Rumor: Sens are looking at Puljujarvi

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Well we have a bias against Puljujarvi because he rejected the Oilers.
If someone similar with Pulju's upside was available for Jones +2nd we would easily pay the price. (Gusev at the start of season)

Kassian, Granlund, Gagner, Haas, Jurco , Chiasson and whatever **** Oilers have playing is just not enough.

Gusev led the KHL in scoring for 2 straight years and he dominated at the WC. He was a coveted asset.

Pulju is a player who looked bad in his NHL stint in 3 years showing virtually no signs of high level skill and came off looking real bad with his public trade request. I wouldn't want to give up much for that player and it seems like NHL GMs think the same.

The 2nd+Jones proposal would be too rich for my blood if he was offered to the Oilers. Jones is a player with value, not a throw in.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Gusev led the KHL in scoring for 2 straight years and he dominated at the WC. He was a coveted asset.

Pulju is a player who looked bad in his NHL stint in 3 years showing virtually no signs of high level skill and came off looking real bad with his public trade request. I wouldn't want to give up much for that player and it seems like NHL GMs think the same.

The 2nd+Jones proposal would be too rich for my blood if he was offered to the Oilers. Jones is a player with value, not a throw in.
Puljujarvi has a pretty good resume outside of Oilers as well. Pre draft he was a blue chip prospect and he is dominating whatever league he is playing in right now.

Puljujarvi would be a top 4 forward on Oilers if he was given some rope to make mistakes. Easily do Jones+2nd for him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Puljujarvi has a pretty good resume outside of Oilers as well. Pre draft he was a blue chip prospect and he is dominating whatever league he is playing in right now.

Puljujarvi would be a top 4 forward on Oilers if he was given some rope to make mistakes. Easily do Jones+2nd for him.

Puljujarvi is not dominating the Liiga finish league. Keep dreaming. He is performing well on a team that is 11-2 and got lots of talent. The same team he played for pre-draft and he looked good as well. It's encouraging to see him perform well. But until he does this in the NHL, it don't mean he has regained his 1st round value.

Lets compare to another player who is doing well in the Liiga league... Nattinen who has better stats this year vs Puljujarvi and is a former 2nd round pick in 2015. He is actually the leader on hi JYP team, unlike Puljujarvi on his team.

Skating and hockey IQ concerns have not disappeared with Puljujarvi

Mara

May 10, 2011
Puljujarvi is not dominating the Liiga finish league. Keep dreaming. He is performing well on a team that is 11-2 and got lots of talent. The same team he played for pre-draft and he looked good as well. It's encouraging to see him perform well. But until he does this in the NHL, it don't mean he has regained his 1st round value.

Lets compare to another player who is doing well in the Liiga league... Nattinen who has better stats this year vs Puljujarvi and is a former 2nd round pick in 2015. He is actually the leader on hi JYP team, unlike Puljujarvi on his team.

He's definitely miles better than he was the last time he played in the league, no surprises there. As for not dominating, that might be the case. It's also the case that he's one of the best players in the league atm. His line is a large reason why his team has done as well as it has, the other ones have been in a constant state of flux. He's good not just in terms of production but skating(that was a problem?), physical presence, attitude (backchecking etc). And the best thing about it is that he is improving, and fast. Lack of confidence from lackluster years in Edmonton was holding him back perhaps?

All of this is obviously the minimum he should be showing if he wants to have a future in the NHL, and even if he keeps improving it doesn't mean he'll be a force in the NHL. We won't know that until he actually plays there again.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd really like Puljujarvi to go to the Sens because I find that's where his best opportunity for ice-time is, if all goes well, whomever the first pick is, I assume Byfield is going to be a Sen, then maybe a line of Tkachuk-Byfield-Puljujarvi can be dominant for a long time.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Skating concerns?
Shows how much you have seen him play.
Also lol @ comparing him to a 28yo scrub.

Also looks like he will be playing for team Finland

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think he is Carolina bound .. Papa Aho being his current coach will factor in. Hopefully Holland is aiming much higher than Gauthier.

If Carolina wants him they better be forced to pay an extreme overpay. The blatent conspiracy by Aho, Carolina, and Aho's dad to get him trade outta Edmonton to Carolina should be looked at as tampering by the league. I'd rather see Pulju never play another NHL game and never get traded than see him goto Carolina.

Reactions: npanciroli

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You're going to be very disappointed in his return.

How so ? He not playing in the NHL , can't be any more disappointing then he has already been . It is also a plus already that he is not playing for the Oilers . Better for his development , Better for the team don't have him whining because Lucic yelled at him or what ever the rumour was .

This is both on Edmonton and Puljujarvi . If Puljujarvi wanted a NHL career he should have learn English before the draft . The Oilers also should have realized he could not be coached as he didn't know the language and should have hired a tutor for him .

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If Carolina wants him they better be forced to pay an extreme overpay. The blatent conspiracy by Aho, Carolina, and Aho's dad to get him trade outta Edmonton to Carolina should be looked at as tampering by the league. I'd rather see Pulju never play another NHL game and never get traded than see him goto Carolina.

We're to believe that Carolina is risking its reputation around the league and draft picks, the punishment of engaging in such a conspiracy, for a player that would likely be a healthy scratch come playoff time? C'mon dude. That makes wanting to not send him to a place that puts him in a position to succeed because you're concerned about optics sound rational by comparison.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
2nd and a prospect isn’t nothing. Honestly, I wouldn’t even give a 2nd for him right now, but that’s me.

What do you think his value is?

Value is subjective at the best of times . It is a risk for a team acquiring Puljujarvi . They don't want to over play and have him continue to be the player he was in Edmonton . It is also a risk for Edmonton to sell low on him . If he realize his potential with another team the Oilers will bad . They have to get some value . a 2nd and a low level prospect does not as the odds of them becoming an NHL player is very low .

Is his value that of a 3th OA where he was ranked ... No . Is it a 2nd ... Base on his play in the NHL to date it probably close but the kid has crazy skills . I think Edmonton needs late 1st rd pick value to move him . If anyone can get it Holland will . It is a wait and see as it only takes 1 GM to pay the price .

Oilforthecup

Apr 21, 2017
LOL.

No Oilers fan will mention coaches ruining him and you obviously never seen him play. He's definitely an NHL player... probably closer to speedy bottom-6 type right now (MPS 2.0) than a top-6 forward. He backchecks and skates like the wind. Defensively he's good. Offensively he's Bambi and bobbles the puck too much.

Skates like the wind? Really? He is hunched over at 90 degrees and looks like its a massive chore to even move on the ice. He looks like he's laboring constantly. No where near a "skates like the wind" type player. More like skates like he's winded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad