Player Discussion Artem Anisimov (C)

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We have now reached the floor and White remains un-signed.

Does that mean there's still hope Boedker is traded? Ohhh Yeaaaa:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kane and Toews were separated on the PP?

I can see Anisimov pacing at 40+ points here with the proper usage.
I believe Kane was double shifted a fair bit and Anisimov was on the second unit. Either way he saw a lot of PP time and 5v5 with Kane and didn't quite pace at 40.

Realistic expectation is probably mid 30s but you never know. I alwaus liked him so i am really happy about this trade. It might spell the end for Pageau though as we now have White, Tierney, Pageau, Anisimov, Ennis as centers along with Brown looking to crack the lineup and other Bown able to play center in a pinch.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
That's actually not very good considering we've traded Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Hoffman in the last 12 months...

It would help a lot if you counted both drafts then, not just one, and also considered the prospects that we got like Brannstrom, Norris, Davidsson and Balcers...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
upload_2019-7-16_21-57-44-png.244969

win win or lose lose I suppose. Zach was good at the PK. Better than getting nothing for him and saves some money especially this year.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This trade is significant because it shows that a player having lockout bonuses will not prevent us from acquiring the player. Anisimov is owed 1.5M next year in bonuses.

This is obviously a cap move for Chicago. They save over 1 million.

We get the better player and we cut salary. We only owe Anisimov 5M in real cash, Smith was owed 6.5.

Really good trade by the Sens here. I could see Anisimov playing a bigger role for us, maybe we get something good for him at the 2020 deadline.

We get the better player for the next two years for less money spent and he will be worth a better asset in a trade at the end of his contract.

A+ for Dorion
Hugs n high fives

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
This trade is significant because it shows that a player having lockout bonuses will not prevent us from acquiring the player. Anisimov is owed 1.5M next year in bonuses.

This is obviously a cap move for Chicago. They save over 1 million.

We get the better player and we cut salary. We only one Anisimov 5M in real cash, Smith was owed 6.5.

Really good trade by the Sens here. I could see Anisimov playing a bigger role for us, maybe we get something good for him at the 2020 deadline.

We get the better player for the next two years for less money spent and he will be worth a better asset in a trade at the end of his contract.

A+ for Dorion
Hugs n high fives

Yup, making sure are Russian studs are given some guidance along the way

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Anisimov just had a 2M bonus paid a few days ago, so this is yet another short-term cost-cutting/cap bloating deal.

Zack Smith is owed 6.5M salary and Anisimov 5M now that his bonus is covered by Chicago.

This is a financially motivated move, but I think it's different from most of our moves because we are actually getting the upgrade in value here.

We get the better player, he costs less, and he will be worth more at the end of the contract in a trade.

Unlike the Leafs deal, I can't find a downside to this trade if the alternative was keeping Smith. Seems like a great move for once.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad