Player Discussion Artem Anisimov (C)

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Buddy has 64-17-10-27 stat line playing mostly 4th line since joining Ottawa. (22 goal pace for 82 games)

Do you think he has value at the deadline as someone who can score a goal every 4 games on the 4th line?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Buddy has 64-17-10-27 stat line playing mostly 4th line since joining Ottawa. (22 goal pace for 82 games)

Do you think he has value at the deadline as someone who can score a goal every 4 games on the 4th line?

He should. But I dont know if teams can fit him in due to cap. Anisimov is interesting because he is a vet that finds a way to contribute positively when in the lineup but at the same time we dont really have room in the bottom 6 moving forward. If he would come back for a 1 year 1 million deal as our 13th forward i would do it tbh

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I know people don't like Anisimov, but having him, Dadonov and Zaitsev on the team is probably the biggest reason as to why Zub has been able to flawlessly transition to N/A.

Many russian players sign with teams with little to no pre existing russian players and that can be the difference between bringing over a Barabanov, or bringing over a Zub.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
I know people don't like Anisimov, but having him, Dadonov and Zaitsev on the team is probably the biggest reason as to why Zub has been able to flawlessly transition to N/A.

Many russian players sign with teams with little to no pre existing russian players and that can be the difference between bringing over a Barabanov, or bringing over a Zub.

He had a solid season last year. Wasn't a stand out or anything, but 15 goals in 49 games is good production for a guy in his role.

He just has no wheels anymore. He still has some of the best hands on the team in close. Just filthy mitts. Legs cant keep up sadly. By all accounts he's a pro's pro and like you said, no question he's a guy someone like Zub can lean on and learn the league.

He's def a punchline, by myself included, but I dont mind having Arty around at all. Just dont want him playing regularly anymore.

Reactions: DrEasy and Smeddy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Anisimov has carved out a decent career for himself, he may still be able to sign a contract with someone next yr in a bottom six role, but his best days are behind him for sure. Hopefully, they don't re-sign him, Ottawa could have a replacement in Sokolov at some point next season.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
On a side note, we have all the Russians now. Z and Daddy help Zub feel comfortable, and Sock comes in soon too. All of a sudden we likely look a lot more attractive of a destination to Russian guys, especially those guys that don’t speak a lick of English....

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Wouldn't be the end of the world if Anisimov came back at the league minimum, starting to like the idea of being able to get the top Russian player that's looking to come to the NHL. If Dadanov, Anisimov and Zaitsev being on the roster helped get Zub here, along with his transition, that's good stuff

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Wouldn't be the end of the world if Anisimov came back at the league minimum, starting to like the idea of being able to get the top Russian player that's looking to come to the NHL. If Dadanov, Anisimov and Zaitsev being on the roster helped get Zub here, along with his transition, that's good stuff

I like Arty. But despite the fact that he is shockingly producing more than Dzingle is - if we are going to sign of of the two of them, I think RD makes more sense and is a more effective player due to his speed, and doesnt anchor any line down (where Anisimov does if hes not having a good night - centermen get a lot more touches on the puck on any given evening).

I feel like it should be Tierney who takes Anisimovs spot in the press box next season...Watson will be back here too, which means someones coming out from the current lineup.

We should basically have the same group of forwards heading into next season, so I would rather see L Brown, Abramov, Sokolov, Greig, Crookshank, Amadio duke it out for the final spots with Tierney and Watson.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
For the love of children, close this thread. My heart skipped. And I like Anisimov. I just took the bump as if we were bringing him in again. That thought is ultra scary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad