Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #6

Who is the Sens #6 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson 96.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #1)
2- Shane Pinto 89.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #2)
3- Ridly Greig 87.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #3)
4- Mads Søgaard 51.2%
(Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4 - Tie Breaker)
5- Lassi Thomson 59.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #5)
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
JBD been cooking and developing. We might have a solid top4 RD in the system this season if he can establish himself

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
JBD been cooking and developing. We might have a solid top4 RD in the system this season if he can establish himself

I saw a Flames fan say "Jacob Bernard-Docker is very close to being a bust" yesterday

I am always curious as to where people are getting their info to make these kind of statements

• Haha
Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I saw a Flames fan say "Jacob Bernard-Docker is very close to being a bust" yesterday

I am always curious as to where people are getting their info to make these kind of statements
It's one thing if JBD had a career trajectory like Griffin Reinhart, but he hasn't even played enough to warrant a decent evaluation. Right now he's a prospect who's been cooking and just needs to play so we can see what we have

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The #6-10 is the most interesting part of our pool in terms of debate. Time to make these arguments!

It's one thing if JBD had a career trajectory like Griffin Reinhart, but he hasn't even played enough to warrant a decent evaluation. Right now he's a prospect who's been cooking and just needs to play so we can see what we have

People are quickly forgetting covid too, and how much hockey these prospects have missed overall. JBD has 1 pro season under his belt., he just turned 22 years old, he's not even close to be a bust

Sens have actually been smart to not throw him to the wolves, let him develop. Not every prospect is going to boom in their first pro year, particularly D-men.

Same story for Brannstrom even though he already had pro experience. He was only 21 and 22 y/o the last 2 seasons. Playing in the NHL is not that easy, particularly for an undersized D-man. He needs time too. He will be a quality NHLer at some point (but not the star some people wrongfully expected)

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
From this list I'm most excited\intrigued by Lodin. Not sure I'll pick him 6th though. Ostapchuck and Sock have a nice package of tools as well.

Reactions: OD99

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The fact Lassi went before Ostapchuk is crazy. I guess some people are prioritizing closer to the NHL over upside.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

He isn't flashy so he will be underrated and undervalued until he makes the NHL and is a reliable defender.

The fact he seemed to be such a steady defender who got better as the season went on in the A is a very good sign. I still think of that crazy streak where he wasn't on the ice for an even strength goal.

Cerebral player that skates well enough and has good body position/stick = dependable. If he can bulk up a bit would be even better.

Reactions: Cosmix and Xspyrit

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
People forget that JBD had 3 great years in college. He didn't put up that many points in the AHL last year but he was very reliable defensively.

Reactions: OD99

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I voted JBD, but considered Ostapchuk next, after thinking hard on it for about 0 seconds.

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Zero chance Bernard-Docker has more value to this team than Ostapchuk. He might be closer along in terms of development, but the potential right now for Ostapchuk leaves JBD in the dust.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Zero chance Bernard-Docker has more value to this team than Ostapchuk. He might be closer along in terms of development, but the potential right now for Ostapchuk leaves JBD in the dust.
How far off is JBD from Marino at the same age? I think his potential is still pretty good, he just played his first year pro and was put in a shut down role as a rookie in Belleville, I think people underrate JBD because he isn't putting up pts in Belleville but that's not what he was being asked to do.

I say all this having voted Ostapchuk, but I still believe in JBD as a top 4 Dman at the next level

Reactions: Xspyrit

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
How far off is JBD from Marino at the same age? I think his potential is still pretty good, he just played his first year pro and was put in a shut down role as a rookie in Belleville, I think people underrate JBD because he isn't putting up pts in Belleville but that's not what he was being asked to do.

I say all this having voted Ostapchuk, but I still believe in JBD as a top 4 Dman at the next level

I definitely am one of those people who underrate Bernard-Docker and I have never really been impressed with him. He is a difficult prospect to read because he is not exceptional at any specific facet of the game and does not have any particular strengths that can be pointed to.

I would say this is a defining year for him and probably his last chance to really make some sort of progression.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Voted for Ostapchuk because I like his floor and ceiling, but I think Boucher and Kleven have a lot of upside too.

JBD is probably the “safest” pick, in that I’d be pretty surprised if he’s not an NHLer, and a good one at that, but I don’t think he’ll ever wow anyone.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I definitely am one of those people who underrate Bernard-Docker and I have never really been impressed with him. He is a difficult prospect to read because he is not exceptional at any specific facet of the game and does not have any particular strengths that can be pointed to.

I would say this is a defining year for him and probably his last chance to really make some sort of progression.

I plan to give him 2 years more. :)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If JBD is being groomed as a pure defensive/shutdown blueliner, then he probably shouldn't be noticed by most fans. That's kinda of the quirky thing with pure defensive guys...they only catch your eye when they screw up.

I haven't watched any Belleville games last year to know how he's progressing, but if he seems invisible, that should be a good sign. Hopefully.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If JBD is being groomed as a pure defensive/shutdown blueliner, then he probably shouldn't be noticed by most fans. That's kinda of the quirky thing with pure defensive guys...they only catch your eye when they screw up.

I haven't watched any Belleville games last year to know how he's progressing, but if he seems invisible, that should be a good sign. Hopefully.

That would be valuable in and of itself, but if that is his ceiling then expectations should drop significantly and he should no longer be voted this high moving forward.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That would be valuable in and of itself, but if that is his ceiling then expectations should drop significantly and he should no longer be voted this high moving forward.

Maybe...but it depends how much a person values defensive blueliners. I know they don't have the sexy point totals and all that....but you can't win a Cup without at least one solid shutdown guy on defense.

Reactions: Blotto71

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Maybe...but it depends how much a person values defensive blueliners. I know they don't have the sexy point totals and all that....but you can't win a Cup without at least one solid shutdown guy on defense.

It’s not just sexy point totals though. Someone like Kleven wouldn’t be a big point producer, but he’s bigger, very physical and has a fantastic shot. I think he’s someone that would have more impact on a game at his highest potential. But I also think he’s more of a risk to miss as a prospect than JBD is, which is where you can factor upside vs certainty in your vote.

Having said that, high IQ, reliable defenders are very valuable, so no disrespect to JBD. We could certainly use him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad