Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Blues Chapter 2: The Wrath of O'Rourke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Great win by the Sens. Condra showed he has a tonne of heart out there. He deserves another game.

I'd like to see Neil and Greening sit and let Zib and MM9 back in. After all those two had actually been playing well for the first time all season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
NHL.com gave EK 1st star, he had 0 points, thats hard to believe was he that good?

Yes, he controlled the game in 2nd half of the game(like Nyquil said).

Ouch not quite for the brilliant part for the last 6-7 games. For tonight I agree but he had one of his worst games ever against the Blues the other night so many turnovers and had 9 shot attempa only 3 on net. Really underwhelming.

I disagree, I watched that game carefully and Karlsson was a standout.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
today's lineup was designed to win while the past 20 games were to determine what lineup that would be moving forward to the rest of the season

if i understood that properly, i found that interesting from MacLean

Did he really say that? Damn! Talk about kicking Michalek and Zibanejad when they are down

Oct 10, 2010
With Condra having the game he did - We will probably have a downfall from it... That being Lazar likely finds his way out of the up as coach wouldn't dare benching 9mm and Mika back-to-back games i am guessing.

BigBush*

With Condra having the game he did - We will probably have a downfall from it... That being Lazar likely finds his way out of the up as coach wouldn't dare benching 9mm and Mika back-to-back games i am guessing.

why? worked well with Cowen. I could see him benching Zib for the week to work with him and try to take some pressure off him

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Keep Mika out and swap Milo in for greening, once Condra cools down we can swap Mika back in, should help us snatch some points.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Cowen. The guy isn't getting enough love.

Seriously. I'd like to give a rare nod to the Stache for being willing to scratch these guys when needed.

But a much bigger nod to Cowen himself for actually bringing it. He's starting to look like the guy a lot of us thought/hoped he could become. Keep it up J-Cow! :yo:

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Nice win tonight boys. I think the Sens could smell blood as soon Elliot went down! The Blues fed Allen to the sharks (no pun intended San Jose) :laugh:. Speaking of the Blues, how did things ever become so nasty between us?? Like two teams that rarely met and have no history with one another? :amazed: Nonetheless Condra played well and Lehner held us in when he had to so thank you Robin! :yo:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wow, what a freaking win. The boys deserve every ounce of that one!

3 games in 4 nights, second half of a back-to-back in different cities, being robbed of 2 legitimate goals, the refs giving the Blues a free pass at every turn....and the boys outplayed everyone and won.

So satisfying. So amazing to see karma in action for once.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Was highly amused when blues/Gamecenter commentator referred to Wiercoch as "one of the harder hitting players" on the Sens D.

Literally chuckled out loud.

That said, played a good game.

he did randomly rock that player.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
lol, what a joke seriously. Guy's 180 pounds is paid 6M$ and plays almost 30mins a night against the top lines from other teams I think he is doing a pretty good job. Crappy start to the year but past 5-6 games he has been really good.

But hey! what do I know, he's a bad leader cause he's tired sometimes and cannot be perfect so he quits on a play and floats

Kalrsson was dirt nasty last night.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Keep Mika out and swap Milo in for greening, once Condra cools down we can swap Mika back in, should help us snatch some points.
Nah, last night showed me enough. We're better without MM in the lineup. He just isn't effective enough and while Condra won't score a lot, he's better defensively, effective on the PK and is a better puck possession player. He's just more useful to the bottom 6.

Zibby in, Greening out (was nice to see Greening more assertive on the forecheck though). Although I half wonder of Lazar would be better served going down now. He just doesn't seem to be getting enough time for my taste. Not about ability, I just think he might be better developed playing more minutes in junior than limited time up here.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
As much as I enjoy Michalek when he's on his game, he hasn't been this season. Shrewd move to bench him and it paid off. Zibanejad, I'm less sure of. Seems like a player like that needs the confidence that only gets shattered when you're a healthy scratch. I understand the concept of "lighting a fire," but I just don't know how effective it will be here.

That said, glad to see Condra back and producing well. Such a smart player. I find it hilarious that, in true Condra fashion, he scored three goals but two didn't count.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Hell of a win from the boys, no complaints here and i felt Condra and Greening played well drawing in recently. The Alfie news at the end of the night almost put me over the top. Only minor complaint remains Neil, he looks done but i hope im wrong

Also the melt down and inevitable gloating in the gdt thread was funny to read this morning.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
Great win by the Sens. Condra showed he has a tonne of heart out there. He deserves another game.

I'd like to see Neil and Greening sit and let Zib and MM9 back in. After all those two had actually been playing well for the first time all season.

I would rather Neil and Legwand sit than Greening.

Greening was showing some rust but looked better... Legwand has been disappointing most of the season

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
As much as I enjoy Michalek when he's on his game, he hasn't been this season. Shrewd move to bench him and it paid off. Zibanejad, I'm less sure of. Seems like a player like that needs the confidence that only gets shattered when you're a healthy scratch. I understand the concept of "lighting a fire," but I just don't know how effective it will be here.

That said, glad to see Condra back and producing well. Such a smart player. I find it hilarious that, in true Condra fashion, he scored three goals but two didn't count.

I thought scratching Zbad was a bit bold but I liked it.

Reality with this team right now is we have 14 forwards so healthy scratches are just part of the deal. The more different guys get scratched the more it moves towards a team first mentality, where you ignore individual guys' egos and allow the coach to make the right decisions.

We've already seen with Cowen what a little breather can do for a young player, I'm sure people felt bad for him at the time and he was a little embarrassed but look at him now.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Yet somehow Neil manages to elude being a healthy scratch.

It is completely crazy how much rope that guy gets. At least he wasn't played much at the end of the game. I'd rather seen Condra than Neil on the ice. At least he can still make and take a pass. I feel like bad coaching decisions are going to hurt this team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad