Speculation: Sens attendance projections for 19-20

What number of fans (freebies included) do you feel the Sens will average in 19-20?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
All depends on how many freebies they give away this year. My assumption is that there will be multiple nights with sub 10000 people. AND, they still have 4-5 months to embarrass themselves further and make it even worse.

Reactions: Beville

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I got call from a rep a day or two ago wondering if i was interested in renewing after I had cancelled a few seasons back, poor folks have the toughest job in the world. I passed along my harsh critisizms of Euegen both as a human being and Owner of the Senators and advised the second he sells the team of even perhaps takes a 49% share to give me a call as I will instantly renew...until then I plan to continue to limit allowing any of my funds to reach Eugene's pocket in any manner.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Around 11,000-13,000.
TSN1200 has given a bunch of season tickets away, I think, and there will be a bunch of comps per night.
I think P.R. Dorion has been saying they want to make a playoff run this year as well, or at least contend for a spot, so if the team lingers the place will vacate.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I got call from a rep a day or two ago wondering if i was interested in renewing after I had cancelled a few seasons back, poor folks have the toughest job in the world. I passed along my harsh critisizms of Euegen both as a human being and Owner of the Senators and advised the second he sells the team of even perhaps takes a 49% share to give me a call as I will instantly renew...until then I plan to continue to limit allowing any of my funds to reach Eugene's pocket in any manner.
I wonder if this kind of message gets relayed back to the upper management.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
It absolutely should. Their sales team should have tons of internal stats documenting all of this.

But when it comes to Senators, you have to question if they even employ the most standard of practices.
They probably have 3-4 interns and an excel spreadsheet to manage season ticket sales.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I wonder if this kind of message gets relayed back to the upper management.

Good question , I always encourage them to pass it along and or do with it as they would like and have offered to have in person meetings and provided detailed analysis including charts, stats, diagrams etc... all to no response basically. A normal human may take some of these clearly justifiable criticism's and truly reflect on it learn from it and make changes to their approach in the future. Eugene has proven he is far from normal and that he will not change, having heard too many personal business stories from direct sources that work with him, I can guarantee nobody is passing on any criticism to him that plans to keep their job for the rest of the day, you can take that to the bank!

Reactions: bert and DJB

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
My gut tells me that the Sens won't let the official number go below 10,000, but that tickets sold will be under 9,000 per game. (Even less if you take out the Habs/Leafs games).

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think it will be even worse than this year. All the stars have been dealt away and the city has checked out on the organization with there being no hope under the current regime of incompetence.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Anyone know when the season ticket numbers get into the public sphere?

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
I think the average will be in the mid 14's. The entire city has checked out on the organization, but they will still paper the seats to make it less of an embarrassment. I refused free tickets several times last season, simply because I knew I'd end up getting atleast something small from concessions and I refuse to give Melnyk another red cent of my money. The second he sells I will commit to a season's seat package.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I think the average will be in the mid 14's. The entire city has checked out on the organization, but they will still paper the seats to make it less of an embarrassment. I refused free tickets several times last season, simply because I knew I'd end up getting atleast something small from concessions and I refuse to give Melnyk another red cent of my money. The second he sells I will commit to a season's seat package.

The entire city, eh? LOL

Pretty sure attendance will be same as last year unless they sign a few new/old people.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
The entire city, eh? LOL

Pretty sure attendance will be same as last year unless they sign a few new/old people.

Obvious hyperbole. Certainly feels like the whole city though. I know its anecdotal but all of my STH friends have cancelled, true die-hard types.
We lost 4 of our biggest players this past year, no way attendance remains the same. Just my 0.02.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The entire city, eh? LOL

The only way attendance gets anywhere close to last year is they are giving away 40-50% of the tickets.

The season ticket base has been decimated. Losing Stone was the final straw for many of the holdouts who kept their seats while the Sens dumped their Captain and generational Dman.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The only way attendance gets anywhere close to last year is they are giving away 40-50% of the tickets.

The season ticket base has been decimated. Losing Stone was the final straw for many of the holdouts who kept their seats while the Sens dumped their Captain and generational Dman.

No it wasn't, knowing sucking is on the way hurt sales. And before you pretend you know all these hundreds apon hundreds of people that told you so. Nope

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
We lost 4 of our biggest players this past year, no way attendance remains the same. Just my 0.02.
The Sens shipped out two of the most popular players in franchise history in the last year. The return for both players was underwhelming. Both players wanted to stay in Ottawa, but were shipped out as part of a financially motivated firesale.

Anyone who attempts to diminish the impact this will have on the season ticket base or ticket sales in general is either a fool or being disingenuous to promote a narrative/create an argument.

The question is not if it will have negative impact, but how catastrophic it will be.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They have replace a generational Dman with another IMO in Chabot & they have another supposed elite D-man in Brannstrom coming soon. Tkachuk has turned into a pretty good & very popular player as has White to a lesser extent & most realize that they have a number of good prospects who are almost NHL ready & they have a ton of draft picks that could be used to select more good players for the future of the team.

Yes, attendance is down & likely won't increase for a while at least until the team starts winning consistently again & it's wait & see if EM can afford to hang onto the team for a while longer. My guess is that he is a stubborn A-hole who won't give in until the absolute last minute which may or may never come, at least not for another yr or two.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
They have replace a generational Dman with another IMO in Chabot & they have another supposed elite D-man in Brannstrom coming soon. Tkachuk has turned into a pretty good & very popular player as has White to a lesser extent & most realize that they have a number of good prospects who are almost NHL ready & they have a ton of draft picks that could be used to select more good players for the future of the team.

Yes, attendance is down & likely won't increase for a while at least until the team starts winning consistently again & it's wait & see if EM can afford to hang onto the team for a while longer. My guess is that he is a stubborn A-hole who won't give in until the absolute last minute which may or may never come, at least not for another yr or two.
Chabot is a long way from generational. Hope he gets there, but that is pure hyperbole at this point.

Tkachuk is your cup of tea. Personally I’ll be glad when daddy prices him out of town and fans can stop gushing about him. Some were idiotic enough to suggest they’d rather have Brady than Dahlin or Pettersson.

White is nothing special. Good serviceable NHLer, but not someone to fill seats.

The Sens have a decent prospect pool and a few extra picks. Even if everything does pan out, Eugene will just ship them out when it is time to pay.

Attendance will be in the crapper this year and they will have to paper like crazy to make it appear somewhat respectable. It has little to nothing to do with winning and everything to do with the massive disconnect between the org and the fans. Pretending it is about the W/L column is going to have the Sens brass scratching their heads IF they ever start winning again and the fans don’t come back. They (and apparently you) just don’t get it.

This city is completely done with this POS owner.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
The team traded away two of the most popular players in team history because the owner is a cheap lying prick.
Pretending this is just about the W/L record is ludicrous.

Players don’t last forever anyway, there was zero problems until the team started missing the playoffs, how was attendance with these two most popular players over the last couple years again?
It’s weird all teams suffer with a poor on ice product and always have,but somehow to fit your personal opinion this is ignored

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Players don’t last forever anyway, there was zero problems until the team started missing the playoffs, how was attendance with these two most popular players over the last couple years again?
It’s weird all teams suffer with a poor on ice product and always have,but somehow to fit your personal opinion this is ignored
Only one of the two was here for both seasons and the downturn in attendance coincided with the owner threatening to move the team and the GM speculating about trading our generational Dman. Melnyk had already played the “cut costs during rebuild but then spend when the time was right” card. The team gets a goal away from the cup final, while raking in playoff revenue and then the lying sack of shit cut spending instead of keeping his promise.

Even you can’t deny the obvious. The fanbase is done with Eugene.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad