Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (5th)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I get the Greening impresion from Dzingel. Basically he'll be serviceable 4th liner for a bit, then get too expensive for what he provides. Not exactly a diamond in the rough, and something you can find in free agency every year.

This is my completely uninformed opinion though, just was bringing up the topic as I got thinking about it as a result of a main board thread the other day and was trying to figure out how many 'exciting' prospects we've had since Hoffman and Stone in those late rounds.

He is a small skilled player absolutely nothing like Greening.

What I think is funny how people around here think Dzingle and McCormack are good prospects that will make the NHL because they looked good at development camp against teenagers. Then the same people slam the O'Dell signing as a sure fire only AHL'er. Hello he is 2 years older and scored 29 in 55 in the AHL when he was Dzingle and McCormacks age.

Some perspective is needed, the age and development does matter and does project for the player moving forward. Chabot is the top prospect, his elite potential is the highest of the group. The sens have liked him all year and watched him more than any other player they drafted, have some faith they know how to draft puck moving defensemen look at the recent track record.

Last edited:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
74 votes for White, 1 for Gagne haha

Why is that a surprise? One was a 1st round pick and the other was a 2nd round pick in the same draft. It would seem likely that one would get voted before the other.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why is that a surprise? One was a 1st round pick and the other was a 2nd round pick in the same draft. It would seem likely that one would get voted before the other.

The chances that out of 75 times Gagne ends up being the better prospect once are just very unlikely. They were picked 14 picks apart the difference is not that big is all im saying.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The chances that out of 75 times Gagne ends up being the better prospect once are just very unlikely. They were picked 14 picks apart the difference is not that big is all im saying.

Altough I agree with what you are saying, that the chances are definitely not 75:1, White is clearly a better player despite the fact that Gagné had a better camp. We're talking about a guy that was an assistant on team USA and was one of the best player of the World Juniors. His game is much more refined and he's a complete package as compared to Gagné who's still a project at this point.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Altough I agree with what you are saying, that the chances are definitely not 75:1, White is clearly a better player despite the fact that Gagné had a better camp. We're talking about a guy that was an assistant on team USA and was one of the best player of the World Juniors. His game is much more refined and he's a complete package as compared to Gagné who's still a project at this point.

White never played in the World Juniors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad