Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Dec. 13. Please Don't Put Phillips On The First Pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Boro playing with Karlsson is far from ideal. If we're actually gonna take a run at the playoffs, we really need to pick up a legit top 4 guy to play with 65. This is getting ridiculous. We can't wait for Methot or depend on him at all with his health.

If we're gonna tank though, by all means, this will be a good strategy. Boro might come out of it a much more capable player down the line.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Turris on the point on the PP is idiotic..

I know Lehner should had at that goal anyways, but why do you have a guy on the point with oneof the worst shot in the league? I mean you and i could get more zing on our slap shot over Turris.

What? Turris' shot is fine.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Once again I don't thnk we played that bad at all. We just don't have a ton of talent.

Agreed, when we play Colin Greening on our 2nd, could even say 1st line, there's something wrong. Guy is barely NHL caliber.

I hope Melnyk enjoys the show in Barbados or wherever the **** he is

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It was a bad bounce on Turris he came back and cut off the angle pretty well just a bad goal by Lehner. Whatever were in full youth mode now anyway expect lots of mistakes.

EXACTLY

The vets do the same mistakes but should not

at least the kids are learning

not a bad period for a group so young, at boston, afternoon game:bb:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If you don't put Phillips with Karlsson, who do you play with him?
Seems to be about the only guy that actually seems to keep him relatively settled.
I really wish that the rumour about Alzner being available had turned out to be true - I think he's the type that could play with Karlsson.

Because looking back, we've seen him at his best when having who as partners?

I have had enough of watching old veterans well beyond their prime. I would rather see younger players gain experience than watch old guys play slowly and poorly.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed, when we play Colin Greening on our 2nd, could even say 1st line, there's something wrong. Guy is barely NHL caliber.

I hope Melnyk enjoys the show in Barbados or wherever the **** he is

Today it appears Greening is playing on the 4th line with Smith at C and Legwand on RW. That's about where he fits in now. I am now in favour of shipping all 3 out and bringing in the youngsters from Bingo or trades.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Does every commercial have to have some soft hipster acoustic guitar and high pitched raspy vocals now?

Good lord i hate that kind of music.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Haha oh boy is Weircioch and Gryba a scary pairing. Good on Gryba to knock the guy onto the ice though.

Keep them together and see if they can figure out how to work together to make the other better. That's perhaps the best option for our bottom pairing. And PW can contribute on the second PP unit, and Gryba can kill penalties from RD. It's ideal, assuming they can pick up their game and be legit NHLers consistently. But we won't know unless we let them go a bit. Worth a shot - I'd go with it for the season tbh... they both get time to learn, and we get a great pick in the draft. Win-win... b/c we lose. :yo:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It was a bad bounce on Turris he came back and cut off the angle pretty well just a bad goal by Lehner. Whatever were in full youth mode now anyway expect lots of mistakes.

EXACTLY

The vets do the same mistakes but should not

at least the kids are learning

not a bad period for a group so young, at boston, afternoon game:bb:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Mika has been playing great lately.

Nice goal!

If he can just do this for longer stretches than he vanishes for, he'll be a heck of a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad