(Binghamton Senators, AHL)40.43%
8. Andreas Englund D 6'3" 190
RTEmagicC_SWE-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Djurgarden J20, SEL/Djurgarden, Allsvenskan)27.27%

Senators Prospects Top 40 (2013) + Past Rankings:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1494213&highlight=

Prospect Criteria:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Tell me who to add next.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Dzingel. Can someone explain why people are voting for Guptill? Not a knock just dont know much about him other then attitude issues and his stats

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Ryan Dzingel

Gets my vote I like this prospect and hope he develops with pro coaching and playing in Binghamton next season...........................

senility

May 23, 2005
Dzingel. Can someone explain why people are voting for Guptill? Not a knock just dont know much about him other then attitude issues and his stats

Both seem like boom or bust prospects to me. I'm encouraged by everything I've seen from both prospects so far, but both still have a lot of big question marks.

Dzingel seems like the kind of guy who has to play in the top 6 if he's going to make the show. I like his speed, hustle, and creativity, but he's not a big guy and the world is full of small, skilled playmakers who couldn't manage to produce consistently at the next level. The chances of him becoming DaCosta 2.0 are high, IMO.

Guptill has the size and skill to play anywhere in the lineup, but it sounds like he leaves a lot to be desired in the effort and consistency departments and it doesn't sound like he likes to play in his own end much. If it's just a case of him having a little too much fun in college, I have confidence that he can grow out of it, but the scouting reports suggest that he's a frustratingly lazy player and it remains to be seen whether he has enough fire in his belly to bring it night after night. I think the chances of him becoming the best player on this list are significant, but he could easily be a bust as well.

I somewhat reluctantly voted for Wikstrand, since I think he is the most reliable bet to make the NHL and, with a little luck, might have top 4 ability. That said, I haven't watched him much, so I'm mainly going on the accounts of others.

Smitty26

Oct 24, 2011
voted guptill, then saw that wideman was added to the list. hes gotta be up in this area of voting imo. should be the next guy picked.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I voted Guptill mostly because I just hope that we traded our #1 C for someone that wouldn't be further down our current prospect list...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I voted for Hogberg again. Like him as a smooth moving mammoth in nets. Lots of upside there. I'd consider our other goalie here too.

Dzingel's is definitely my favourite forward coming up to Bingo. No complaints on votes for him here.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I wonder if wikstrand is being over valued as an nhl prospect.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Begrudgingly went with Guptill based on his skill/ceiling, in spite of the glaring "attitude/effort" issue that is well documented from his NCAA days.

Everyone from here on out is all about personal preferences.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I will continue to believe that Wikstrand is being over-rated, but he's bound to win this one.

Driedger.

The Fuhr*

Curious where Linus Ullmark would rank on the Sens list ... 20 year old SEL goalie of the year

I'm curious because Sabresprospect has him ranked as the 11th best Sabres prospect, I wonder how that depth compares to what the Sens have

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Curious where Linus Ullmark would rank on the Sens list ... 20 year old SEL goalie of the year

I'm curious because Sabresprospect has him ranked as the 11th best Sabres prospect, I wonder how that depth compares to what the Sens have

He'd rank very highly.

No need to be passive aggressive - few people would argue that Buffalo have a far better and far deeper prospect pool than Ottawa. Over the past three drafts they've picked 12 times in the first two rounds. Over the same period Ottawa made three selections in the first two rounds.

The Fuhr*

He'd rank very highly.

No need to be passive aggressive - few people would argue that Buffalo have a far better and far deeper prospect pool than Ottawa. Over the past three drafts they've picked 12 times in the first two rounds. Over the same period Ottawa made three selections in the first two rounds.

The Sens are/were rebuilding.... Ottawa should have a sick prospect pool

The Fuhr*

How many have graduated in that time span?

Looks like Zibanejad and Lehner... Teams 3C, maybe 2C and back up goalie

Also Wiercioch but he was scratched half the time...

Not sure who else

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Looks like Zibanejad and Lehner... Teams 3C, maybe 2C and back up goalie

Also Wiercioch but he was scratched half the time...

Not sure who else

Ceci sooner than expected. Cowen if you go a bit farther back. Most of the top end talent. A couple extra pieces we shipped out for Ryan. Good start for three years IMO. We'll have more upcoming this year in Boro, Hoff maybe Pageau, Lazar. I don't see much to complain about here.

EastCoastSensFan

Mar 7, 2011
Pictou N.S.
Did people think wikstrand was overrated last year as well because he finished 16th last year. This year he looks like he will be 9th. 7 players out of the 15 ahead of him last year are no longer on the list. In fact the only player he looks like he will have improved over from last year is Driedger and if lehner works out he will be nothing more then a backup or trade bate.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The Sens are/were rebuilding.... Ottawa should have a sick prospect pool

You know full well what happened; we started our rebuild, our prospect pool climaxed in 2012 (two years ago), when HF had us ranked 2nd in the league, then we traded some prospects and graduated others. Now, we have Turris, Ryan instead of Rundblad and Silfverberg, and one of the youngest lineups in the NHL with guys like Cowen, Lehner, and Zibanejad in the lineup. Prospect pools are cyclical, you can't keep having a great one forever (unless you're Edmonton, or maybe Florida)

But here's the thing, a highly touted prospect pool doesn't mean squat if the kids don't develop as you hope. Cowen could be huge for us, or he could end up not getting a qualifying offer when his contract comes up, like Del Zotto.

The Fuhr*

You know full well what happened; we started our rebuild, our prospect pool climaxed in 2012 (two years ago), when HF had us ranked 2nd in the league, then we traded some prospects and graduated others. Now, we have Turris, Ryan instead of Rundblad and Silfverberg, and one of the youngest lineups in the NHL with guys like Cowen, Lehner, and Zibanejad in the lineup. Prospect pools are cyclical, you can't keep having a great one forever (unless you're Edmonton, or maybe Florida)

So the prospects became Turris (a wicked 2C) and a guy who's a UFA in less then a year (who may or May not re-sign)

Awesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad