Confirmed with Link: Sens are a 50 million dollar team

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
No way we're paying Perry 8.2 when Spezz is getting 7 and Karlsson is getting 6.5. What kinda message would that send to the rest of the team.

It would tell them they signed contracts before Perry. That's all it would say, because that's how that works. Salaries creep up. If EK was a RFA this summer he'd have gotten more, if he was RFA in two summers, he'd get even more.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
I understand that it's a bit of a "taboo" to pay a new player more than your offensive veterns, but if i'm Spezza I don't think i'm complaining at all about making 7 million a year to play hockey :laugh: Perry has a SC, a Hart trophy and very good numbers so I would see no reason why he isn't deserving of a decent-sized salary.

If Anaheim is still in PO position they'll probably keep him until after the season or trade him to a non-playoff team for a top 6 forward, draft pick and probably a propsect. I still doubt he'll land here. We're not a hotspot for UFA's to be honest. We used to be back in 06/07 but most players know we're a young team that's still growing in terms of experience. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Don't let context get in the way of an agenda... The sens will spend there money smartly. If there is a chance to land an impact player, like Rick Nash last year or Perry this year, I expect the sens will make a push.

John Holmes*

Maybe the relationship with Murray and the opportunity to play with Spezza and Karlsson is enticing to Perry, but I'd have to think we're a longshot to get him.

He sure would look good on Spezza's wing. He'd be good for 40 easily. Only 27 years old.

He's in for a big payday.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Maybe the relationship with Murray and the opportunity to play with Spezza and Karlsson is enticing to Perry, but I'd have to think we're a longshot to get him.

He sure would look good on Spezza's wing. He'd be good for 40 easily. Only 27 years old.

The Sens probably have the assets to acquire Perry from the Ducks should he be made available at the trade deadline.

I do believe Murray will definitely get the nod from Melnyk to pursue Perry, but obviously on the condition Perry will sign in Ottawa.

So the question is will Perry consider finishing his career playing in Canada, if so, Ottawa specifically.

IMO Perry will accept a contract in the $7.5M range for 7 years.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Didn't Murray try to trade him? :laugh:

Anyways, I'd be willing to overpay for him, considering this is Ottawa, not New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad