Post-Game Talk: Sens/Bruins PGT - "Robin Lehner" Edition

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
We lost because Neil is on the PP. Put anyone else on it and watch it actually get the job done once and a while.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Solid play by Lehner. Hard to think this game wasn't just to see if he was truly NHL ready and to keep Bishop's stats high for trade bait, but what do I know.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Happy with the one point. The B's had more scoring chances, but we could have won the game too. Nice effort overall. Methot + Gryba = shutdown D.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Gryba and Methot played real strong against the big Bruins forwards. None of our forwards backed off either. Pound for pound we can play the Bruins. I'm not a big fan of Daugavins but he's making it tough not to like him.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Regin has to work on his faceoffs, he was 0 for 10 tonight.

weak shoulder. srs. I doubt he can get the leverage he needs to win face-offs. Especially against the best face-off team in the league.

Solid play by Lehner. Hard to think this game wasn't just to see if he was truly NHL ready and to keep Bishop's stats high for trade bait, but what do I know.

I don't think so at all. It was because EXACTLY one year ago from today he posted a shutout against the Bruin's. PM loves stuff like that. It's why he had Daugavins go in the shootout against Montreal. He also hasn't played in a while so he needs to be kept sharp.

Gryba and Methot played real strong against the big Bruins forwards. None of our forwards backed off either. Pound for pound we can play the Bruins. I'm not a big fan of Daugavins but he's making it tough not to like him.

Agreed. Gryba and Methot were two strong points tonight. I loved how they weren't getting pushed around. It was great seeing Lucic get frustrated and then take a dumb penalty. If our defense aren't as big and strong then he doesn't get frustrated and we don't get the PP in OT. Too bad we had Neil on the ice and decided to stand still for a minute and half.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Benoit and Wiercioch did more in the last 30 seconds of that last PP than Gonchar and co during the first minute and half. I can appreciate Gonchar's work in the defensive zone, but he seriously needs to be taken out of the PP.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I was really impressed by Gryba. I think he's in the lineup to stay, which isn't something I thought I would ever say.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but Lehner makes 44 out of 46 saves and didn't get a star? What's up with that?

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

Maybe it means Anderson will be ready to come back soon and they wanted to give Lehner a start before sending him back down.

Yost

Apr 27, 2009
Benoit and Wiercioch did more in the last 30 seconds of that last PP than Gonchar and co during the first minute and half. I can appreciate Gonchar's work in the defensive zone, but he seriously needs to be taken out of the PP.

He needs to stop dumping the puck deep in the neutral zone on every rush. It's infuriating.

He brings the puck up with no speed, and is forced to throw it away. That's the single-most anti-Paul MacLean thing you can possibly do.

What's great is when he's not bringing it up, Chris Phillips gets touches. Which is like choosing between execution methodologies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I thought tonight was an amazing game for the Sens, we had more stronger scoring chances when the game was on the line late.

Zibanejad and Silfverberg will both be beauts. Silfverberg is REALLY learning how to use his talents in the NA game and how to position himself. He almost broke in alone twice but was dragged away. Such a smart hockey player. Zibanejad will be amazing, he can do it all.

We lost because Turris can't score 3 feet away on half and empty net. I feel bad for the guy, he literally had a good 2 seconds to pull of a move too if he wanted. Go to his back-hand or whatever. Rask had no idea Turris even had it when Zibanejad whipped it to him.

Having Karlsson in this game would have really helped the possession game but I absolutely loved Gryba yet again. Our best defender with Methot. Brilliant game by him.

Lehner was dynamite. A bit hesitant early on but BOTH Boston goals shouldn't have went in as Alfredsson said. That speaks volumes of our defensive system WITHOUT our top 3 all-around players. 44 saves in his first start in the NHL since last year, what else do you expect.

What worries me the most is the use of Alfredsson, I want him to come back next year and I KNOW he can and will but with 19+ minutes every game, I worry an external force will happen that.... You guys what what I mean.

I'm actually disappointed we didn't win because unlike the Montreal game, we played the Bruins hard and had the advantage of play over them in the second half of the game, imo. Speaks volumes of this team's drive and compete level.

I can't believe what I'm seeing from this team. Love em all.

P.S. David Dziuzynski looks and talks like a caveman. There was this part where the camera zoomed unto him and Smith talking on the bench and he told Smith "Whut" like 3 times, LOOOOOOOOOL.

TheOriginalSilf*

We lost because Neil is on the PP. Put anyone else on it and watch it actually get the job done once and a while.

Everybody click this dude's username, and then "find more posts from this user". Good stuff.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Remember when the sens had everything except for goaltending?

Now Sens have goaltending and pretty much everything else except one thing. Sens have close to O skill in their forward group in a moment. Its a sad, cause with little scoring help we can win any team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad