Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Bolts 11/10 | Goonies never say die

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Lazar hasn't showed anything that makes me believe he helps this hockey team more than Pageau (at center) or Condra (at RW) would. The fact that he's being scratched for Condra probably means the organization agrees as well based on what he has shown thus far.

2 games in and he's already getting scratched. I have a hard time believing this is the proper way to develop a young player. Playing 10 minutes a game in a defensive role in one game and getting scratched the next? Hardly bodes well for his development as an offensive player.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, for one... his mobility is limited when compared to Cowen. He is just not as quick as any of the other defenders who play for this team. Except maybe Gryba.

Really? He skates just fine for me, he actually knows where to go which is a way bigger part of the battle. I dont see how someone can say Cowen is a good fit and Boro isnt, atleast he looks players off and moves the puck.

Draft pedigree isnt everything watch the player he was in the perfect position with EK last game when he played with him.

He has played a hell of alot more hockey than Cowen and it shows.

WhiteLight*

Lazar hasn't showed anything that makes me believe he helps this hockey team more than Pageau (at center) or Condra (at RW) would. The fact that he's being scratched for Condra probably means the organization agrees as well based on what he has shown thus far.

2 games in and he's already getting scratched. I have a hard time believing this is the proper way to develop a young player. Playing 10 minutes a game in a defensive role in one game and getting scratched the next? Hardly bodes well for his development as an offensive player.

He's getting 15 min a game...

The only reason if Lazar is sent down is because of the numbers game and having too many bodies

I wouldn't worry about his offence developing unless he was playing 5 min a game, or if he was consistently playing with Chris Neil

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I agree for the most part he was caught down way too low on the Hedman goal so they probably want him to watch from the press box tonight to see the other players defensive positioning.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Man, you've been here long enough you shouldn't be this misguided.

We have real NHL bodies rotting in the press box, they have to play. Especially if we want to move them.

Number of games played is arbitrary to an extent. They play 70 in junior. Equal to being scratched 12 times in the NHL. He's fine.

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Agreed that him getting sat tonight is not much to read into considering the circumstances. Him playing solid minutes and holding his own against quality competition in his first two games is far more exciting and I'd think management and the coaching staff would see it the same way. See what happens next.

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
If that can bring out the best in Condra then it's all for the best. Obviously, I'm quite excited for Lazar to hold a permanent place in the lineup after seeing what he can bring at such a young age. Takes time and there's no guarantee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad