Post-Game Talk: Sens 3 - Jets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Some changes I'd make in the short term are , not playing Tofolli, he's to slow in my opinion, and not scoring. I'd bring in Cole and put him in that position. Also would be playing Samberg more, and give Brossoit more starts.

Longer term, I don't think I'd sign Bowness for next season, I would not sign Tofolli, and I would think of trying to resign Monahan, depending on price. I'd also think seriously about trading Connor.

I would never hire Scott Arniel to be head Coach, maybe OK as an assistant.

ALSO - I'd bring up our younger guys like Lambert, Chibrikov, and McGroarty, and play them regularly, and let them develop in the NHL. We have nothing to lose by playing our future young stars.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
On a side note Appleton should be sending Bowness a bouquet every game day and a nice Christmas gift. He has gone from being the biggest whipping boy for the fanbase before the all-star break to not even being in the top 3-5, in part due to Bowness creating new whipping boys with his lineup decisions. :laugh:
I would way rather Barron played there instead of Appleton, ya, ya Appleton has a few more points this season than normal but i think Barron is the better player easily. The most frustrating thing to me is why have we stopped playing the way that we were? Always hard on the forecheck , forwards coming back to help defend and working our ass's off. Obviously the easiest thing to do is blame the coach because it's the easiest thing to fix , fire the coach and grab a shiny new one off the shelf . But to me this is on our players not our coach . If we were struggling to be a .500 team all year then ya coaching might be a problem but we were one of the top teams in the NHL not that long ago and it has all changed. Here is hoping that our players decide that they want to win like they were and start playing like they were.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
They did not play Larry Bro nearly enough this year. He has played 1 game more than “Big Save” Dave from last year. What a waste!
Larry Bro is as good as gone next year.

Yeah did we give up assets for Miller? We don’t even play the guy to see what he can be, especially with this “big shot” the guy has. Another waste.

Why is SNERG sitting while healthy? He is our 3rd best D man maybe our second best and he sits? WTF. Monkeys are making these lame brain decisions.
Agreed for some reason I thought Bro had more gp. He will get Monday though. Id envision one or both of Calgary Seattle too. Helle has 64 gp last year he's at 55 so far with 9 remaining.... Is that handful of less starts what folks hand in mind of less of a workload? :dunno:

It's time For pionk to take a break. See what you have a bit in miller. Cycle pionk and Dillon to actually load manage players with high season workloads, instead of your youngest dman and least used pair.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
They did not play Larry Bro nearly enough this year. He has played 1 game more than “Big Save” Dave from last year. What a waste!
Larry Bro is as good as gone next year.

Yeah did we give up assets for Miller? We don’t even play the guy to see what he can be, especially with this “big shot” the guy has. Another waste.

Why is SNERG sitting while healthy? He is our 3rd best D man maybe our second best and he sits? WTF. Monkeys are making these lame brain decisions.
Maybe Samberg has a nagging issue and needs rest. I’m ok with that.
I think we rest as many guys as we can over the last 8 games, especially Helle.
Let the guys come into the playoffs a bit more fresh this year.
Sure we could lose more games down the stretch by not playing the stars (or would we)?
We don’t need “safe” coaching decisions right now.

After watching that late miss from Monahan, I'm convinced he had a brain cramp and was actually trying to pass that puck.
I was wondering the exact same thing.
Over-passing is really out of control now. :oops:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I have no idea what has happened to this team, was it smoke and mirrors, an easier schedule, but I'm pretty sure Bones and his coaching staff have no idea how to fix it. It's up to the guys on the ice to get out of this funk and get back to winning if they can.
Bones can definitely fix it and I believe he knows how.
He simply needs to keep players accountable and send some messages by altering playing time. I just don’t think he has the guts to do it.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I have no idea what has happened to this team, was it smoke and mirrors, a easier schedule, but I'm pretty sure Bones and his coaching staff have no idea how to fix it. It's up to the guys on the ice to get out of this funk and get back to winning if they can.
Id say early in the season it was very real. Then, not so much. Even in our latest win streak I didn't think we played particularly well.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Bones can definitely fix it and I believe he knows how.
He simply needs to keep players accountable and send some messages by altering playing time. I just don’t think he has the guts to do it.
He probably is gun shy after the big F U at the end of last season, anyways I think he has 8 more regular season games and playoffs however long or short they are and he is outta here.

Reactions: Bigfish and Jets 31

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He probably is gun shy after the big F U at the end of last season, anyways I think he has 8 more regular season games and playoffs however long or short they are and he is outta here.

I mean what does he care at this point, he's likely going to retire end of year. Might as well pull out all the stops.

Reactions: Buffdog

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I mean what does he care at this point, he's likely going to retire end of year. Might as well pull out all the stops.
He looked down out and defeated especially last night, health problems for him and his wife has probably weighed heavily on him this year and he is just going thru the motions at this point, much like his team.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He looked down out and defeated especially last night, health problems for him and his wife has probably weighed heavily on him this year and he is just going thru the motions at this point, much like his team.

Yeah in all honesty at his age and with everything that has happened health wise the last two years he probably should just enjoy his retirement.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
A few games ago, I thought that I noticed that Hellebuyck was getting beaten a few more times than "normal" on the high glove side, an issue that he had early in his career. It had been corrected but now, perhaps, it was a sign of tiredness? I had a look at his stats as of today and his numbers are very similar to last year and in some ways better. Of course, Brossoit is miles better than last season's backup, Big Sieve Dave Rittich. So goaltending is the least of the Jets' worries. But have the coaches utilized Helly and Larry to take advantage of Brossoit's fine play. It actually looks like there was/is a plan. With Rittich, it looked like they were basically playing him one out of five games and with Brossoit, it looks like it's one of every four games. So, it looks like the coaches are trying to use Brossoit a little better.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah in all honesty at his age and with everything that has happened health wise the last two years he probably should just enjoy his retirement.

that was basically my thinking the instant we learned Bones was the guy two years ago. Really didn't feel very strongly that he was the coach to get this team over the hump so to speak.

I can't buy the whole conditioning idea. I just can't believe that these players and coaches can go season after season not knowing what they need to do in terms of preparing for a full season. This deal has gone on through many different personnel and coaching changes. I think it just comes down to the reality that we have a core that is just a step below real top end NHL calibre talent. Helly has probably covered some of that but the truth is just that our best players aren't quite consistent enough and reliable enough to get the job done.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
And after that, what, 2 to 3 years of Arniel before any real changes are made?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And after that, what, 2 to 3 years of Arniel before any real changes are made?

To be fair we have no idea what Arniel would run systems wise. He could actually be real good doing his own thing. But I definitely wouldn't mind a more forward thinking coach.

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad