Christian Wolanin
Filip Ahl
Joel Daccord
Troy Rutkowski
Alex Guptill
Cole Schneider
Travis Ewanyk
Buddy Robinson

The poll will be open for 48 hours (unless it's a blowout).

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Best prospect? Colin White.

NHL ready? Shane Prince.

We're voting for the former not the latter.

Prince was just the 6th highest scorer in the AHL and 4 of the 5 players who scored more are 2+ year older. The guy just ahead of Prince in scoring who is the same age is 20 pounds smaller. On top of that all the other players played on good teams that made the playoffs. Prince played on a depleted bingo team

Colin White has a long way to go to even get to that level. Lots of things could go wrong or not develop. Atm its not as if his upside is suppose to be elite either

Last edited:

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Prince was just the 6th highest scorer in the AHL and 4 of the 5 players who scored more are 2+ year older. The guy just ahead of Prince in scoring who is the same age is 20 pounds smaller. On top of that all the other players played on good teams that made the playoffs. Prince played on a depleted bingo team

Colin White has a long way to go to even get to that level. Lots of things could go wrong or not develop. Atm its not as if his upside is suppose to be elite either

Yeah the truth is a lot could go wrong BUT as of right now he has higher upside. He could climb every wrung on the developmental latter and surpass Prince in the same respect.

We just got White and we don't know what his finished product will be. Prince on the other hand has been in the system for a while. He's closer to his end product, which is more than likely a solid third liner. White could be anywhere in the top 9. Until he takes steps that bring his value down, he's higher than Prince.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Has to be White, I can't see Prince being a legitimate top 6 player down the road but I think White will be.

So White for me.

usascout1

Nov 2, 2012

You are way off on your assessment of White. He has elite upside and if you want to win a championship this is your guy. He wins every championship he has played in. You will see that with the WJC this year. This guy is 100% Golden. And btw he has elite level skill. At dev camp his feedback from sens head coach was off the charts. But hey I guess you know more. I'm tired of you coming on here without ever seeing White play live put him down.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You are way off on your assessment of White. He has elite upside and if you want to win a championship this is your guy. He wins every championship he has played in. You will see that with the WJC this year. This guy is 100% Golden. And btw he has elite level skill. At dev camp his feedback from sens head coach was off the charts. But hey I guess you know more. I'm tired of you coming on here without ever seeing White play live put him down.

Wow this is strange... I dont really have my own opinion on White because ive never watched him play a day in my life. I am more voicing what i read and what was said about him on draft day.

I never said he never had elite skill. I quoted what the sens scout said. How could i form my own analysis if ive never seen him play outside highlights?

http://www.tsn.ca/colin-white-centre-1.294100

Solid second-to-third line centre.

This is the most common prediction for his upside. Im not giving my own analysis but rather giving the most common prediction so dont say im bashing him because i dont have any clue because ive never seen him play. Get pissed at the dozen of scouts and websites that listed him as a 2nd-3rd line center

So here's where were at.... Im merely voicing the most common predictions well you are saying hes something more based on your analysis

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
^ um I reread his post and he isn't putting white down. Theres nothing wrong with saying a prospect has a way to go before being at the level of another prospect who is ready for the NHL. The consensus is that White is a safer pick, so hes also not wrong in saying that his upside is not elite....because that would depend on what someone considers elite. Will he have an elite two way game in the NHL? probably. will he be one of the NHL's elite forwards? probably not.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
how did you people vote Nick Paul or Shane Prince above Colin White? The Sens wouldn't trade White for either player. They just picked him in the 1st round and he's been a fantastic prospect for years now.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
Wow this is strange... I dont really have my own opinion on White because ive never watched him play a day in my life. I am more voicing what i read and what was said about him on draft day.

I never said he never had elite skill. I quoted what the sens scout said. How could i form my own analysis if ive never seen him play outside highlights?

http://www.tsn.ca/colin-white-centre-1.294100

This is the most common prediction for his upside. Im not giving my own analysis but rather giving the most common prediction so dont say im bashing him because i dont have any clue because ive never seen him play. Get pissed at the dozen of scouts and websites that listed him as a 2nd-3rd line center

So here's where were at.... Im merely voicing the most common predictions well you are saying hes something more based on your analysis

a second line centre is better than anything Prince or Paul will become, most likely.

Most websites and "scouts" develop a hivemind opinion about players when they really haven't seen them play a lot. White was a top 10 pick coming into the year and has great upside and a low bust ability.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
^ um I reread his post and he isn't putting white down. Theres nothing wrong with saying a prospect has a way to go before being at the level of another prospect who is ready for the NHL. The consensus is that White is a safer pick, so hes also not wrong in saying that his upside is not elite....because that would depend on what someone considers elite. Will he have an elite two way game in the NHL? probably. will he be one of the NHL's elite forwards? probably not.

He is expected to be better than prince. And in just about every way. I really like prince and want to see him in Ottawa, but there is a reason white was picked 40 spots ahead of prince
We're picking best prospect not best player currently. Otherwise you'd have Schneider top 5

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
how did you people vote Nick Paul or Shane Prince above Colin White? The Sens wouldn't trade White for either player. They just picked him in the 1st round and he's been a fantastic prospect for years now.

Well Prince is better then Puempel who was voted number 1....sooo..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad