Confirmed with Link: Sens are a 50 million dollar team

source

Jul 13, 2008
I thought his name was "The Spanky". Does anyone remember this poster?

He had 1000s of posts, and would only appear in threads created by "Fuhr86" (threads just like this) to back up his arguments.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
We'll all pitch in $5 each so you can really razzle dazzle her!

lol I don't think that would matter she really liked me in high school and I inadvertently broke her heart and I still hear about that. She is a simple girl not about cheddar, but a sucker for philosophy so any philosophy majors in the house I need to be educated ASAP.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
So are we broke ..lol..Or are we going to skim ..Makes me wonder how bad of shape money wise this team is in ..Guess we are already sold on believing and overachieving

Nash deal doesnt matter cause he would of cut lose salary of Folingo and Gonchar too offset salary on Nashs deal and Murray&Co planned on playing the kids for next 2 or 3 years with EL contracts too stay within budget

If we are 50 million dollar time we are over budget right now

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
So are we broke ..lol..Or are we going to skim ..Makes me wonder how bad of shape money wise this team is in
Don't we bring in more revenue than the average NHL teams? Good attendance and we're not giving tickets away. I have no reason to believe the team is in any way in bad shape.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Don't we bring in more revenue than the average NHL teams? Good attendance and we're not giving tickets away. I have no reason to believe the team is in any way in bad shape.

Last season or was it this one Euge said on radio Sens need too make the 2nd rd too just too make a profit ..

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Epic job jacking this from me Fuhr lol I posted it in the Trade Rumours thread a little while before you posted this I guess. I demand recognition!

But in all seriousness this isn't news. It's ****** because usually the team that wins the cup is spending a ton as well so it doesn't bode well for us. I really want EM to sell a portion of the franchise to a sports fan who has big pockets just so we can get the big names out there.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
I love when Fuhr takes quotes way out of context to push his agenda. What a waste of a thread.
He also said he was never going to post here until they fired Murray. Also said Burke was a better GM than Murray. I guess since he changed is handle to "The Great Behind", I mean Below, he figures no one will remember.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
I think Murry will try to make a play for Perry. I can see us trading Prince+Noesen +1st we have a lot of forward depth and need a true star winger and I can see Perry resigning. Convince Alfredsson to stay and we roll these on our top 6:

Alfredsson-Spezza-Perry
Michalek-Turris-Zibanejad

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
He also said he was never going to post here until they fired Murray. Also said Burke was a better GM than Murray. I guess since he changed is handle to "The Great Behind", I mean Below, he figures no one will remember.

So true.

:laugh:

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm curious if it's just wise cap management like, or if it's just the Sens not making any money.

If you read the passage it isn't because of how they manage the cap. It is the position they are in. They have a roster mostly made up of young players on low salaries. When we complete our rebuild I'm sure we'll be back to spending close to the max. Probably within five years from now.

backdoorpass

right now they dont have money to spend close to the cap.....but if there is an opportunity to sign a player and melnyk thinks it will put them over the top then he will allow it, make the playoffs this year i think would show him how good we can be and that if we can sign perry or a high end guy it will allow us to have the ability to be a 2nd round playoff team on average then it pays for it self, he just doesnt want to sign these guys like we have in past and maybe make playoffs because he lost money doing that

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Payroll doesn't mean as much in a cap world. As long as we're not the Islanders and adding players just to make the minimum I think we'll be fine.

We signed our big guys when we needed to. Spezza, Heatley, Alfredsson, Karlsson, etc.. The issue is finding players who are WORTH big bucks and attracting them to Ottawa.

The difference between a top payroll team and an absolute bottom one isn't huge. I'd rather they spent the money on coaching and scouting and we'll end up better in the long run.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Pay Perry 8 million and let's be a 55 million dollar team. Yes. Please.

One more stud top sixer and our line-up is sick.

If not all out for Perry - would love a guy like, say, Horton.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
right now they dont have money to spend close to the cap.....but if there is an opportunity to sign a player and melnyk thinks it will put them over the top then he will allow it, make the playoffs this year i think would show him how good we can be and that if we can sign perry or a high end guy it will allow us to have the ability to be a 2nd round playoff team on average then it pays for it self, he just doesnt want to sign these guys like we have in past and maybe make playoffs because he lost money doing that

the king has spoken!!!! :bow:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I like how they list Alfredsson as someone who may potentially leave his team so that the team should trade him ASAP.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
A lot of players would want to get to play with Karlsson.

I kid you not, that could play a huge part in signing freebies.

R2010

May 23, 2011
No way we're paying Perry 8.2 when Spezz is getting 7 and Karlsson is getting 6.5. What kinda message would that send to the rest of the team.

John Holmes*

Melnyk has always shown that he'll spend what it takes if it's the right move.

Anyone that says anything negative about him is obviously too young to remember the Firestone and Bryden days when the team REALLY had no money.

Throwing money at UFA's doesn't work.

The fact that the Euge has opened up the vault for guys like EK, Spezza, Heatley, was reportedly willing to take on the Nash contract, etc. etc. etc... proves his commitment to the team and the fans.

What more do you want from the guy?

Spending money just to spend money is stupid. It's not like we're losing players because we can't afford to keep them.

The team right now is a playoff bubble team on the rise. We shouldn't be anywhere near the cap ceiling until we have a team that is a legitimate threat to go deep in to the playoffs and possibly win a cup.

People that can't see that just don't realize how lucky we are to have an owner like Melnyk.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I agree with every word Johnny. This team is just fine financially. You get good first with young players, then you spend. It never has and it never will work properly the other way around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad