Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (1st)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I think Guptill and Englund are going to tumble a bit compared to last year's rankings.

Boy did we have a lot of graduates to the NHL last year.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I don't know if there's someone else that wanted to do these polls, but I'm bored so I figured I'd start it.

Should I add Wideman? I decided not to because I don't think he counts as a prospect anymore according to HF rules.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Puempel was out performed by Prince by a fair margin in the AHL this year. I gotta go with Prince. I cant ignore that even if Puempel did get going after a slow start in the NHL. Many different bloogers or websites also seem to have Prince ahead of Puempel including HF although its only a 1 spot difference on HF

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
For me it's P-P-P for the first three spots, not sure in which order. I went with Prince for this round.

Add McCormick or Robinson or Ahl.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Puempel was out performed by Prince by a fair margin in the AHL this year. I gotta go with Prince. I cant ignore that even if Puempel did get going after a slow start in the NHL. Many different bloogers or websites also seem to have Prince ahead of Puempel including HF although its only a 1 spot difference on HF

Voted for Dzingle... Looked for Price and missed him. Me too

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Chabot/White are better prospects than Puempel at the same age

Seems some are easily swayed by age and experience. Puempel may be closer to the NHL than most of the guys on this list, but I have a hard time believing he has more upside than others on this list.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Chabot/White are better prospects than Puempel at the same age

Seems some are easily swayed by age and experience. Puempel may be closer to the NHL than most of the guys on this list, but I have a hard time believing he has more upside than others on this list.

I think a lot of this is linked to who is closer to making the jump. Puempel is far along in his development and is close to making it, so he can be considered more probable to be a successful player in the league than White who may very well end up being better, but due to his age (and relative mystery) he has greater bust potential in the eyes of fans. In the end people just don't like being wrong so they go with the safer choice :nod:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yo anyone think Nick Paul has like number 2C or even higher potential?

I mean look at this compilation of only 7 games really at a big stage:

Puempel I think can be 20-25 goal guy? That's a bit optimistic? I mean he did just score 30 goals as AHL rookie but Prince seems to have more skill and other stronger impacts.

Chabot can be top pairing guy and White can be a number 2 C with more hidden offensive potential so it'll be interesting to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad