Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Blackhawks, Monday Nov. 1, 8pm

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think we are missing 1 forward to slot everyone properly. Young but properly slotted and quite solid.

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stuetzle Pinto XXX
Paul Tierney Brown
Sanford Gambrell Watson

XXX is vital and we don’t have anyone coming soon. If we don’t want to try and get Giroux how about Toffoli if the next GM retools the Habs ?

I see things differently. Our 3 needs at forward are more significant in order to become a consistent playoff team and a top 8 team in the league:

Stuetzle CCCC RRRR
Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Paul Pinto C. Brown
LLLL Tierney Watson

And then there is the defence, where we need to upgrade the 2nd pair but help is on the way with Sanderson coming later this season:

Chabot Zub
Sanderson - RRRR (could be Thompson or JBD)
LLLL - RRRR

EDIT: I forgot to add Formenton to LW on the 4th line; however, I think Formenton could turn out to be much better than that and rise to the 2nd line in the future. I would also like to get a big physical center on the 4th line to replace Tierney.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and Xspyrit

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
How long do we give smith though? I’m not saying a number, but we finally looked like we were getting it going near the end of the year last year. Another year of missed playoffs if it happens….. it’s frustrating

It is only frustrating if your expectations were that this was going to be a near or playoff team this season. The team has needed an injection of top end talent since it traded away its top end talent.

Reactions: Alex1234

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I see things differently. Our 3 needs at forward are more significant in order to become a consistent playoff team and a top 8 team in the league:

Stuetzle CCCC RRRR
Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Paul Pinto C. Brown
LLLL Tierney Watson

And then there is the defence, where we need to upgrade the 2nd pair but help is on the way with Sanderson coming later this season:

Chabot Zub
Sanderson - RRRR (could be Thompson or JBD)
LLLL - RRRR
Yeah I’m not sure dedicating more than 25% of the cap to the 2nd line is feasible. That’s our first line.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thought he was the teams best player along with Formenton and Mete. If that's the case then it's gonna be a long night. Hopefully they can keep it up. But the rest of the team needs to be alot better.

I don't think Sanford should be offered a contract for next season based on his performance so far. He needs to get more involved in the game.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don't think Sanford should be offered a contract for next season based on his performance so far. He needs to get more involved in the game.
I can’t see him getting an offer. He is place holding for Parker Kelly IMO.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can’t see him getting an offer. He is place holding for Parker Kelly IMO.

Sanford is definitely a placeholder; I am not sure he will be replaced by Parker Kelly.

EDIT: However I would rather watch Kelly hustle than Sanford plod! :)

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
It is only frustrating if your expectations were that this was going to be a near or playoff team this season. The team has needed an injection of top end talent since it traded away its top end talent.
Defeats the purpose of a rebuild that we just keep trading players. Oh well…. Just keep “rebuilding” for another half decade.

Reactions: Cosmix

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I think we still need a #1C, #1RW and #1RD to become a really good team.

EDIT: The rebuild is not over IF the objective is to become a top 8 team.
I agree with that. I think we target a number one centre. That’s priority one!

At this point I just want to see playoffs :( I have be grateful to see the Oilers make playoffs but being swept and losing in the first round two years in a row isn’t a ton better lmao.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I agree with that. I think we target a number one centre. That’s priority one!

At this point I just want to see playoffs :( I have be grateful to see the Oilers make playoffs but being swept and losing in the first round two years in a row isn’t a ton better lmao.

Hopefully, the Oilers will improve and go deeper into the playoffs soon. I remember watching them when they had Gretzky and the boys. They lost to an older vet team in the WHA, to the Jets, but then matured into a powerhouse team in the NHL. I am an old Jets fan who remembers those teams.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah I’m not sure dedicating more than 25% of the cap to the 2nd line is feasible. That’s our first line.

I know and have a fear of what will happen. We will make the playoffs and win a series or two, but never win the Division nor the SC.

Reactions: Alex1234

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Hopefully, the Oilers will improve and go deeper into the playoffs soon. I remember watching them when they had Gretzky and the boys. They lost to an older vet team in the WHA, to the Jets, but then matured into a powerhouse team in the NHL. I am an old Jets fan who remembers those teams.
Ya buddy I have highlights of the 80’s and 1990 to go back on! I wasn’t born till 1987 so unfortunately didn’t get to experience that live!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Bruno Gervais has simply shown on RDS just 3 examples of Sens defensive coverage last night. The Hagel goal, the Kane one timer and his breakaway (Tierney lol)

Fans always blame the goalies. Hockey players analyze the tape and see why bad things happen.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I did for the Oiler games against the Jets. I did get to see live Gordie Howe play with his sons Mark and Marty too. :)
Oh man!!! That’s so awesome. I’m so jealous! I don’t make it to many hockey games living in Saskatchewan. I hope to make it to Edmonton this year. Would be awesome to catch them Plato g Ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad