All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
O.png
vs :hawks

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Sens are still last in shots against per/gp but only by 1 shot on goal now. The hawks are 2nd last in that stat. Penalty kill is also slightly improved lately, as we're now 26th in the NHL.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I hope they scratch Duchene now that he's officially on the block. Doesn't make sense to play him, especially in a road game.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I hope they scratch Duchene now that he's officially on the block. Doesn't make sense to play him, especially in a road game.

Thus they will play top, heavy minutes in all situations, Guy will be strongly encouraging them to block anything and everything out there tonight!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The decision to play the UFA players is indefensible.
Unfortunately, Belleville plays today at 2 as well. Probably few options here. And furthermore we have a dead man walking as a coach who has no incentive or opportunity to earn himself a contract with the club next year unless he wants to earn less than 6 figures so we'll likely have them all playing 20+ minutes. All these terrible decisions have consequences.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
The decision to play the UFA players is indefensible.
I've been wondering about this as well. Travis Yosts article about it today put the rate of an injury at 2% based off prior seasons.

Interestingly enough, I feel like this is to motivate a team to get going. Hint, Nashville, hint - Polie doesn't usually wait long, so I could see Duchene either a) pulled mid game or b) traded by the Thurs/Fri game.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Sens are still last in shots against per/gp but only by 1 shot on goal now. The hawks are 2nd last in that stat. Penalty kill is also slightly improved lately, as we're now 26th in the NHL.

Since Jan. 1st, Ottawa is 8th in the league in PK%. But they had a miserable start to the year on the PK.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
It is mind-boggling that we are dumb enough to play them. Mind you, we are dumb enough to trade them, so it would make sense. Definitely in the territory of a player could be pulled in-game at any point now.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It is mind-boggling that we are dumb enough to play them. Mind you, we are dumb enough to trade them, so it would make sense. Definitely in the territory of a player could be pulled in-game at any point now.
It can only mean that there are ongoing negotiations. If they were on the trade block, it would be different. A trade would have to be imminent, and i guess it may happen before the next game.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
With our luck :
Duchene gets hurt tonight
No Team want to trade for him
He doesn't re-sign here
Heals completely by may 15th
Signs with MTL July 1st

Bravo Pierre

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Looks like Nilsson is starting this one.

Which is fine, he's earned that 1A spot. A little surprised Andy isn't being given the chance to get his 600th win in his hometown though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad