Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Blackhawks, Monday Nov. 1, 8pm

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We have so many young exciting players on this team and in the pipeline. Ownership/management could absolutely cash in on this by surrounding them with just a few quality vets and beginning to really compete, but they refuse to do so, and we're likely going to finish bottom-10 once again. This isn't an acceptable way to run a pro team.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We have so many young exciting players on this team and in the pipeline. Ownership/management could absolutely cash in on this by surrounding them with just a few quality vets and beginning to really compete, but they refuse to do so, and we're likely going to finish bottom-10 once again. This isn't an acceptable way to run a pro team.

Just look at the Rangers. There’s a way to fast forward a rebuild and we ain’t doing it

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Just look at the Rangers. There’s a way to fast forward a rebuild and we ain’t doing it

I'm not even talking about fast-forwarding anything. I actually agree with Dorion that the rebuild is "over" in the sense that we've got more than enough young talent moving forward. You can never fill every position both up front and on defense by drafting though, and ultimately you have to find some help on the outside. But once again the team is handcuffed by a cheap-ass owner and a GM who spends the little money he has on washed up vets like MDZ.

It's disheartening to have young stars like Tkachuk, Norris, Bath, Chabot and Stutzle and force them to win on their own.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
2 words: Halloween Party.

That crap performance reminds me of travelling to play in an old-timers tournament, where the boys stayed out partying until the bars closed..

Otherwise, i have no idea how Norris could be so bad, all of a sudden!? (Wasn't that a party!)

Seriously. Young team. First real road trip in years (or 1st road trip of their careers for quite a few of them). With 3 days off on the weekend (Friday-Sunday). On Halloween weekend. In Chicago. After a cool road win in Dallas.

Against a team desperate for their first win. At home. With their best player returning to the lineup.

What we saw tonight was nothing like any other game this season so far.

Reactions: Yak and chipsens

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Seriously. Young team. First real road trip in years (or 1st road trip of their careers for quite a few of them). With 3 days off on the weekend (Friday-Sunday). On Halloween weekend. In Chicago. After a cool road win in Dallas.

Against a team desperate for their first win. At home. With their best player returning to the lineup.

What we saw tonight was nothing like any other game this season so far.

LMAO.

Come on man. It was a trap game for sure. I could feel it before the game. Winless team, playing a young team on the road, etc..

But this wasn't some supernatural event. The team shat the bed. Period. Our lack of depth was on full display and our best players weren't at their best.

Burn the tape and move on without excuses.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
This was a terrible game by the senators from start to finish. There were about five minutes where they played with any intensity. Murray looked like he did last season. He needs to stay healthy and work. The BlackHawks made us look like a slow team on many occasions. Pretty sad outing.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I think the Blackhawks were just hungrier for a win. They outplayed us period. They neutralized our offense pretty effectively. I don't know if Gus in net would have made a difference other than a 3-1 loss instead of 5-1.

Reactions: Deku

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

With picking Boucher last year maybe finishing in the bottom 10 again isn't such a bad thing. This team still needs another top end dynamic talent. Fluking our way to Wright would be incredible. But even another Nylander, Barzal, Lundell, Rossi, Eklund type would be such a huge boost. There seems to be a window for this type of player in the 5 to 13.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I called it a trap game on the first or second page.

Chicago had this game circled on their calendars as a game to win. They showed up and our guys being young had no idea what they were in for. The coach did but the team of young guys need to experience games like this to understand.

Anyways, whatever, let's get onto the next game and throw the tape out on this game. We don't have time to over analyze.

We play like 14 games in the next 28 days , give or take a day.

Time for the young team to learn how to show up after a loss and get their shit straight.

Let's see how this team has grown or improved over last year this month.

I have one complaint buy I am going save it , team got battered enough.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Pretty much the opposite game from the one in Dallas.

Painful, but momma said there’d be days like this.

Onward!

Really wasn't. We were badly outplayed by Dallas except for our top line and top D and goaltending.

If it wasn't for Gustavsson we'd be facing two real bad losses in a row. Dallas outplayed us in every statistic save for giveaways.

We're heading towards a bottom 5 finish. Idc. But if we don't bring in serious assets this offseason like top 4 D and top 6 C, I am done with pathetic management.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think the Blackhawks were just hungrier for a win. They outplayed us period. They neutralized our offense pretty effectively. I don't know if Gus in net would have made a difference other than a 3-1 loss instead of 5-1.
The goalie wouldn't have mattered. Sens had a good start, if they had scored first who knows. The sens have no shot when the second line plays like that. Zubs first off game all year. Its gonna happen. On to the next one.

Reactions: Xspyrit

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I gotta say Sanford has looked great tonight
Thought he was the teams best player along with Formenton and Mete. If that's the case then it's gonna be a long night. Hopefully they can keep it up. But the rest of the team needs to be alot better.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Brady on the 1st goal was completely not interested in playing defence. He looks lazy to frequently when it comes to playing D

Reactions: Matsens15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad