Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (1st)

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Tobias Lindberg will surprise a lot of people.

Judging by some of the expectations I've read around here, I think he's actually going to be disappointing a lot more people. I hope he finds his way but I've read a lot of "he's a lock to be a NHLer" and that even seems like a reach. I personally view him as a boom or bust type of prospect unlike many of the others in this pool. He's either going to find a scoring role or fizzle out. I don't think his game is diverse enough to make it as a checker or bottom 6 type of player.

His first season in Bingo will be very interesting. It's a good place for him to work on his deficiencies right now.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
White for upside. (I really don't know, I've heard lots of good things bout his offensive and all-around potential.)

Add Filatov.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Puempel. Very likely that there are better prospects but don't have the hype yet, but will soon. If we had access to the Sens scouting reports, I imagine one of the newly drafted player would be at the top.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Should I add Wideman? I decided not to because I don't think he counts as a prospect anymore according to HF rules.

Of course You should 100% go with HF rules for a few simple reasons :

- We are ON HF
- why trying to find a new concensus when one is already made for you?
- Good luck trying to get to a concensus here. Many different people, different opinions, visions, etc.

Unless someone is new to HF or very "casual" here and has no idea of the criterias for being a prospect, it is BEYOND ME how could anyone think that Puempel is not a prospect anymore...

I mean, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of life things, but the guy has what? 13 NHL games? If he could still be a calder candidate in the NHL then why would he not be considered a prospect here?

Sorry for the rant I just don't get it why we still debate the same things 10 years later....

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Paul-- future 3 liner at best
Puempel future 3 liner at best
Prince future 3 liner at best
White 3 liner center at best

Wickstrand bottom pair to dark horse
Chabot could be a blue chip prospect
Lindberg will surprise a lot of people blue chip prospect top six forward potential
O'Connor could be a blue chip prospect
Wideman dark horse
Dzingel ----------
Gagne dark horse
Claesson ------------
Harpur dark horse
Chaplik could be a blue chip prospect
Robinson dark horse
Hogberg could be a dark horse

Lol what is dis? White probably has highest potential and he's 3rd line at best?

It should be about both closeness (portfolio) and ceiling (pedigree). Rank each on a scale from 0 to 10, then multiply the two, and you got your ranking.

Exactly how do people not get this.

Rank prospects based of READINESS and POTENTIAL.

For example. White is not very close to NHL but his potential is like Bergeron.

On another note Paul is very close but his potential is like Benn-lite which is lesser or possibly similar to Bergeron so it makes them close. However it's tough to really say what Paul's potential might be he played on very defensive team, he was leading scorer(PPG) and had 13 more goals than next guy on team, was dynamic all-around and the team revolved around him.

On a more offensive team maybe this guy putting up some solid numbers

Chlapik has 2nd line C potential or more but his readiness very far while Robinson is very close but his potential probably is average 3rd liner or good 4th liner at best so I'd go Chlapik.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It should be about both closeness (portfolio) and ceiling (pedigree). Rank each on a scale from 0 to 10, then multiply the two, and you got your ranking.

That's a good way to put it but don't Even need to be that complicated. Just keep it simple and ask this question :

Who would you draft first among those Sens prospects? BPA

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Was torn between Puempel and Paul, went with Paul due to how fast he seems to be rising through the ranks. Should definitely be a P-P-P top 3 regardless.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Im a bit more hesitant to choose guys who were just drafted as they are so far away and anything could happen in the next few years

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
For example. White is not very close to NHL but his potential is like Bergeron

I will save it for the memories. On what exactly this ridiculous statement is based on?
White has a potential to be the next Mike Fisher. And happily traded after. As many the first round picks are traded before him as failures. All 8 American born first rounders were traded and did not play for the Senators. How dis for the stats??
History does not teach a thing to some people.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I will save it for the memories. On what exactly this ridiculous statement is based on?
White has a potential to be the next Mike Fisher. And happily traded after. As many the first round picks are traded before him as failures. All 8 American born first rounders were traded and did not play for the Senators. How dis for the stats??
History does not teach a thing to some people.

Especially when that history is contrived with terribly formed correlations and causation.

You are using kindergarten logic of "well this red pen doesn't work, that means all red pens don't work".

It's obvious both Jack Eichel and Pat Kane would have been total scrubs for us....

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
To me the best prospect is the most NHL ready prospect. If he does this and then does that to me does not qualify the prospect. The prospect must be there at a level that makes him the best and conjecture on what a player might grow to should not have a bearing. An If should not win the best prospect pool

Chird Ferguson

Oct 14, 2012
Ottawa-ish
Im a bit more hesitant to choose guys who were just drafted as they are so far away and anything could happen in the next few years

In my opinion, I believe the opposite. A prospect we just drafted has potential to become anything, a first line star, all the way to a total bust. For example; look at Stone, when he was drafted no one had a clue he could develop into this. In terms of prospects, the longer a prospect has been in the system, the more you understand about the prospects overall potential. With Stone, the Sens brass must have seen this potential, as he put up some crazy numbers in the WHL. They always spoke very highly of him.

And this is why I pick White as our number one prospect. He had a rough year in terms of health, yet still was a first round pick in a pretty decent year. I think there is a lot of untapped potential in him. It will only be seen whether he can reach this potential if he develops or not.

This list is about prospects, and that means who is the best in terms of prospective talent, not who is closest to the show

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
In my opinion, I believe the opposite. A prospect we just drafted has potential to become anything, a first line star, all the way to a total bust. For example; look at Stone, when he was drafted no one had a clue he could develop into this. In terms of prospects, the longer a prospect has been in the system, the more you understand about the prospects overall potential. With Stone, the Sens brass must have seen this potential, as he put up some crazy numbers in the WHL. They always spoke very highly of him.

And this is why I pick White as our number one prospect. He had a rough year in terms of health, yet still was a first round pick in a pretty decent year. I think there is a lot of untapped potential in him. It will only be seen whether he can reach this potential if he develops or not.

This list is about prospects, and that means who is the best in terms of prospective talent, not who is closest to the show

Potential cant really be defined. I mean Prince and Puempel might be able to become 1st line wingers...is it likely? No... but so far on every team theyve played on theyve filled that role. White might be a 1st line center....Is it likely? No... When it came to Stone there were some ifs when it came to what he could become. Stone cleared those ifs one by one and became a better prospect and then a good NHL player.

I have no problem with the way to evaluate its just for me White's ceiling is hard to determine atm and currently most people see him as a middle 6 center. He could be more but so could other prospects

Chird Ferguson

Oct 14, 2012
Ottawa-ish
Potential cant really be defined. I mean Prince and Puempel might be able to become 1st line wingers...is it likely? No... but so far on every team theyve played on theyve filled that role. White might be a 1st line center....Is it likely? No... When it came to Stone there were some ifs when it came to what he could become. Stone cleared those ifs one by one and became a better prospect and then a good NHL player.

I have no problem with the way to evaluate its just for me White's ceiling is hard to determine atm and currently most people see him as a middle 6 center. He could be more but so could other prospects

Good point, potential is tough to define. Its basically "ifs", like what if Daigle had a desire to be a good player, or what if Brian Lee was 6'7, 250 lbs, and Canadian? It depends on a lot of things, and depends is really only a good argument when talking about diapers.

But moving on... IMO i see White as having more potential that Puempel and Prince. Puempel, when drafted, was labelled as a project, it was gonna take some time for him to make it. Prince kinda was labelled as having 2nd-line potential. White is labelled as being a safe 2nd or 3rd line centre, but the jury is still out, therefore, i think he is the better prospect.

But with the way our team develops young guys, anyone on this list has potential to be an impact player. (I just countered my own argument)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chabot/White are better prospects than Puempel at the same age

Seems some are easily swayed by age and experience. Puempel may be closer to the NHL than most of the guys on this list, but I have a hard time believing he has more upside than others on this list.

Or they think those two have developed at a rate greater than their draft pedigree would predict.

BigBush*

I have no idea how Puempel was voted our best prospect. He's the most NHL ready, but there's at least 5 other prospects i'd keep before Puempel if we had to add a prospect in a trade.

I liked what Puempel showed in his call up. He had a nose for the net and played with grit (although took some bad penalties), but didnt produce that much. He did start to look more comfortable before he got injured. It's still up in the air to see if he'll be an NHL regular and a guy that can play in the top 6 on a scoring line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad