Pre-Game Talk: Sens at Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
I like that line up. If Spezza can get going that would give us 3 solid lines and good/fast 4th line. The captain doesn't get a lot of love around here these days but, as a fan of the Sens, I want him to succeed for the team and for himself.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm a big fan of those lines..I couldn't imagine a better set up. Yeah Smith has been a beast in the circle, but if Spezza gets kicked out, you wouldn't lose anything.

You got Smith to bang in the corners and be the defensive presence, he can also score some goals, and Stone can keep up with Spezza's passes and bury the puck himself.

While Greening and Condra are pretty bad offensively, Pageau can create some chances by himself and anyone is better than Kassian. Not an ideal line per se, but at least they will be a good possession / defensive line, and they give you the ability to roll 4 lines the whole game.

I, along with many others had been questioning Mac's lineup decisions all year, but this is perfect. Honestly, I think with as much success as Paul has had since coming into the league, and how the season has gone so far, he's been frustrated and lost some confidence in his decisions. I think this win streak is bringing out the Jack Adams coach again.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I love those lines. Only other set-up I'd like more is:

Michalek - Spezza - Stone
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Conacher - Zibanejad - Pageau
Greening - Smith - Condra

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
So Pageau cannot play LW at all? I was loving the Greening-Smith-Condra line (such beasts), but Greening-Pageau-Condra was pretty beastial last spring. Can't complain.

Kassian will deter from the pressbox. Guy likes.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
While Greening and Condra are pretty bad offensively, Pageau can create some chances by himself and anyone is better than Kassian. Not an ideal line per se, but at least they will be a good possession / defensive line, and they give you the ability to roll 4 lines the whole game.

Yes exactly. My memory is bad, but wasn't the Greening - Pageau - Condra line that was causing havoc in the playoffs last year? Maybe this will get Pageau scoring as well. In any case, for some weird reason Greening + Condra = magic.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Lines should be

Mac - Turret - Ryan
MIchalek - Zibby - Honey Badger
Pageau - Spezza - Stone

why?

Smith - Spezza - Stone is too slow. They are also not great defensively and could get pinned down in their own end. Put Pageau in there to add some speed and defensive IQ

plus the Greening - Smith - Condra line has been good keep them intact. Condra does wonderful things for that line.

either way the lines are ok but thats the change i would make.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Lines should be

Mac - Turret - Ryan
MIchalek - Zibby - Honey Badger
Pageau - Spezza - Stone

why?

Smith - Spezza - Stone is too slow. They are also not great defensively and could get pinned down in their own end. Put Pageau in there to add some speed and defensive IQ

plus the Greening - Smith - Condra line has been good keep them intact. Condra does wonderful things for that line.

either way the lines are ok but thats the change i would make.

The big problem is that I don't think Pageau translates well to wing, while Smith has done that in the past and done it well.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Funny how time changes so fast. Last time we played them in Colorado was the season from hell in 2010-2011.

Here is some fun facts from that game for those who don't remember:
- Pascal Leclaire was supposed to start that game and got hurt in the warm-up and never played another game for us again.
- Brian Elliott vs Craig Anderson was the goalie match up. Who would have thought a couple months later they would switch uniforms?
- We lost 6-5 in OT that game and in natural sens fashion, we had the lead, blew it late and lost in OT.
- Elliott's numbers, 6 GA in 25 shots, 760 SV pct. Par for course that season really :cry:
- Anderson's numbers, 5 GA in 29 shots, 828 SV pct.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Those lines?

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Huston

Sep 23, 2006
London
Funny how time changes so fast. Last time we played them in Colorado was the season from hell in 2010-2011.

Here is some fun facts from that game for those who don't remember:
- Pascal Leclaire was supposed to start that game and got hurt in the warm-up and never played another game for us again.
- Brian Elliott vs Craig Anderson was the goalie match up. Who would have thought a couple months later they would switch uniforms?
- We lost 6-5 in OT that game and in natural sens fashion, we had the lead, blew it late and lost in OT.
- Elliott's numbers, 6 GA in 25 shots, 760 SV pct. Par for course that season really :cry:
- Anderson's numbers, 5 GA in 29 shots, 828 SV pct.

Brian Elliot plays for the Blues.

Last edited:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
LOVE those lines! I want to shake P-Mac's hand, I had zero faith that he was going to leave all 3 clicking lines intact.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
LOVE those lines! I want to shake P-Mac's hand, I had zero faith that he was going to leave all 3 clicking lines intact.

If Smith and Pageau were switched it would be a hell of a lot better.

The way it is now, we have a snail line with Spezz Stoner and Smitty, while Pageau won't be able to win a draw if his life depended on it to create any offense with his line mates.

Why not switch them?

Pageau Spezza Stone
Greening Smith Condra

Way better.

But if Kass isn't in it won't make a hill of beans difference anyway. Auto-loss, book it. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad