Rumor: Sens are looking at Puljujarvi

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Lol.. naw I actually know BOTH teams. That’s why I can suggest a trade that’s actually interesting where as you over value your own prospects and undervalue the Oilers.

Benson and Batherson are essentially the same prospect. It’s a crap shoot on both of them.. I’d give the edge slightly to Batherson right now as he could play today. Which would be the whole point of the swap.. benson “could” play today on the Sens by the way. But if the Oilers got him down right now maybe the Sens should too.

Essentially this trade assumes Pulj would be willing to play for the Sens. He would slot into your lineup TODAY. And has a ceiling of first line winger.

You don’t have to like the proposal but you don’t have to call it garbage either.. it’s YOU that isn’t gauging value properly.

Edmonton is giving the Sens TWO projected top six players for 1.. and a 3C.. is even say he is a good 3C.. but it’s a 3C anyway you cut it. Ottawa is set down the middle until they upgrade on what they have they don’t NEED Pageau. Toerney can slot there. He’ll send Tierney over in the trade instead of Pageau whatever lol.. potatoe.. potatoe

Value is there. You are just giving no value to Benson and to Pulj which by the way if the Sens are giving no value to Pulj and are trying to trade for him.. they aren’t gonna get him. Prepare to be giving up some value for him.. I was just trying to make it interesting. This is a trade board after all.

Two projected first line players e?

Thanks for letting us know we dont have to take you seriously.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
OILERS FANS
Hypothetically... Who is the best Oilers prospect you'd give up alongside your 2nd this year, for PoolParty?

Let the Hypothetical be that Ottawa has him under the same circumstances. So they picked him, he's in Finland, he won't play for the team, etc... Same thing just Ottawa instead of Edmonton.

Serious answers only, please.
The only prospects I wouldn't move with a 2nd for a player equal to Pulujarvi are Bouchard and Broberg. The rest would be completely on the table. Jones, Benson, Yamamoto, etc, all available.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd sooner believe that Ottawa could get more for Tierney than I'd believe that Edmonton could get better help elsewhere.

Imagine a team with zero scoring (literally zero points) from their third and fourth lines adding a 3C who regularly pots 40-50 pts. And he's not Gagner either: he can defend and PK (and has a shorty already this year).
upload_2019-10-28_8-45-49.png

hE cAn dEfEnD

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
lol nobody cares about pageau. people care you added batherson in there and think he has similar value to benson. for some who says he's a fan of both teams you seem to have no idea who drake batherson is and you overrate pulji (superstar? really). :laugh:

What makes Batherson far superior to Benson?
FTR, I'd do a Batherson for Benson swap but they are fairly similar level prospects.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Okay, now factor in when he was default 1st line centre on a last place team that traded away Mark Stone, Matt Duchene and Ryan Dzingle.

I'll wait.
thats 3 year so includes the time in SJ too. also RAPM adjusts for qot and qoc

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Would really like Pageau. What would the Oilers need to add to get him?

I am starting to think the Sens will do whatever they can to re-sign Pageau. He has 6 pts and is +11 on a team that has lost 8 of its 11 games played. He's a great PKer, heart & soul kind of guy & is still young.

I think theres close to 0% chance that we trade him without looking into an extension (but honestly what do I know). Just a guess but I suspect we would lean to retaining Pageau over Tierney if that's what it comes down to.

Reactions: SensFactor

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Pageau likely not going anywhere. Local boy that Dorion loves and will try to resign. Tierney, Anisimov, Boedker, Ryan, Namestnikov and some prospects in the Ahl (Abramov, Davidsson, Formenton) are probably up for grabs at the deadline.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
There's no way I'd give Jones+2nd for Pulju.
I can see why Sens fans wouldn't want to part with much more than a 2nd.
Well we have a bias against Puljujarvi because he rejected the Oilers.
If someone similar with Pulju's upside was available for Jones +2nd we would easily pay the price. (Gusev at the start of season)

Kassian, Granlund, Gagner, Haas, Jurco , Chiasson and whatever shit Oilers have playing is just not enough.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Would really like Pageau. What would the Oilers need to add to get him?

2nd round pick plus a prospect or another pick. Ottawa could likely take Gagner back for salary reasons.

not sure the Sens will move him though. He could still be re-signed. We’ll see.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
2nd round pick plus a prospect or another pick. Ottawa could likely take Gagner back for salary reasons.

not sure the Sens will move him though. He could still be re-signed. We’ll see.
Puljujarvi+ 2nd + another prospect for Pageau...
What did OTT get for Karlsson, Duchene, Dzingle, Hoffman, Stone again?
Pageau for a very late 2nd is OTT will get at deadline if they are out of the race and can't re-sign him

Reactions: belair

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Puljujarvi+ 2nd + another prospect for Pageau...
What did OTT get for Karlsson, Duchene, Dzingle, Hoffman, Stone again?
Pageau for a very late 2nd is OTT will get at deadline if they are out of the race and can't re-sign him

why are you being difficult? I never said anything about Pool Party. If you don’t want Pageau, fine. Don’t waste my time then.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
why are you being difficult? I never said anything about Pool Party. If you don’t want Pageau, fine. Don’t waste my time then.
You responded to what Oilers "would have to add" ..Pulju being in it was assumed.
2nd + prospect would be fair for Pageau. Apologies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
You responded to what Oilers "would have to add" ..Pulju being in it was assumed.
2nd + prospect would be fair for Pageau. Apologies.

oh, I’m sorry, that’s my bad. Sorry about that. Yes, I think his value is a 2nd plus another asset. Who knows though? As posters on here we can debate what a player is worth, but we are just goofballs on a message board, so we won’t always be right.

For instance, I thought Trouba would return more. You never know I guess.

Cheers, and once again I aplologize.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Pageau likely not going anywhere. Local boy that Dorion loves and will try to resign. Tierney, Anisimov, Boedker, Ryan, Namestnikov and some prospects in the Ahl (Abramov, Davidsson, Formenton) are probably up for grabs at the deadline.

Yeah Pageau is a guy better served playing 4th line minutes when Brown White Norris slot in at 1-3, as he can still contribute in ways other than offensively. Tierney’s best served playing higher up in the lineup for a team to benefit from his presence. I don’t believe he’s the defensive liability many claim that he is (he’s good on face offs and kills penalties well) but he’s not a relentlessly grinding checker like Pageau is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad