Player Discussion Artem Anisimov (C)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Anisimpv wont be playing with the same quality of players in ottawa so his point totals are going to drop. Rather lateral trade, sens might get a few more points out of the guy then they got out of smith, but they get softer.

Doesnt really matter anyway tho, this was clearly a cap/money trade

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anisimpv wont be playing with the same quality of players in ottawa so his point totals are going to drop. Rather lateral trade, sens might get a few more points out of the guy then they got out of smith, but they get softer.

Doesnt really matter anyway tho, this was clearly a cap/money trade

Again! And they say money isn't a motivator.

Reactions: PoutineSp00nZ

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The team is doing everything they can to finish between 20th and 25th, instead of 25th-30th.

Hainsey, Zaitsev, Anisimov, Ennis, Brown... all serviceable players that have no future here, but help make the roster good enough to win some games against teams that play their back-up (which will probably be 50% of the time) against us.

I would've preferred to go full tank.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The team is doing everything they can to finish between 20th and 25th, instead of 25th-30th.

Hainsey, Zaitsev, Anisimov, Ennis, Brown... all serviceable players that have no future here, but help make the roster good enough to win some games against teams that play their back-up (which will probably be 50% of the time) against us.

You have to think that what we are doing is making sure are younger guys are not burnt out and getting injured by playing too many minutes... I still say we come in 30th.... especially since we will have Andy getting some leave during the final months of the season.

Reactions: derriko

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

As long as Boro is on the team, we are going full tank. No doubt. Have faith...

Reactions: TheNewEra

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Yeah so we all said that contract was dumb lol.

I didn't think it was bad at the time. I know it's embaressing to admit being that wrong.

He didn't get paid like a gritty 25 goal scorer, he got paid like a mid end UFA 3C. So my logic was all he has to do is be an okay third liner and be lives up to the deal. He didn't do that.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
I think Anisimov helps make it a more Russian friendly environment and could get us more at the deadline if that's the plan.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
You have to think that what we are doing is making sure are younger guys are not burnt out and getting injured by playing too many minutes... I still say we come in 30th.... especially since we will have Andy getting some leave during the final months of the season.

We'll see how Smith uses them.

I'd rather have Smith in the press box than Anisimov on the ice. I'd also rather give a spot to a young player than have guys like Ennis, Brown, and Zaitsev hanging around.

And if Anisimov and Tierney block a guy like White from playing top 6 minutes as a C? Well that's a terrible move, IMO.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
You need to get over it man. This is what happens in a rebuild - established players are traded for prospects and picks. This is called pro sports.

Yes, but Pro Sports for one of the financially destitute teams, not the best franchises or even middle of the pack franchises.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Ugh. All this simplistic talk about winning/losing trades. This or that GM is an idiot. What about nuance and considerimg both sides of an argument?

Obviously the contract situations played into it a little, and Chicago sheds a bit of cap. But it's not a big difference. I just see a good old-fashioned hockey trade based on team needs.

Chicago has Strome and Toews as their top two centers but needed a good checking center like Smith. Sens have good checking centers in Tierney and Pageau but needed more of a pure skilled guy for the top two lines and powerplay.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Damn, that's actually a pretty good trade.

At first glance, Anisimov looks like he'll get a chance to play #1C. Just based on the increased opportunity, he could have a really good first half of the season and be a prime Pump & Dump candidate for the trade deadline.

We certainly weren't going to trade Smith for anything significant... but Anisimov is probably a 50 point player (probably 25 goals as well) on our team given the lack of other offensive centers. Considering he'll be 32 years old once the season ends, the chances of him finishing this contract as a Senator seem small...

Reactions: Variable26

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I'd rather have Smith in the press box than Anisimov on the ice. I'd also rather give a spot to a young player than have guys like Ennis, Brown, and Zaitsev hanging around.

And if Anisimov and Tierney block a guy like White from playing top 6 minutes as a C? Well that's a terrible move, IMO.

I have to disagree. I think the younger players benefit playing with vets... these vets rather than smitty. They also benefit from being thrown into the fire too early.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

I don't think Anisimov would take away from White. If White truly plays better than them, he'll get the ice time. Young players need to be insulated.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016

Yes nothing screams "going for it" like Hainsey, Zaitsev, Anisimov, Ennis and Brown.

The only way the Senators come close to 20th is with a bunch of young guys carrying the team.

Most of these guys have well defined ceilings and they're temporarily blocking young guys.

You can rest easy, the tank is safe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad