Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Dec. 13. Please Don't Put Phillips On The First Pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If you don't put Phillips with Karlsson, who do you play with him?
Seems to be about the only guy that actually seems to keep him relatively settled.
I really wish that the rumour about Alzner being available had turned out to be true - I think he's the type that could play with Karlsson.

Because looking back, we've seen him at his best when having who as partners?

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I'm looking forward to this game. Thought we looked amazing against the Kings. Went toe to toe in shots and goals, end of the day they got one extra goal (excluding the EN) but I was so excited watching our potential when the players are used properly. If it wasn't the defending champs we win 90% of the time with that kind of performance.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Cameron not sounding optimistic about Methot playing apparently

:facepalm:

At this point i just assume he is done for the year, also dont know how we could even begin to negotiate with the guy all known things considered. Trade his rights or whatever remaining games he has in him this year...we cant afford another permanent back injury on the roster imo

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
At this point i just assume he is done for the year, also dont know how we could even begin to negotiate with the guy all known things considered. Trade his rights or whatever remaining games he has in him this year...we cant afford another permanent back injury on the roster imo

This is the worst thing that could happen to us with Methot. We can't sign him without knowing if this is a permanent injury, we can't trade him.

Methot would've landed us great asset(s) especially this year with the lack of top 4 defensemen available.

Murray must be going crazy.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The Bruins. In an afternoon game.
What could go wrong?

im debating putting a large sum of cash on boston for the game, they are just so good at afternoon games while the sens are so bad at them, and they have the sens number more then they do for any other team.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
im debating putting a large sum of cash on boston for the game, they are just so good at afternoon games while the sens are so bad at them, and they have the sens number more then they do for any other team.

Do it.

It worked out pretty well for the rest of us when you bet on the Blues.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is the worst thing that could happen to us with Methot. We can't sign him without knowing if this is a permanent injury, we can't trade him.

Methot would've landed us great asset(s) especially this year with the lack of top 4 defensemen available.

Murray must be going crazy.

No kidding. The whole thing with him gives me strange vibes. Quality defensemen are in such a shortage lately that he'll get a great contract whether he plays this year or not. Kinda skews things quite a bit what what the best path is for him.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Kuba-Karlsson
Phillips-Gonchar
Cowen-Carkner

If you had told me in 2011 that our D corp would worse in 3 years I wouldn't have believed you.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

$20 is a lot of money to some people eh?

Everyone knows betting on hockey is for suckers.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Methot still not playing makes me think a trade has to be brewing. It just doesn't make sense, he looked good and it's been forever he's been out. Then again, who'll acquire a guy in that situation?

Karlsson was at his best with Kuba and Methot and hasn't been all that great with anybody else

Apparently that also is the case for any good defender out there too.

JBucephalus

Jan 8, 2013
[NHL]2012020624-620-a[/NHL]

I can only hope this game will conjure up beautiful memories of when we forced our way into facing the Habs in the first round 2 years ago....while simultaneously sending the Leafs to Boston, where they were eventually dispatched in a most heart-wrenching manner. Good times.

Anyways, I would like to see them continue to clean up play in their own end. They're going to have to focus on the small things. They played well enough to win against the Kings and I would enjoy seeing that effort persist throughout this game as well. Go Snesators Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad