Post-Game Talk: Sens 4, Pens 3 (OT) - Buffalo for All The Marbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Copied and pasted from a different post of mine.

Penguins OTL will enable them to clinch with the following scenarios:

1.) Penguins pick up three points between the Isles/Sabres or...
2.) Senators pick up only 1 point between the Rangers/Flyers or...
3.) Senators pick up 2 points between Rangers/Flyers AND Penguins pick up 1 point between Isles/Sabres or..
4.) Senators pick up 3 points between Rangers/Flyers AND Penguins pick up 2 points between Isles/Sabres

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
As soon as I saw Scuderi-Lovejoy on the ice, and then they proceeded to back in all the way down to behind the goal line, I knew the game was over.

Lovejoy is the worst defenseman on the team. Worse than Chorney. He's an AHL'er at best.

And we traded a 23 year old former first rounder for him...

YinzAintBurgh*

Ya, he wasn't out at the end there because he's one of our best face-off men and best players? It was just for the free point! And trying to score in Overtime? The selfish *******.

Sutter took the face off and he should have changed but tried the stretch pass. Fun he only steps his game up when he's at risk of losing the Art Ross. Imagine if he played like that every game then they wouldn't be in this situation.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
What do you even say to this? I've just got a dumb grin on my face, this is just so comically sad.

I've been watching sports for a really long time, and I've never seen a team have a month like this. This is the most awe inspiring collapse I have ever witnessed.

Hope you all enjoyed that window of contending, because it's now completely ****ing shut.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
I used to work in a nursing home, with a lot of dementia patients. That sad, blank stare that some of them have is the exact same look as MJ has on the bench. I won't even complain about him though, because who's the bigger idiot, him, or the guys that hired him?

The following guys have taken things to a new level of humiliating play:

Kunitz
Lovejoy
Scuderi
Sutter
Spaling
Lapiere
Adams
Comeau

I pray, absolutely pray that Lemieux sells this team to someone with a ****ing clue how to put together a winning team.

You need to add Perron, guy is trash

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I used to work in a nursing home, with a lot of dementia patients. That sad, blank stare that some of them have is the exact same look as MJ has on the bench. I won't even complain about him though, because who's the bigger idiot, him, or the guys that hired him?

The following guys have taken things to a new level of humiliating play:

Kunitz
Lovejoy
Scuderi
Sutter
Spaling
Lapiere
Adams
Comeau

I pray, absolutely pray that Lemieux sells this team to someone with a ****ing clue how to put together a winning team.

:handclap:

In the meantime, they need to do tonight what they needed to do Sunday night . . . fire Mike Johnston.

Alas, even if they did, that loser Tocchet would take the reins.

So, basically, we're ******.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Copied and pasted from a different post of mine.

Penguins OTL will enable them to clinch with the following scenarios:

1.) Penguins pick up three points between the Isles/Sabres or...
2.) Senators pick up only 1 point between the Rangers/Flyers or...
3.) Senators pick up 2 points between Rangers/Flyers AND Penguins pick up 1 point between Isles/Sabres or..
4.) Senators pick up 3 points between Rangers/Flyers AND Penguins pick up 2 points between Isles/Sabres

Thanks Waffle for that breakdown.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I really do not understand how you can send Kunitz out there specifically for that D zone draw. Not Spaling. Not Winnik. Kunitz.

I always was a believer in it doesn't really matter who the coach was, the talent on your roster mattered.

I was young, I was naïve. Most of all, I was wrong.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
BCOLzUL.gif

I defy any person on this forum or involved with this organization in any way to tell me that this team deserves to be in the playoffs, and Ottawa deserves to miss them.

It's an 82 game season, and I don't feel bad for Ottawa if they sucked in the beginning and it costs them in the end. But our sucking in the end, might be to their benefit.

bingobangobongo

Jun 14, 2010
Water in the gas tank.

I don't know what these guys drink, what they eat, how they work out, or how they live away from the ice, but they have 0 stamina and 0 resilience during the game.

They came out and looked like Stanley Cup contenders and then water in the gas tank. By the end of the game they looked like a team of geriatrics.

Mid-game fades and game to game swings.

If they were a team that started slow and built to a dynamo over the last 30 minutes I could take it. But to give your all and be able to execute for 20 minutes and then fade as the game goes on is unacceptable.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I expected a loss. I wasn't disappointed.

The best part in all of this is that JR built a team for the playoffs, he dumped Despres for Lovejoy because it made the team more of a playoff team, Johnston said all the right things and did all of the right things for all of 2.5 months, this team deserves the current state they are in with the attitude they show on the ice.

I can't wait for the propagandic ******** out of Mario and Ron's mouth about this team and it's future.

When the Pens miss, I would just fire everyone - Rutherford, Guerin, Fitzgerald, Botterill, Morehouse, Johnston, Tocchet, Agnew, everyone.

Somewhere, Ray Shero and Dan Bylsma are laughing their ***** off.

I almost feel like everybody not named Malkin or Hornqvist has to go.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
What do you even say to this? I've just got a dumb grin on my face, this is just so comically sad.

I've been watching sports for a really long time, and I've never seen a team have a month like this. This is the most awe inspiring collapse I have ever witnessed.

Hope you all enjoyed that window of contending, because it's completely ****ing shut.

Just a month????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad