Pre-Game Talk: Sens at Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Colorado is definitely beatable. I'd say we have a good chance. Sucks to wait until Wednesday though.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Would be nice if we kept the same lines since, you know, we've won 4 in a row? I guess Mr. Turnover has to come back at some point though.

Is this game on TV?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Remember when they kept Methot out when he was healthy. How'd that work out? You shouldn't lose your spot to injury.

We hadn't won 4 in a row when we scracthed Methot
Methot is our best defensive defenceman. no reason he should ever be a healthy scratch
Spezza sucks

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We hadn't won 4 in a row when we scracthed Methot
Methot is our best defensive defenceman. no reason he should ever be a healthy scratch
Spezza sucks

I'm not eager to see Spezza come back and mess with the chemistry, but let's be real here, he was never going to be a healthy scratch. I'm just glad Maclean isn't messing with the lines too much just to cater to the captain.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'm not eager to see Spezza come back and mess with the chemistry, but let's be real here, he was never going to be a healthy scratch. I'm just glad Maclean isn't messing with the lines too much just to cater to the captain.

Yeah, I'm just kidding around mostly. I didn't expect to see Spezz be a healthy scratch either. I guess I'm just frustrated with his play this year.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I want to see a coach fight. Paul Maclean vs. Patrick Roy

make-it-so-captain_zpsb7c3ab23.jpeg

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Very happy to see Maclean keep those 3 lines together, and a lot of us have wanted to see Spezza and Stone play together so here's out chance. Both Stone and Smith have been playing well the last few games, and while speed isn't going to be great with that line, the size and skill should make up for it. Having two big bodies might help Spezza create enough time and space to work his magic as well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
We're on a 4 game win streak with a very inconsistent team, playing against a team that has played much better than us.

There are two scenarios that can play out tomorrow.

1) We win, but all credit is given to everyone but Spezza (we'll ignore that the team has been playing this way since before he was injured) and we'll have won despite him being in the line-up.

2) We lose, and all blame will be placed on Spezza rejoining the line-up (because every player on the team forgets how to play when he's on the ice).

Looking forward to this one!

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
We're on a 4 game win streak with a very inconsistent team, playing against a team that has played much better than us.

There are two scenarios that can play out tomorrow.

1) We win, but all credit is given to everyone but Spezza (we'll ignore that the team has been playing this way since before he was injured) and we'll have won despite him being in the line-up.

2) We lose, and all blame will be placed on Spezza rejoining the line-up (because every player on the team forgets how to play when he's on the ice).

Looking forward to this one!

The pointy sticks are being sharpened

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Projection if we win this game the zibby line scores the turris line scores and the spezza line scores twice.... Plus I think e.k.65 burries one tonight. I have a feeling....last time i made a projection like this was the winnipeg game and i was spot on........so here goes.

In any event GO SENS GO!!!!!!

Spezza find your form again. I miss loving you brah.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Go to Sens TV on the official site and see the post practice interview. It's like he's half joking, but I'm not sure. Sounded passive aggresive to me but i could be way off.

After watching the interview, I think some people are looking too hard for a negative haha. It sure seemed like he was just joking about how people criticize his line juggling. He even made a quip about how the 4th line played pretty good last game and "at least I get to change up one line that is doing good"

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
This game is a coin toss. The Sens can't keep winning forever and may be due for a letdown game, and the Avs are a very strong team. But if the Sens keep playing well they have the potential to beat anyone right now.

I'm calling an OT game on Wed.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Here we go again:

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 14m
Les trios: Greening-Spezza-Stone, MacArthur-Turris-Ryan, Conacher-ZBad-Michalek, Kassian-Smith-Condra. Pageau et Neil

I wouldn't be surprised if MacArthur starts with Spezza tomorrow :facepalm:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I would prefer

MacArthur/Turris/Ryan
Conacher/Zibanejad/Michalek
Greening/Spezza/Stone
Kassian/Smith/Condra
Pageau

Here we go again:

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 14m
Les trios: Greening-Spezza-Stone, MacArthur-Turris-Ryan, Conacher-ZBad-Michalek, Kassian-Smith-Condra. Pageau et Neil

I wouldn't be surprised if MacArthur starts with Spezza tomorrow :facepalm:

Called it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad