Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Blackhawks, Monday Nov. 1, 8pm

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Almost didn't watch the highlights after seeing the scoreline, glad I did though, didn't think we looked as bad as I expected, if we'd managed to convert our dominance in the first or the Hawks hadn't got a couple lucky bounces, who knows where it might've gone, but a hungry Kane's first game and Murray coming back from injury wasn't the chemistry we needed

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So many people on here were telling me our lack of depth wasn't that big of an issue.

Anyone who watched this game and still thinks all we need is Pinto and Watson back must be drunk.
I think everyone knows we still need a 2nd line RW and 2 2nd pair D.

Reactions: Xspyrit

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Big part of it.. We get owned on the road because we don't have the depth; especially on D. .. Beyond 2 lines .. its not very good up front. .. They can't match up to top lines.
I think we are missing 1 forward to slot everyone properly. Young but properly slotted and quite solid.

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stuetzle Pinto XXX
Paul Tierney Brown
Sanford Gambrell Watson

XXX is vital and we don’t have anyone coming soon. If we don’t want to try and get Giroux how about Toffoli if the next GM retools the Habs ?

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There's not a lot to be gained by agreeing that your players suck.
They can just not say anything? Do you think those responses are responses to Bruce Garrioch or Gord Wilson asking some super tough question on Zaitsev and gudbransson lmao. What are the odds of that?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
lol of course. the point is gustafvssn should be starting. he has shown more than enough times he is better.

I agree that Goose should be one of the two goalies and, if he keeps up his play, should get at least 60% of starts.

Weirdly. I thought yesterday was Josh Browns best game of the season BY FAR. And Mete as well. That pair might be starting to mesh to the level it was at to end last year

Agreed.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Gotta say I really liked Sanford last night. If he could play like that with a purpose more often, he'd actually be a keeper

Many of our D are not very good. So many times I see opposing players standing in front of our net banging at the puck and not one D knocks them down on their ass. We have some big D who do not play BIG nor TOUGH.

We have some good players, it's up to Chabot, Batherson, Norris, etc to carry the team every game but damn they are going to be exhausted by mid season. Our depth is just terrible, particularly on D

For all the talk about wanting to be hard to play against, we were pretty easy to play against last night

I agree that Goose should be one of the two goalies and, if he keeps up his play, should get at least 60% of starts.

Just another bad coaching decision. Murray just coming back from injury... Patrick elite Kane coming back in the lineup, Hawks DESPERATE for a win. Why not start the hot goalie as Gustavsson had his best game in a while a few days ago?

But we would have lost this game pretty easily anyway. We were good the first 10minutes then got progressively owned as the game went on.

welp you need your goalie to make a big save now and then. Murray been swiss cheese. Hasnt had a lot of help, but he gets paid a lot of money to steal games now and then.

Well, Murray had a 0.949 SV% in his last 7 games... And he actually made several big saves in this game too but the team defense was soft as butter so it was pretty easy to score for NHLers, like last year early in the season. Kane's field day was pretty reminiscent of McDavid and co. doing what they wanted early in 2020-21

Yesterday team defense was reminiscent of last season start... the "home plate" was a free zone

Goal #1 : Shot bounces back right in the slot, which was a bit lucky, Murray has to push over, Hagel (not covered by anyone) finds a hole. Anyone blaming the goalie here has no idea about hockey

Goal #2 : Hawks own the front of the net again, Murray makes a point blank save on Carpenter but Kane gets the rebound and freely goes on his backhand to score. Anyone blaming the goalie here has even less idea about hockey

Goal #3 : Kind of a lucky goal but just another battle that we lost, Norris deflects it in his own net at the last second. Anyone blaming the goalie here doesn't really have an idea about hockey

Goal #4 : This was just after goal #3, Sens D zone again a place where you have all the time and space you need. Murray could have saved that one but it was a cross crease one-timer from Patrick Kane who totally owned the Sens all game. Kane kinda missed his shot which might have tricked Murray. As a goalie, I can tell you that these can actually be harder to stop than a point blank one-timer because you can't really anticipate the shot trajectory

Goal #5 : Game was already lost at that point. I thought this was maybe the worst goal given by Murray and it was a breakaway against one of the most skilled players in history :laugh:

Go back to our start last season and maybe use your head a little

:laugh:

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Weirdly. I thought yesterday was Josh Browns best game of the season BY FAR. And Mete as well. That pair might be starting to mesh to the level it was at to end last year
Brown has only had 1 bad game and it was a doozy. Being fair Del Zotto would slot in for Zaitsev on the second pair with Holden.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah I really noticed Sanford a bunch of times making good plays.
Best I’ve seen him for sure.

Reactions: Deku

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Really wasn't. We were badly outplayed by Dallas except for our top line and top D and goaltending.

If it wasn't for Gustavsson we'd be facing two real bad losses in a row. Dallas outplayed us in every statistic save for giveaways.

We're heading towards a bottom 5 finish. Idc. But if we don't bring in serious assets this offseason like top 4 D and top 6 C, I am done with pathetic management.

Eh I disagree.

I think the entire team played really well against Dallas, while the entire team played like crap tonight against the Blackhawks (a few notable exceptions on the fourth line)

That’s what I meant by opposite.

As for a bottom 5 finish? I doubt it, but then again there is always a silver lining if that happens.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I think we are missing 1 forward to slot everyone properly. Young but properly slotted and quite solid.

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stuetzle Pinto XXX
Paul Tierney Brown
Sanford Gambrell Watson

XXX is vital and we don’t have anyone coming soon. If we don’t want to try and get Giroux how about Toffoli if the next GM retools the Habs ?

We could also move Stuetzle to RW and move Brady back one spot

XXX-Norris Batherson
Tkachuk-Pinto Stuetzle
Paul Tierney Brown

XXX could be reserved for whoever is hot, including Formenton, Sanford or Sokolov in the AHL. Tkachuk should open up a lot of space for Stuetzle

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I would still make a move for Monahan if its cheap (a couple 2nd rounders?) if Buffalo trades Eichel to Flames

He is not tied up long term and he seriously needs a change of scenery

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I would still make a move for Monahan if its cheap (a couple 2nd rounders?) if Buffalo trades Eichel to Flames

He is not tied up long term and he seriously needs a change of scenery
I mean im sure every team would trade a couple second rounders to get him. Its going to cost more than that, and at this point for this organization it doesnt make sense to give up alot of futures for anything yet.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I mean im sure every team would trade a couple second rounders to get him. Its going to cost more than that, and at this point for this organization it doesnt make sense to give up alot of futures for anything yet.
It more depends on what Buffalo wants. If Monahan won't waive for them maybe he waives for us and we initiate a 3 way. If they want picks and prospects I'm game to play. Don't think Monahan is return any A level prospects or picks

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
LMAO.

Come on man. It was a trap game for sure. I could feel it before the game. Winless team, playing a young team on the road, etc..

But this wasn't some supernatural event. The team shat the bed. Period. Our lack of depth was on full display and our best players weren't at their best.

Burn the tape and move on without excuses.

Lack of depth??? It wasn't just our best players that had a bad game. It was lines 1-3. Even guys like Paul and CBrown had uncharacteristically bad games. Literally the only players that had a good game was the 4th line (Sanford, Gambrell, Shaw) and the bottom pair (JBrown, Mete). And maaaaybe Chabot.

No team is the league is going to win games if their 4th line and 3rd pair are the only players to show up.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It more depends on what Buffalo wants. If Monahan won't waive for them maybe he waives for us and we initiate a 3 way. If they want picks and prospects I'm game to play. Don't think Monahan is return any A level prospects or picks
History of players being traded like Monahan says different unfortunately.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Stuetzle Pinto XXX
Paul Tierney Brown
Sanford Gambrell Watson

If the price is low; like one of our 2nds and a lower tier prospect- I'd be all for getting Toffoli

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad