Post-Game Talk: Sens/Bruins PGT - "Robin Lehner" Edition

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
The play behind the net where Zibanejad rocked Hamilton to steal the puck and feed Turris was a good reason why the Sens grabbed the kid at #6 over the other 2 guys people reminisce as mistakes to pass on, including Dougie himself. Poor Turris though, damn he's got no luck right now.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lucic had me in tears laughing in the last 5 mins of regulation. What a baboon.

No kidding. Seems like the only thing the Bruins ever have going for them is size and a good goalie. They always look so darned skilless out there.

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.
So many turnovers.
Regin keeps thinking he can skate through defenders like this is the world juniors. Hes got great talent, but he keeps getting forced off the puck.
And whats with this dump and chase? Its more like dump and loose it.

I dont see how at the NHL level theses guys can miss the net so much.

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Does anyone else find it kind of funny that the team loses the majority of their high skilled players and then the Sens current ad campaign states "buy your seats now, but you will only use THE EDGE!"? The most exciting thing right now is the goaltending haha.

The funny thing is, I hate when fans in the 300's sit forward on the edge of their seats. The people behind them can't see..

I'm like, No, don't use THE EDGE! Sit back please, we can't see the net.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Most missed shots in the league according to Dean Brown.

I thought that last night, too. If we put half of our missed shots on net I bet we end up with a much higher GPG. It's not even like half of them are forced misses, either. They're just terrible shots.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Most missed shots in the league according to Dean Brown.

It is true, but interestingly enough, the Sens are also first for total shots on net and 3rd for shots per game (behind teams that have played a few less games... Carolina and Boston).

They are getting shots on target, but with the lack of skill in the line-up, they need to hit the net more, especially on good chances. The worst are the shots that mise wide and rim around the boards and out.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
yup Ottawa #1 with 268 missed shots.

Would always rather see a save then a missed shot personally, i remember one un contested shot last night that literally almost went sideways and missed the net by at least 10 feet think it was Zib or JOB can't remember which one but all u can do is laugh at that kinda stuff, hopefully the accuracy improves!

TopCheese65

Mar 1, 2013
The difference Maclean is making for the sens is amazing. It seems like we could have any random players on the ice and yet still have a decent shot at winning every night. We really need work on the powerplay though. I realize the Bruins are one of the best teams on the kill but it looked as though we did better 5-5. Lehner put on a great show and I can't wait until he's ready for full time number one goalie duties.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm all about giving Boston credit for their PK, but to be fair, we've looked like that on the PP since Karlsson went down, and it hasn't been a really great PP since Spezza went down.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
and missed the net by at least 10 feet think it was Zib or JOB
Why are you questioning our current leading and playing goal scorer? For sure JOB missed on purpose, you can't physically miss the net that bad shooting from near the slot.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I 'aint even mad.

I had an expletive filled tirade, making gestures to my TV screen, after that **** goal counted. Today, I 'aint even mad. The team is playing to its capacity and that's really what you can ask for. Elite teams should more or less have the upper hand if they show up to match the work ethic and intensity shown by this roster.

Lehner was great.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I had an expletive filled tirade, making gestures to my TV screen, after that **** goal counted. Today, I 'aint even mad. The team is playing to its capacity and that's really what you can ask for. Elite teams should more or less have the upper hand if they show up to match the work ethic and intensity shown by this roster.

We've won games that we probably didn't really deserve.

We almost won this one.

Despite some unlucky bounces in this one, the goaltending has been superb and allows us to remain competitive.

Ottawa plays with a lot of confidence for a team that knows it has to win 2-1 or 1-0 or 3-2 (in a shootout).

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I agree the amount of missed shots we take seems staggering at times. I'd actually be surprised if the coaching staff isnt doing extra drills in practice right now that emphasize shooting accuracy, its at an all time low. I can only imagine how frustrating it is on the bench.

But on the topic of close games, it sure is a cool feeling to be so confident in them now. What a change in culture good goaltending can bring. These are how playoff games are won, and this group is learning how to grind it out with the best of them.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Murray needs to trade for an elite #1 C, an elite PMD, a big physical dman, and a top 6 winger. This loss is inexcusable : P

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
So many turnovers.
Regin keeps thinking he can skate through defenders like this is the world juniors. Hes got great talent, but he keeps getting forced off the puck.
And whats with this dump and chase? Its more like dump and loose it.

I dont see how at the NHL level theses guys can miss the net so much.

Of all the things fans should complain about, this is it.

The number of possession changes the Sens cause due ti missing the net is incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad