Post-Game Talk: SENS blow into the Windy City, Mon 8:30 pm

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Wish we would just scratch the trio....

I guess the numbers work out to about a 1% chance that a player gets injured in any game. But still, I agree with you. Why risk anything? And does PD or EM think they are fooling anyone by playing them?? Everyone knows they're available!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I guess the numbers work out to about a 1% chance that a player gets injured in any game. But still, I agree with you. Why risk anything? And does PD or EM think they are fooling anyone by playing them?? Everyone knows they're available!

1% is too high imo, forgetting the mountain of poor decisions that led to this scenario, I don't expect anything less then the wrong decision to be made again right up to the deadline by this current owner/gm combo, furthermore as is tradition an injury or injuries are virtually a given here in worse case scenario land, the only question will be to who and what magnitude?

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
1% is too high imo, forgetting the mountain of poor decisions that led to this scenario, I don't expect anything less then the wrong decision to be made again right up to the deadline by this current owner/gm combo, furthermore as is tradition an injury or injuries are virtually a given here in worse case scenario land, the only question will be to who and what magnitude?

There's absolutely nothing to gain by playing them and taking this risk. The optics might be bad sitting them, but in reality it would be like the 50th worst thing that's happened to the team in the past year so who really cares. Just do the smart thing. 0% is better than 1% when there's nothing to gain along with that 1%.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
There's absolutely nothing to gain by playing them and taking this risk. The optics might be bad sitting them, but in reality it would be like the 50th worst thing that's happened to the team in the past year so who really cares. Just do the smart thing. 0% is better than 1% when there's nothing to gain along with that 1%.
But maybe if they stay home they'll decide to eat chicken and get hurt that way?

Reactions: Cosmix

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I've been wondering about this as well. Travis Yosts article about it today put the rate of an injury at 2% based off prior seasons.

Interestingly enough, I feel like this is to motivate a team to get going. Hint, Nashville, hint - Polie doesn't usually wait long, so I could see Duchene either a) pulled mid game or b) traded by the Thurs/Fri game.

I like the way you think but that is very high risk.

Reactions: Duncstar

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I think if all 3 UFA's are still Sens by Thursday - unlikely - that's when they'll consider sitting them.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Since January 6th , Pageau’s return, they are 6th in PK, And 9th in PP
They've been top 10 in pk since about mid november. They switched their pk coverage shortly after the uber incident. Pageau himself referred to the coverage shift about a week ago and noted the team being top 10 since the shift.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
That 1% adds up when you're talking 3 players over half a dozen games.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They've been top 10 in pk since about mid november. They switched their pk coverage shortly after the uber incident. Pageau himself referred to the coverage shift about a week ago and noted the team being top 10 since the shift.

A great example of the good that comes from open communications. That the players being unhappy about the PP had to leak for something to be done is a huge indictement of leadership, coaching and management. What a gongshow: it took for everyone to make fools of themselves publically for things to change.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Keep these images in your mind when Mark Stone is cemented into the leadership core of a championship team not in Ottawa. Truly laughable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad