Half-Assed GDT: Sens @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Good news so far: we've got 2 points tonight.

Bad news so far: so do Colorado and Anaheim, Dallas is 2:42 from the same, and Minnesota is up 2-0 on Columbus through 20:00. So, even best case the rest of the night we're not making up any ground.

Reactions: Bendak

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It's a win. Can't say much more than that when it's against Ottawa.

Binnington letting in a soft goal and responding well is probably a good thing in the long run. He should start Monday, but...

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
One of the funnest games I've been to in a while. 6-0-1 while in attendance.

My Sens friend from CoMo got a good experience with the chirping, and also got his moment on the Jumbotron. He also got to meet with Ceci's and Dzingel's dad during an intermission. He probably came out of it with the most special experience at the game out of myself and another buddy.

Loved the fans in our section, they got me into the game more than I was planning to. $180 well spent.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Dear lord...wtf does Schwartz have to do to get a freaking goal?

That race for the puck with the empty net... :laugh:

Also, once again, Parayko leading the Blues defense in even strength TOI. He was physical, directly saved at least 1 goal against, and overall played a fantastic game.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
I def missed something where did boom boom come from?
The sick twisted mind of Darren Pang.

Unrelated note, if you look up the defintion of the word "sheepish", you'll see a pic of Schenn's face when he was asked about Dunn's goal in the post game interview haha. Very fortunate that turnover of his at the blue line stayed in!

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Squeeked by arguably the worst team in the league at home. Let’s make sure Schwartz plays with Schenn every game for the rest of his life. No sense breaking up that dynamic duo. Don’t try putting Schwartz with the best center on the team to try to get him going. Well maybe they’ll try that around game 75 when Schwartz still has 3 goals. He has that to look forward to.

Kyrou has 7:11 of 5v5 ice time. I guess it’s 7 more minutes than Fabbri. Kyrou has a turnover but it should only be something used as a learning tool. Most likely it’ll result in him getting benched or sent down.

At least Maroon was out there getting 19:26 of ice time. Steen got over 16 minutes. Those two are like the speed demon Molina on skates.

This organization is so dysfunctional in a lot of ways. There are easy decisions to make with the roster that even Facebook fans see but leadership doesn’t. That’s how horrible this organization is at making some decisions. The Facebook screaming meemies actually say things right vs what the organization refuses to do.

I don’t get it but it’s in line with this f***ed up season.

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
Kyrou has 7:11 of 5v5 ice time. I guess it’s 7 more minutes than Fabbri. Kyrou has a turnover but it should only be something used as a learning tool. Most likely it’ll result in him getting benched or sent down.
Kyrou was awful this game and has shown very little in the NHL this season. Turnover or not, he should 100% be sent down. Nothing wrong with letting him play big minutes and develop at the AHL level.

Reactions: Bendak and Blueston

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Kyrou was awful this game and has shown very little in the NHL this season. Turnover or not, he should 100% be sent down. Nothing wrong with letting him play big minutes and develop at the AHL level.

It’s really hard to be genuinely observed getting 7 minutes but at least Steen and Maroon can help save the season.

Reactions: Bendak

stl76

Jul 2, 2015
It’s really hard to be genuinely observed getting 7 minutes but at least Steen and Maroon can help save the season.
Kyrou has played nearly 150 minutes in the NHL this season. He has had plenty of looks in the top 6 and has played up and down the line up. In that time he has done very little to indicate he deserves more ice time IMO. His play certainly has not forced the issue for the coaching staff. Frankly I don't buy the argument that if only Kyrou get more minutes he would be more effective.

I realize this is not a popular stance, but at this point in time Maroon and Steen are both significantly more effective NHLers than Kyrou. Honestly, I thought Maroon was fine tonight and the criticisms in this thread are way overblown.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
So what, can you imagine how nervous he has to be. Especially when he sees these bottom 6 guys who make mistakes left and right get fed prime minutes making a mistake or 2 per shift.

If they want Kyrou to play in the NHL then play him, he's going to f*** up. Send him back out there. If they expect mistake free shifts then dont even call him up.

I get it that every game counts and is pivotal for the Blues but that's because 98% of the vets played ECHL level hockey for the first couple months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad