Rumor: Sens are looking at Puljujarvi

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Prospect is way too vague of a term. That could mean Jacob Bernard-Docker, or it could mean Nick Paul. Big difference.

Nick Paul played 18 minutes tonight. Granted, there were other factors that could have caused that uptick - but to me this seems like he could have been showcased. That's a huge jump from his usual 8 or so minutes.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I could see Puljujarvi being part of a deal for Tierney. The Sens would have to accept a cap dump and the Oilers would have to send a little more value.

Something like Puljujarvi + 2nd + Gagner for Tierney.

I'm fairly sure that this would be worth it for Edmonton. Not so sure for Ottawa though. They can get good value for Tierney anytime between now and the deadline so they've got leverage.

Reactions: NB613

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I could see Puljujarvi being part of a deal for Tierney. The Sens would have to accept a cap dump and the Oilers would have to send a little more value.

I'm fairly sure that this would be worth it for Edmonton. Not so sure for Ottawa though. They can get good value for Tierney anytime between now and the deadline so they've got leverage.

Tambo, that you? What an awful proposal. Edmonton doesn't give that up for Chris f***ing Tierney. :laugh:

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
look out hollands bout to rob another gm :nod:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Tambo, that you? What an awful proposal. Edmonton doesn't give that up for Chris ****ing Tierney. :laugh:

lol that's atrocious for Ottawa. Tierney actually got 50 points last year.

I'd sooner believe that Ottawa could get more for Tierney than I'd believe that Edmonton could get better help elsewhere.

Imagine a team with zero scoring (literally zero points) from their third and fourth lines adding a 3C who regularly pots 40-50 pts. And he's not Gagner either: he can defend and PK (and has a shorty already this year).

Reactions: qqaz and NB613

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Holland would be wise to stay stubborn with Puljujarvi's trade value. He currently leads his team in goals, by a long shot, and is a paramount reason they're having success.
Remember, he's still only 21 yrs old, a big body that can skate with the fastest stride for stride, with a wicked laser of a wrist shot.

It's no surprise, that multiple teams are looking at him right now, especially those who need offense. And he's no rookie to the NHL either, he could come in and really give a team some life, under the right circumstances.

Oiler fans know, the games where Jesse is feeling it, skating hard, using his body and taking multiple shots on net from any angle, he's a dominant force on the ice. Alot of his mishaps are mental lapses, and I think if Carolina were the team to snatch him, reuniting him with Aho would awaken the sleeping dragon. No offense to Ottawa, but I don't see a fit there, from both sides

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

I don’t mind taking Gagner, but this deal would put Ottawa at 50 contracts. If we could send back a minor league forward (we currently have too many) I’d likely do it.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
ignore his edmonton stint as obviously it was a bad fit

you wouldnt be willing to swap a 2nd round pick for a 21 year old whos 2nd in liiga in goals?

Hard to ignore the Edmonton stunt though, however the more I think about it, the more I would be inclined to do something like a 2nd and a fringe prospect like Chlapik.

I dunno...can he be righted in the nhl?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad