Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Monday 1 pm

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
ya I saw that play...i'd say he was a little closer to the red line and my first reaction to it was that close to the line is rarely called icing

I think he banked the puck off the boards and least three or four feet before the red line ........ an easy call to make ........ it was unnecessary.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The problem with Condon is we signed him for 3 years and he makes 3M next year. If he was only signed for this year and was making 1.5-2M I wouldn't care.
One of Dorion's worst.

For any team that would be a bad signing but for a strict budget team with only about 60 mil to spend that move was comical. 3 years at 2.4 for a below average backup is terrible.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Boston,s first line always looks good at home ,on the road when they cant get the favorable matchups..They arent nearly as dangerous,Boston is better than us but they arent winning a cup with one line

Bergeron last year:

Home, 32GP: 17-17-34 +7
Away, 32GP: 13-16-29 +14

Pastrnak last year:

Home, 41 GP: 16-26-42 -4
Away, 41 GP: 19-19-38 +14

Marchand last year:

Home, 35 GP: 19-26-45 +13
Away, 32 GP: 15-25-40 +12

Total home PPG: 1.120
Total road PPG: 1.114

And +16 at home compared to +40 on the road.

Such a dropoff. Just horrible! :laugh:

The year before that, Marchand scored 51 points on the road to 34 at home. Year before that; 36 road, 25 home. Completely neutered when he's away from TD Garden.

Hope you guys do well, definitely my second favourite team in the east if I had to pick one. You deserve better than what you get from ownership.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't watch NCAA basketball so your comment has no meaning to me.

Since my point clearly went over your head: hockey isn't very predictable and has been shown to be the most unpredictable major sport in multiple papers.
The CHL is very predictable, comparatively. The strong teams are identified early, and almost always end up being the teams that go on to championships, and the weak teams almost always go on to league worst finishes.

This isn't teams with varying ages. The weak teams are rebuilding with 16-17 year olds and trading legit stars away to build for 2/3 years in the future, the strong teams are built to win now with 19-20 year olds, and trade away 16 year olds and draft picks to the weak teams going all in.

Bathurst was predictably very good last year, and will be predictably bad this year. It's just how the CHL works.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
They are exceeding expectations that's all you can ask. They are so young too that's the icing on the cake. Tierney I feel is a second line center a real good one. He can easily put 50 points this year.
They're not exceeding any expectations. They're performing like average NHLers as expected. Demelo is maybe slightly exceeding expectations but he's just been fine. Nothing to write home about. His upside is very limited with his skating.

Tierney has shown very little in terms of offensive skill despite getting fed a lot of minutes by Boucher.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
A needless icing, from halfway between the blue line and the red line, when he had more than enough time to make the red line, on his very first shift, lead to a defensive zone face off, and the Bruins first goal

That's Ceci for ya.

Trade him please.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If White was smarter there he would have put it to demelo's strong side and that would have been an easy goal.....

Im willing to be patient with White, his absolutely flupped pass to Demelo on empty net was horrible and since then he's been bobbling everything but at least I see effort and speed, so im willing to be patient. Really tough and bad game for White so far though.

Demelo missed it.. all he had to do was touch it and it was in. Maybe it was a touch fast.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Demelo missed it.. all he had to do was touch it and it was in. Maybe it was a touch fast.

lmao wth u talking about. Demelo was on the post and has a forehand shot and white literally throws it cross body in the most difficult position to get the puck 1-2 feet away. How anyone can blame Demelo there is beyond me. White tossed it hard to the opposite direction of where he should have.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
lmao wth u talking about. Demelo was on the post and has a forehand shot and white literally throws it cross body in the most difficult position to get the puck 1-2 feet away. How anyone can blame Demelo there is beyond me. White tossed it hard to the opposite direction of where he should have.
He put it right by his stick. What are you talking about.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
They're not exceeding any expectations. They're performing like average NHLers as expected. Demelo is maybe slightly exceeding expectations but he's just been fine. Nothing to write home about. His upside is very limited with his skating.

Tierney has shown very little in terms of offensive skill despite getting fed a lot of minutes by Boucher.
And san Jose and Karlsson are exploding at the moment. I know it's early but sens winning the deal at the moment. Wait till all prospects and draft picks kick in..

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Just came by to tell you guys that I told you dorion didn't do bad on that trade. Demelo Tierney looking wonderful and can't want for norris to join Brady soon. Very happy that the trade is really working out. Karlsson has done nothing so far in San Jose he doesn't wanna be there I bet. Dorion will be vindicated .

Karlsson has had two excellent games and one bad game. Don't let 1 point in 3 games fool you. The Sharks lost the first game but were better than the Ducks and just got bad goaltending. They were dominating at ES vs the Kings.

Reactions: Deku

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
One of Dorion's worst.

For any team that would be a bad signing but for a strict budget team with only about 60 mil to spend that move was comical. 3 years at 2.4 for a below average backup is terrible.

it's a shitty contract and I hate condon....but when that deal was signed we were spending almost 70

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad