Post-Game Talk: Sens/Bruins PGT - "Robin Lehner" Edition

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Of all the things fans should complain about, this is it.

The number of possession changes the Sens cause due ti missing the net is incredible.

Yep...relative to the skill of our team we are actually still doing fairly well in causing turnovers, and keeping possession...I find a lot of our changed possession is missing the net completely.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I know I will get some flack for this and I admit up front I am somewhat playing Devil's advocate but I think some posters are a little too giddy about our play.

I also understand that we are missing 2 uber-elite players and some players that have contributed quite a bit to our team at the moment but still...

1. Our shot totals are completely misleading when you look at where most of the Sens shots come from:
- just across the blue line
- against the boards or at the very least the outside

We don't ever really seem dangerous, we just get the puck to the net and hope to jam one in...I haven't see us even get a shot away on an odd man rush in many games

2. Our D is playing above expectations but our goalies have been outstanding - we give up a TON of good scoring opportunities right in the slot. Someone earlier was saying because the Bruins got some bounces it was a testament to the team D yet we gave up 46 shots and quite a few were very good chances.

3. I am not concerned yet but I am beginning to lower my expectations on Silf a fair bit...he is an NHL player to be sure but has not been at all what I expected in terms of how he handles the puck, makes plays or gets his shot off - and he falls down WAY too easy for a man his size. He is very easy to defend right now.

I am proud and think the Paulrus has established he can get the most out of his players so I think the organization is in great shape regardless but we clearly need to make sure we keep looking for top 6 forwards as Turris, while young is showing right now he tops out at a #2 (would be interesting to know how his totals would look now with Karlsson and Spezza still in the fold) and once Alfie is gone I don't think we can say we have another winger that is legit first or second line after Michalek.

We have a long way to go to really compete I believe.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The fact that we're in a playoff spot right now is miraculous.

Compete is a strong word.

We're not getting blown out, even when we lose, so that's competitiveness to a certain extent.

WhiteLight*

Didn't read the threads but did anyone else see Smith's troll faces?

Starts pushing and shoving and he's just smiling away. It was hilarious

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I think the team will take a bit of stumble this weekend. Afternoon games suck, and the Flyers and Isles have the capacity to score in bunches (although Long Island blows at home). A 2 goal lead is insurmountable for this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad