough, it's not hard at all to excuse a bad game (nevermind the one goal) after coming off an injury and getting back up to speed
I dunno if i should be happy or annoyed we won.
happy, we'll win the lottery or at least we can rely on the right pick being made in a great draft

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
TSN1200 when Chara got called for interference Gord was almost defending Chara. He said he'd seen worse. I wish I had a direct line to him right then and there. Yes Gord you saw worse but they were all done by Chara in this game. He's lucky he only got called once he was hitting late and holding on near every play and he wasn't alone. Boston as a rule get away with a lot of late checks but Chara was the worst.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We should be happy that we won.

Progression of young players and not having a losers attitude in the lockerroom is what actually matters the most.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
There was some talk about this earlier (following the shorty I think). Lehner is still so young that he's going to remain inconsistent for a while. But you can see his potential and we might have a very good goalie going forward.

I think that's a fair assessment, Lehner has had stretches where he hasn't been good the past couple of seasons.

That just comes from being a young goalie though, the tools are there, its finding consistency that will make him elite.

BigBush*

TSN1200 when Chara got called for interference Gord was almost defending Chara. He said he'd seen worse. I wish I had a direct line to him right then and there. Yes Gord you saw worse but they were all done by Chara in this game. He's lucky he only got called once he was hitting late and holding on near every play and he wasn't alone. Boston as a rule get away with a lot of late checks but Chara was the worse.
Don't get it. It's been called every time on Ottawa. I don't think it should be a penalty, but it's clear the NHL has warned teams that it will be called

BigBush*

i don't think it's a shake effect (where you play harder) because i feel the team did give it their all in a lot of games but just weren't good enough

Look at how ice time is being distributed. Cameron is playing the best players. Maclean played the players who's style he wanted the team to emulate who were way past their prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad