Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bolts Dec. 5 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
So now we are upset that Lehner is starting? Holy crap.

Forget about 'what have you done for me lately?'. It's now 'what did you do for me last game?'.

Lehner hasn't exactly been stellar lately. Goalies have good and bad stretches.

When your supposed #1 plays a good game and there's an opportunity to get him rolling, you start him.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
So now we are upset that Lehner is starting? Holy crap.

Forget about 'what have you done for me lately?'. It's now 'what did you do for me last game?'.

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm not upset, just confused.
If Andy is healthy it seems logical that he would start after Tuesday's solid performance.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Maybe the plan all along was to give the backup goalie the easier game.

or

Maybe Anderson is banged up enough to warrant a game on the bench.

I dunno, this decision isn't nearly as questionable as starting Anderson back to back against Vancouver.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Lehner will be more motivated for the win than Anderson. Mac is giving him the chance to battle Bishop tonight.

Easy decision for me.

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto
Lehner will be more motivated for the win than Anderson. Mac is giving him the chance to battle Bishop tonight.

Easy decision for me.

Talk about making something out of nothing.. I highly doubt Lehner is fueled to outplay Bishop compared to just getting a win.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hope Lehner rebounds. Need to see more of that early season dominance than his recent play. Thought they'd go to Anderson after his stellar last outing, but as with most of our games it's not going to be about the goaltending IMO. They have to play well in front of him.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
andy is hurtin after being run last game so lehner gets the start no need to speculate that is why. that being said im more certain we win with lehner in net

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
andy is hurtin after being run last game so lehner gets the start no need to speculate that is why. that being said im more certain we win with lehner in net

This would make the most sense. Andy is probably a bit stiff

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Lehner v. Bishop. You want a win, you start The Lehner. This is a Robin Lehner type game.

Then you don't know Lehner. This guy is the definition of competition.

please god dont let anyone get it in there head that this is why Lehner is starting.... if Anderson was not stiff from being run last game I assure you mac would have given him the start tonight.also im sure hed of rathered to have an excuse to use Lehner against the Leafs. but as it stands unless Lehner stands on his head in this one theyll go back to Andy to go against Toronto.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Then you don't know Lehner. This guy is the definition of competition.

I'd bet on the fact that Lehner will be asked about facing Bishop tonight in the pre-game or post-game, and will mention the extra motivation.

Bank on it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lehner v. Bishop. You want a win, you start The Lehner. This is a Robin Lehner type game.

Little bit ridiculous. Pretty sure if they want to win they should play well and whether Anderson or Lehner are in nets they are going to be relying on the players in front of them. Anderson would be just as viable a choice to win.

I'd bet on the fact that Lehner will be asked about facing Bishop tonight in the pre-game or post-game, and will mention the extra motivation.

Bank on it.

Bishop would probably say the same, or any goaltender in that position.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax

Bank on it.

Little bit ridiculous. Pretty sure if they want to win they should play well and whether Anderson or Lehner are in nets they are going to be relying on the players in front of them. Anderson would be just as viable a choice to win.

Bishop would probably say the same, or any goaltender in that position.

I bet there both asked....and both under perform....with Lehner being slightly better.

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
please god dont let anyone get it in there head that this is why Lehner is starting.... if Anderson was not stiff from being run last game I assure you mac would have given him the start tonight.also im sure hed of rathered to have an excuse to use Lehner against the Leafs. but as it stands unless Lehner stands on his head in this one theyll go back to Andy to go against Toronto.

You assure me? And I'm suppose to take you're opinion and roll with it? Where have you read Andy is stiff after last game? He took one run midway through and finished the game no problem (with a win ta-boot). Bishop was brought into the organization to push Robin Lehner - plain and simple. He spent the past 11/2 seasons doing just that, why would you not play Robin in this situation? The team needs (NEEDS)a win, why would you not start Lehner?

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I'll be sure to stream tonight's game. If anyone has any trouble or prefers to pipe it directly to their PC I highly recommend dnalloheoj.com/vlc-viewer-beta/ I've found this is also a great alternative for me when Sens are playing one of the 4 teams, considered "NY Area" and are at least 4 hours away..., causing a blackout.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
lehner is probably starting tonight just to give andy the game vs the leafs...not sure if i agree with that, but i guess that game against a potential playoff team and full on rival would be the proper measuring stick to see if andy is starting to get out of his slump

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
lehner is probably starting tonight just to give andy the game vs the leafs...not sure if i agree with that, but i guess that game against a potential playoff team and full on rival would be the proper measuring stick to see if andy is starting to get out of his slump

This makes the most sense. Andy got the softball start against Florida and performed well. Now Lehner gets his chance against a better TB team. Andy starts against Toronto and if he can perform well under the pressure of a meaningful game on a Saturday night in a hostile building (let's be real, it's going to be 50+% Leaf troglodytes), then Mac will know that Andy is turning the corner.

If he farts up a stinker, then you're going to see more of Lehner.

It's too bad, I was really hoping to see Lehner live against the Leafs. For some reason, I feel like he'd really, really like to win that one.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
You assure me? And I'm suppose to take you're opinion and roll with it? Where have you read Andy is stiff after last game? He took one run midway through and finished the game no problem (with a win ta-boot). Bishop was brought into the organization to push Robin Lehner - plain and simple. He spent the past 11/2 seasons doing just that, why would you not play Robin in this situation? The team needs (NEEDS)a win, why would you not start Lehner?

yes i suppose ill look at it your way for a second.......hmmm yes Lehner gives us a good chance to win.....and of course he wants to out duel the guy he beat out for a job to prove his worth..... so yes i can see the viability of your basic statement in theory. but to counter i state this. a) Andy won last game and despite the arguement u might make that he got lucky he looked pretty dam good in doing so and thus if hes our number one you would think that would earn him the next start. b) he did look noticeabley rattled for a moment after the hit. c)wether were keeping andy trading him or demoting him it makes sence to let him play if hes playing well. d) do you not think that by playing Lehner against Bishop with our suspect defense that we may actually end up putting him in a position to get rattled?e) also given the fact it was a hit to his head do you not think its possible that after later evaluation they found he should sit for safety reasons? Also if they can mask the fact that there goalie is hurt most teams will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad