Rumor: Sens are looking at Puljujarvi

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
You are getting Benson as well.

The Sens fan base may be as inept as their management.

Pageau and Batherson

For

Benson and Pulj

Geez guys. Really?

Anyways... I don’t even actually care. Too busy being pissed about stone, Karlsson, Turris, zibanejad, duchene.. Hoffman whatever

Good. don't have to see your garbage proposals around then.

It's clear your the one who has no idea how highly batherson is valued. Also, pageau can easily get 2 seconds at the deadline.

Go back to the oiler's board. It's clear you have no idea about the sens players/values.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Pageau and Batherson

For

Benson and Pulj

Geez guys. Really?

Anyways... I don’t even actually care. Too busy being pissed about stone, Karlsson, Turris, zibanejad, duchene.. Hoffman whatever

the fact that you think that’s a fair trade for Ottawa is laughable.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Good. don't have to see your garbage proposals around then.

It's clear your the one who has no idea how highly batherson is valued. Also, pageau can easily get 2 seconds at the deadline.

Go back to the oiler's board. It's clear you have no idea about the sens players/values.

Lol.. naw I actually know BOTH teams. That’s why I can suggest a trade that’s actually interesting where as you over value your own prospects and undervalue the Oilers.

Benson and Batherson are essentially the same prospect. It’s a crap shoot on both of them.. I’d give the edge slightly to Batherson right now as he could play today. Which would be the whole point of the swap.. benson “could” play today on the Sens by the way. But if the Oilers got him down right now maybe the Sens should too.

Essentially this trade assumes Pulj would be willing to play for the Sens. He would slot into your lineup TODAY. And has a ceiling of first line winger.

You don’t have to like the proposal but you don’t have to call it garbage either.. it’s YOU that isn’t gauging value properly.

Edmonton is giving the Sens TWO projected top six players for 1.. and a 3C.. is even say he is a good 3C.. but it’s a 3C anyway you cut it. Ottawa is set down the middle until they upgrade on what they have they don’t NEED Pageau. Toerney can slot there. He’ll send Tierney over in the trade instead of Pageau whatever lol.. potatoe.. potatoe

Value is there. You are just giving no value to Benson and to Pulj which by the way if the Sens are giving no value to Pulj and are trying to trade for him.. they aren’t gonna get him. Prepare to be giving up some value for him.. I was just trying to make it interesting. This is a trade board after all.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Because Batherson is so much better then Benson?

I know nothing about Benson, but I wouldn’t move Batherson right now. I also wouldn’t trade Pageau for pool party. I’m sorry, I’m not trying to offend you, I just think it’s a bad deal for Ottawa. That’s it that’s all.

Reactions: Steeler23

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
I know nothing about Benson, but I wouldn’t move Batherson right now. I also wouldn’t trade Pageau for pool party. I’m sorry, I’m not trying to offend you, I just think it’s a bad deal for Ottawa. That’s it that’s all.

Fair enough. That’s what I figured.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009

How do you know though? How do you know it’s a bad deal for Ottawa if you know nothing about Benson?

I mean you come out swinging.. I just assumed you knew what you were talking about.

There were some pick swaps in there to help compensate for the Pulj for Pageau part of the deal and the fact that Batherson is a step ahead in development.

As I said I would be willing to do the Oilers first against the Sens 3rd..

But that will get received with much flack from the Oilers fan base so if Sens even say no to that.. then.. whatever you know what I mean lol

Last edited:

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Lol.. naw I actually know BOTH teams. That’s why I can suggest a trade that’s actually interesting where as you over value your own prospects and undervalue the Oilers.

Benson and Batherson are essentially the same prospect. It’s a crap shoot on both of them.. I’d give the edge slightly to Batherson right now as he could play today. Which would be the whole point of the swap.. benson “could” play today on the Sens by the way. But if the Oilers got him down right now maybe the Sens should too.

Essentially this trade assumes Pulj would be willing to play for the Sens. He would slot into your lineup TODAY. And has a ceiling of first line winger.

You don’t have to like the proposal but you don’t have to call it garbage either.. it’s YOU that isn’t gauging value properly.

Edmonton is giving the Sens TWO projected top six players for 1.. and a 3C.. is even say he is a good 3C.. but it’s a 3C anyway you cut it. Ottawa is set down the middle until they upgrade on what they have they don’t NEED Pageau. Toerney can slot there. He’ll send Tierney over in the trade instead of Pageau whatever lol.. potatoe.. potatoe

Value is there. You are just giving no value to Benson and to Pulj which by the way if the Sens are giving no value to Pulj and are trying to trade for him.. they aren’t gonna get him. Prepare to be giving up some value for him.. I was just trying to make it interesting. This is a trade board after all.

Not going to waste anymore of my time. It's clear you don't understand how high the sens are on batherson which is why they would never move him. That's the thing your not getting. He's not available. I know this is a trade board but your making the proposal complicated for no reason.

If you think benson=batherson that's your opinion. I don't think that's true and I don't many people would agree with you either.

If pulji does get traded I can guarantee it won't be for anything close to what your thinking. And it's ridiculous how you say he has the ceiling of a first line winger when in the last 3 years he hasn't done shit. Seems to me that your the one who's doing the overrating.

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Not going to waste anymore of my time. It's clear you don't understand how high the sens are on batherson which is why they would never move him. That's the thing your not getting. He's not available. I know this is a trade board but your making the proposal complicated for no reason.

If you think benson=batherson that's your opinion. I don't think that's true and I don't many people would agree with you either.

If pulji does get traded I can guarantee it won't be for anything close to what your thinking. And it's ridiculous how you say he has the ceiling of a first line winger when in the last 3 years he hasn't done ****. Seems to me that your the one who's doing the overrating.

Batherson is aiiiight.

Benson is aiiighht.

They are basically the same prospect yeah, one more ready then the other. That’s it.

Oilers better now, Sens better later.

That’s how trades work. Oilers needs now, Sens need later.

I created a trade in which Sens lose nothing from their future.. Benson will make you just as happy as Batherson would Make the Oilers. One now and one starting next year.

Pulj is a wild card. With first line potential.

Pageau gonna be like an old timer by the time Sens compete again, I don’t think he should be part of the future plans. And like I said.. Oilers would take Tierney too if you value Pageau more lol (such a fan fav)

Then Oilers need to dump some cap on you too.

Hence the 1st let’s say (Cauz i would do it)

For Sens 3rd

And voila..

Benson + Pulj + 1st + cap dump

For

Batherson + Pageau / Tierney + 3rd + you’ll prob want to send a contract Oilers way(minors)

And you guys still say no? For real?

Batherson is really that much better then Benson? You sure?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Batherson is aiiiight.

Benson is aiiighht.

They are basically the same prospect yeah, one more ready then the other. That’s it.

Oilers better now, Sens better later.

That’s how trades work. Oilers needs now, Sens need later.

I created a trade in which Sens lose nothing from their future.. Benson will make you just as happy as Batherson would Make the Oilers. One now and one starting next year.

Pulj is a wild card. With first line potential.

Pageau gonna be like an old timer by the time Sens compete again, I don’t think he should be part of the future plans. And like I said.. Oilers would take Tierney too if you value Pageau more lol (such a fan fav)

Then Oilers need to dump some cap on you too.

Hence the 1st let’s say (Cauz i would do it)

For Sens 3rd

And voila..

Benson + Pulj + 1st + cap dump

For

Batherson + Pageau / Tierney + 3rd + you’ll prob want to send a contract Oilers way(minors)

And you guys still say no? For real?

Batherson is really that much better then Benson? You sure?

Edmonton is absolutely not giving up an unprotected first for Pageau, and Benson is every bit the prospect Batherson is. This values Puljujarvi down to a throw in for a third rounder. I don’t care if Sens fans are saying no, this is highway robbery for them. No cap dump they could take would make this worthwhile.

Reactions: Chabot84

Chabot84

Oct 24, 2009
Edmonton is absolutely not giving up an unprotected first for Pageau, and Benson is every bit the prospect Batherson is. This values Puljujarvi down to a throw in for a third rounder. I don’t care if Sens fans are saying no, this is highway robbery for them. No cap dump they could take would make this worthwhile.

Exactly that’s why I wanted to see them reject the trade with a 1st thrown in.

Thank you!
Agree 100%

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Pageau and Batherson

For

Benson and Pulj

Geez guys. Really?

You say Benson and Batherson are similar. Take them out of the trade.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Lol exactly what I said 20 posts ago.... they ignored it and argued with everyone else - as a well-above-average-intelligence individual would

Yeah, Batherson and Benson are about as identical of prospects as can be had. Complete wash. Nearly identical AHL production last year as well.

They’re both solid prospects.

Reactions: JungleBeat

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, Batherson and Benson are about as identical of prospects as can be had. Complete wash. Nearly identical AHL production last year as well.

They’re both solid prospects.

I don’t completely agree with this but can accept it. What I can’t accept is that, in vacuum where they are identical, each team would want to swap the guy they know for an equal guy they don’t know as well, especially when the Sens positional need is RW and the reason given for the Oilers doing it - Batherson is more polished/has developed more - is in direct contradiction to everything we know about the players.

Reactions: Deku

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I could see prospects like Abramov, Davidsson, or Lajoie moving in a trade for pool party. Don't see Batherson, Formenton, or L. Brown going the other way.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Sounds like we should just let him play in Europe. The guy is 21, and showed flashes of dominance in the NHL He has the ability.

We should not trade him yet. Unless we get something juicy (which ain't gonna happen).

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
OILERS FANS
Hypothetically... Who is the best Oilers prospect you'd give up alongside your 2nd this year, for PoolParty?

Let the Hypothetical be that Ottawa has him under the same circumstances. So they picked him, he's in Finland, he won't play for the team, etc... Same thing just Ottawa instead of Edmonton.

Serious answers only, please.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
OILERS FANS
Hypothetically... Who is the best Oilers prospect you'd give up alongside your 2nd this year, for PoolParty?

Let the Hypothetical be that Ottawa has him under the same circumstances. So they picked him, he's in Finland, he won't play for the team, etc... Same thing just Ottawa instead of Edmonton.

Serious answers only, please.
Caleb Jones

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Has he played lately, working out? He always seemed immature or unintelligent too me, He still could be top six later on in his career. The kids got a weird smile on him, hopefully he doesn’t lose it!

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Has he played lately, working out?H He always seemed immature or unintelligent too me, He still could be top six later on in his career. The kids got a weird smile on him, hopefully he doesn’t lose it!

That's sarcasm right?

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I would trade him for secondary scoring winger. Looking for a team that is going rebuild mode. That way, we can take a higher priced gun, for pool and benning. 2 young guys...or Russell instead of benning.

We would need a contract no more then 4-5 mill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad